make autofit to include hair, hoodies, cloak hoods?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

make autofit to include hair, hoodies, cloak hoods?

is there a way to make any of the hoodies, morphing cloak hood 
to include a character's hair in the autofit?

dressing an elfmage 

thanks!smiley

Comments

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

No, but there are other techniques you could try:

1. Using a product like this: http://www.daz3d.com/deformers-plus-hat-head, or create your own deformers within DS
    2. Add a smoothing modifier to the clothing item and set collision item as the hair - you'll need to tweak the smoothing and collision iterations to get desired effect but start with low numbers as the higher it goes, the more likely DS will crash
    3. Use dynamic cloth as an alternative so that it will collide with the hair naturally
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Your other option is to erase the bits poking out of the hood in postwork...

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Tigerste and Sonja have given great suggestions. Once you get the hood and hair and everything how you like it you can save it as a "scene subset", that way you don't have to go through all that work again.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

Or turn the unwanted hairs into their own material zone, and turn down that zone's opacity to 0. I'm not sure if that works in iray (I'm still using 3Delight atm), but I've had good luck with it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    riftwitch said:

Or turn the unwanted hairs into their own material zone, and turn down that zone's opacity to 0. I'm not sure if that works in iray (I'm still using 3Delight atm), but I've had good luck with it.

Yes, that works fine in Iray. Use the geometry editor to select those parts of the hair you want to hide and create a new surface from the selection. Then dial Cutout Opacity to 0.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    tigerste said:

1. Using a product like this: http://www.daz3d.com/deformers-plus-hat-head, or create your own deformers within DS
    2. Add a smoothing modifier to the clothing item and set collision item as the hair - you'll need to tweak the smoothing and collision iterations to get desired effect but start with low numbers as the higher it goes, the more likely DS will crash
    3. Use dynamic cloth as an alternative so that it will collide with the hair naturally

This product looks interesting but do you know if it has adequate instructions on how to use it?  I have so many "helper" things in my library with no help or readmes and I end up more frustrated. For instances, the description says it's for V4, M4 and the kids 4 but then it goes on to say it can work for almost any hat or hair for almost any figure.  Does that include Genesis 2 and 3?.  Never worked with magnets, what the heck are they?

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

This product looks interesting but do you know if it has adequate instructions on how to use it?  I have so many "helper" things in my library with no help or readmes and I end up more frustrated. For instances, the description says it's for V4, M4 and the kids 4 but then it goes on to say it can work for almost any hat or hair for almost any figure.  Does that include Genesis 2 and 3?.  Never worked with magnets, what the heck are they?

I'm sorry I don't own it so couldn't verify, but check the item description as often if there is a guide/manual its mentioned there. Failing that you could try contacting the artist, or searching google/youtube as often other artists create tutorials for products. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    tigerste said:

Magnets are Poser's version of Dformers, the instructions I believe are for Poser, so may be a bit difficult to follow IIRC, I returned the product.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I don't know if it's suggested yet, but this product might be helpful: http://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-2

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

I don't know if it's suggested yet, but this product might be helpful: http://www.daz3d.com/hat-and-hair-helper-genesis-2

Yes Diva I have that wishlisted but I wonder if it only works for G2