Hockey stick doesn't move correctly with character

Hello, all.

Long-time Bryce user, complete newb in Daz Studio.  I purchased the hockey bundle (http://www.daz3d.com/hockey-player-m4-bundle) and am trying to get the hockey stick to move properly with the Michael 4 character.  The gloves, helmet, and other gear parent automatically when added to the scene and move perfectly, but the stick doesn't and I don't know how to make it work.  There are two stick props with the set (right/left).  I tried parenting the stick to everything I can think of and no matter what I do, when I click on a pose, it rotates in a seemingly random fashion.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Art

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

It should work if you parent it in place wizthe the hand, but the stick maybe has a different rotation axis?

• Thank you, BeeMKay!  I saw the option to parent in place, but didn't know what that meant so I left it unchecked.  Once I selected it, all works perfectly.  Thanks again!

Art

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

smiley Glad it worked!

The parent in place option glues the item to the particular bone. For example, if you manually fit an old hair for V4 to G3F, to keep the bones in the V4 hair running, you would shape and move the  hair until it fits to the G3F head, and then parent it in place to the G3F head bone.

• Thanks for the additional explanation.  Very helpful.

Art