Absolution

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Wow! Just ...wow! Jack Tomalin has really outdone himself! Absolution is incredible! It's beautiful and HUGE! 

Words can not express how much I love this set - it's gorgeous and massive! WELL DONE, Jack!

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

holy moley that is WAY bigger than I expected!!

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

The promos make it seem tiny.... WOW.

it can be loaded bit by bit, right? i don't have to load the entire thing if I don't want to? (my poor computer would probably curl up and die!)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    jakiblue said:

it can be loaded bit by bit, right? i don't have to load the entire thing if I don't want to? (my poor computer would probably curl up and die!)

Yeah, he provided presets to just load sections of it. :) He also provided both Iray and 3Delight mats as well as standard mats AND high res mats for both rendering formats. 

edited October 2016
    jakiblue said:

holy moley that is WAY bigger than I expected!!

I know, right? I loaded it and was like...what? WHOA! This thing is MASSIVE! lol I love it!

mtl1 said:

The promos make it seem tiny.... WOW.

Yeah, imo the promos definitely didn't show the full scope of the set - as it really shocked me how big it was when I was setting up the scene. I first loaded it and wasn't paying much attention yet, then added my character to the scene - and COULDN'T FIND HER. lol It was so big that she got totally lost. hehe 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

One of the promos hinted at the scope of this, but I didn't notice in the promo that it appears t have entrance stairs on all four sides.

JOdel said:

One of the promos hinted at the scope of this, but I didn't notice in the promo that it appears t have entrance stairs on all four sides.

Yeah, all four sides are the same - but you don't have to load all of it, you can just load one side if you want. 

• Hey,

Thanks all for the kind words.. yea, I'll be doing a couple of extra promos to show off the scale.  I kinda overlooked that - the perils of making content while worrying about the big PC anniversary!

But glad everyone likes it :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You know...that would be one impressive hoard of brain eaters if it were filled to capacity....

• mjc1016 said:

You know...that would be one impressive hoard of brain eaters if it were filled to capacity....

Heh it's funny you should say that.. one image I did think of when creating it would be a gang of survivors in the center, with a load of zombies clambeirng up all 4 sides.. (like that film, er, World War Z?)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,524

Very Jack! Superb, now, where can I steal a few hours rendering with it?

• Totte said:

Very Jack! Superb, now, where can I steal a few hours rendering with it?

Heh, let me know when you find out too.. I could use the sleep.

divamakeup, what lighting did you use for your renders?

edited October 2016
    jakiblue said:

I used the "Absltn !Lights_Night" and a freebie HDR sky from Evermotion. (The first one I think.) :)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Thanks! They look interesting!

I picked up Absolution today - I can't wait to have a play and render it....once it actually turns up in Connect so i can ...y'know...download it.  

jakiblue said:

I used the "Absltn !Lights_Night" and a freebie HDR sky from Evermotion. (The first one I think.) :)

Yay!!!! Absolution and other stuff turned up in Connect, so I take back my statement. LOL

• jakiblue said:

Yay!!!! Absolution and other stuff turned up in Connect, so I take back my statement. LOL

Hurrah!

jakiblue said:

I look forward to seeing your renders with it! :D

Hurry up and put yours in your DA so I can see them LOL. 

Also, I pm'ed you a bit back - no idea if you get email notifications for them. :D 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

Also, I pm'ed you a bit back - no idea if you get email notifications for them. :D 

jakiblue said:

I hardly ever post on DA - or go to DA for that matter. lol I do need to post there more often. 

I often post new images on my Babes on a Budget thread though: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86906/babes-on-a-budget#latest

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

Weird - I just logged into both of my DA accounts and I didn't get any PM from you. 

If you mean here, I never got it here either. :(

oops sorry, yes i meant here. And you replied so you got it *grin* 

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

Weird - I just logged into both of my DA accounts and I didn't get any PM from you. 

If you mean here, I never got it here either. :(

• jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

No, don't use DA to host pictures for here! My server blocks them so I can't see them!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

After critical comments about their concert volume being capable of waking the dead Fireblood chose to perform at the Absolution Necropolis.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    nattaruk said:

After critical comments about their concert volume being capable of waking the dead Fireblood chose to perform at the Absolution Necropolis.

wow great !

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

No, don't use DA to host pictures for here! My server blocks them so I can't see them!

Did your server block the two images in the original post at the top of the page?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Can't wait to try this out.  I saw Diva's post on her thread earlier I think it was and am sincerely impressed with this.  I immediately thought Dragons myself lol.  Or Giants....  Going to get a lot of use out of this one.

edited October 2016

Oops, double post.

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited October 2016

Can't wait to try this out.  I saw Diva's post on her thread earlier I think it was and am sincerely impressed with this.  I immediately thought Dragons myself lol.  Or Giants....  Going to get a lot of use out of this one.

Awesome! I can totally see the dragons with this set too! It's not often we get sets that can really show off those larger figures and accommodate their sheer size. The scope of this environment can really translate to creating some truly epic art, imo. If I had one of the newer dragons I'd be doing a dragon piece too. However I only have the free dragon and the poor guy is definitely showing his age. (Although he does look pretty cool in @nattaruk's piece - covered in flames and the bright light of the fire). :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<boggle>

Haven't installed this yet, have to give it a go tomorrow. Much bigger and better than I thought it was — I'm beginning to get scene ideas already.