V4 Hair transfer via Transfer Utility.... or i want my morphs back.

Dave2Dave2 Posts: 16
edited October 2016 in New Users

I want to transfer my favorite V4 hair to G3 via Transfer Utility. Why not an autofit? Autofit totally destroys hair shape and even 20 smoothing modifer can`t help it out. So what i did:

Loaded G3 and V4 hair

Positioned hair at right place on head

Converted hair to a prop

Runs a Tranfer Utility (Shoulder hair preset)

And voila! Everything is fine (except curls on chest, which fall through the skin after a head/neck bends, but it`s not so important) and... hey, where is all hair morphs? Ohh, i lost it after i converted hair to a prop.... and i want it back and i have no idea how to get it back. Help needed. )=

Post edited by Dave2 on

Comments

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Sounds like you might have to start from scratch. In the Transfer Utility under Weights, does switching on 'Merge Heirarchies' help preserve the morphs? And if you have the V4 clone in the Transfer Utility, try that. Also, here are some useful tips for fitting V4 hair props to G3.

http://www.winterbrose.com/non-products/HorseTail-Hair.html

• Dave2Dave2 Posts: 16
    Jimbow said:

Sounds like you might have to start from scratch. In the Transfer Utility under Weights, does switching on 'Merge Heirarchies' help preserve the morphs? And if you have the V4 clone in the Transfer Utility, try that. Also, here are some useful tips for fitting V4 hair props to G3.

http://www.winterbrose.com/non-products/HorseTail-Hair.html

I`m loosing morps on stage converting hair figure to prop. It`s not Transfer Utility problem at all. All i need to know, how to transfer conforming hair without "prop" stage, or how to transfer morps back to my new figure.

• AutoFit does not destroy morphs, but ti will remove custom bones (which may be driven by paramaters on the hair figure of the neck or head bone, so it will look as if they are morphs).

To use a hair without losing bones, parent it but don't fit it, then position and scale it so that it fits to or just clips inside the wearer's head. Once you have that, apply a smoothing modifier and set the collision target to the figure wearing the hair - that will cause the areas that just clipped inside the head to pop out. If that doesn't work then it probably will be necessary to create a custom fit in a modelling application and either apply it as a morph to the parented hair or simply rig it,. including any desired custom bones, to the target figure.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

I just tried it with V4 Janna Hair, which shows up as a figure in the Scene tab.

Converted the hair to TriAx weightmapping.

Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility.

Source: Genesis3Female

Chose Clone:Victoria4

ProjectionTemplate: Hair/shoulder length

Weight Maps: Merge Heirarchies on

Morph Targets: Override Existing off

Reverse Source Shape From Target on

Target: Janna Hair

Accept.

I'm now seeing and operating all of the original morphs in Janna Hair's parameters under 'Other'.

If the hair initially loads as a prop in the Scene tab then the above doesn't seem to work.

• Dave2Dave2 Posts: 16
    edited October 2016
    Jimbow said:

Converted the hair to TriAx weightmapping.

Yeah! This is right what i need. Thanks alot!

Post edited by Dave2 on