Airport Island Memory Requirements (iray)

Does anyone who has purchased this product have any experience regarding renders using iray? If you load a scene in a way that looks complete enough (i.e. loading only parts that are visible in the render) will it render nicely on a consumer grade card (~4Gb RAM)? 

Also, it looks like the island itself might come with the villa park module, but it's not super clear. Do the difference scenes come with their own piece of the island or is there a single package that loads the island itself? 

Comments

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 910

The renders seem ok. The navigation is slow thou.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903
    edited October 2016

This is really a huge set (no wonder, he said in comments on YouTube, it took him 3 years to make).

Below is the output from SimTenero - Iray Memory Assistant for AI CCB !The City Environment Full.

My Nvidia graphic card has only 2 GB of VRAM, so I use CPU only mode for iray with this set.

CityEnvFullMem01.jpg
    711 x 623 - 146K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited October 2016

Below is my render from Daz Studio iray, within 16 minutes. I wonder which render settings he has used?

CityCenterFull01pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 445K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

why do all the airport island things say   'Look at individual products in this bundle for install types'

edited October 2016

Another iray render, made with the default settings. I am really curious, how did he manage to make such nice promo images.

CityCenterFull01pic03.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 895K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Artini said:

Another iray render, made with the default settings. I am really curious, how did he manage to make such nice promo images.

It's really looking like you've still got the headlamp on...that would be where I'd start.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2016
    Artini said:

He also mentions he used Iray Worlds SkyDome. This set changes the Environment Mode to Sun-Sky Only. It uses self-illuminated skies and adds indirect lighting to the scene. For direct light from the sun, you need to add the Sun Dial Set, found under Render Settings>Presets>Render-Settings, (easy to find if you filter for "sun")

ETA: As you have the product, can you clear up the mystery on the Install Types? Is this a DAZ Connect Encrypted product? Or is it available via DIM and manual download, as well as Connect? Thanks.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

I bought the airport, and it has all three install types.

edited October 2016

Yes, I have missed somehow, that he used http://www.daz3d.com/iray-worlds-skydome while doing promo images. Below is a render using one of these skydomes.

I have installed my copy of Airport Island via DIM (DAZ Install Manager).

CityCenter04pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 498K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited October 2016

... and one more iray render (58 minutes, CPU only), with different skydome.

CityCenter05pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 544K
    Post edited by Artini on
    BeeMKay said:

I bought the airport, and it has all three install types.

Artini said:

I have installed my copy of Airport Island via DIM (DAZ Install Manager).

Thank you, both.

Artini, your two last renders look stunning.

• MistyMist said:

why do all the airport island things say   'Look at individual products in this bundle for install types'

probably just a copy-paste error when setting up the store pages (there are a few things like this in the store, e.g. that mention Genesis 2 on a Genesis 3 product)

Thanks, L'Adair. When I saw this set in the store, my first impression was, that it is a biggie one.

And I have not started yet to fill it up with cars and people. I only hope, that Nvidia and Daz will release iray support for the new GTX 1080 cards.

Hopefully this set will fit in the 8 GB of VRAM, so the renders will take less time to complete.

Yeah, this place is huge. And really benifits from the Iray Skydomes.

Airport Landing.jpg
    744 x 558 - 357K
  • I don't recall any other products that have good airport interiors, so that's the real draw on this one for me.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    MarcCCTx said:

Yeah, this place is huge. And really benifits from the Iray Skydomes.

Is that just the airport or did you need to buy another part to fill in the background?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

That's the just the airport, and using http://www.daz3d.com/iray-worlds-skydome

edited October 2016

Correct. Technically you would have been able to see some of the other sets in the distance. (I own the Villa part, but not the other two yet)

The Sea Base comes with a pose to move the IRay Skydome down below the surface of the water.

Post edited by MarcCCTx on