Club Princess outfit, are the spurs optional?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Club Princess, are the spurs optional?  
are the spurs like a smart prop can load the boots without?

http://www.daz3d.com/club-princess-for-genesis-3-female-s

was thinkin this would be kewl cyber pirate wench outfit, but the spurs are a safety concern >.<

thanks!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

how the pants look without the boots?

mebbe with the teadz boots 

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I don't know, but since the spurs are sticking out it would probably be fairly easy to select and hide the geometry if they weren't already a separate material that you could simply set the opacity to 0% for.

thanks smiley  was just thinkin the boots are prolly for a certain fetish demographic.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,641
    MistyMist said:

thanks smiley  was just thinkin the boots are prolly for a certain fetish demographic.

Kinda thinking the same thing. It's a great looking outfit, but the style is kinda out there based on what I see around where I live. I can definitely see it being used as a themed outfit, such as a pirate lass.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I really like the outfit, however "Club Princess" doesn't seem to fit the outfit at all. It know it's been a few years since I've been in a club but I'm pretty sure they aren't wearing spurs or those types of "adventurer" outfits in clubs. lol

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Seems inspired by..evolved from... http://www.daz3d.com/dj-remixed

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

The spurs hide easily ('Boots_Cowboy_Spurs_Mat' under Surfaces; zero the Cutout Opacity).  I also did a quick geometry editing (select by Face Groups, lThigh, Select by Loop, hide selected polys...then the same for the right thigh, then delete hidden polys, then save as a Support Asset / Figure Prop assets) which made them shorter boots.

The pants go all the way to the feet, so they work just fine at any length of boots.

The PA is awesome, and has done updates to the G2F equivalent outfit to support G2F characters that came out after the outfit did.  (No idea if that'll happen here, but I'm just sayin', they're good at support).

One of my better buys, and ones I'm most confident in making. :)

--  Morgan

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,269

It's a strange name for the set. The set itself is loaded with interesting pieces which don't necessarily seem to go together. The boots look like they escaped from a fantasy/adventure set. Probably a rather nice one. The blouse looks like it could be repurposed for some kind of wench outfit. The pants are a really handsome pair of sorta cargo shorts (I doubt that they actually extend under the boots). The belts look generally useful. A mixed bag, but everything in the bag looks rather good.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2016

Greetings,

The pants do extend under the boots.  The blouse is named 'peasant', so yeah, definitely a wench-ish thing.

Here are two pictures (the same scene, focused differently); the older woman is wearing the Club Princess boots, modified ever-so-slightly to make them less tall.  The younger girl in the back is wearing the rest of the club princess outfit, except for the boots, belt, and I made the midriff mesh invisible.  (And she's wearing Hiking Shoes, converted from G3M.)  Turns out I also changed the film ISO between the two.  Ah well... :/

I really like this outfit.

The lady in front is wearing the boots, shortened.The girl in the back is wearing the rest of the outfit, minus a few pieces.

--  Morgan

WIP Sisters Office Front.png
    724 x 1024 - 1M
    WIP Sisters Office Back.png
    724 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

The spurs hide easily ('Boots_Cowboy_Spurs_Mat' under Surfaces; zero the Cutout Opacity).  I also did a quick geometry editing (select by Face Groups, lThigh, Select by Loop, hide selected polys...then the same for the right thigh, then delete hidden polys, then save as a Support Asset / Figure Prop assets) which made them shorter boots.

The pants go all the way to the feet, so they work just fine at any length of boots.

The PA is awesome, and has done updates to the G2F equivalent outfit to support G2F characters that came out after the outfit did.  (No idea if that'll happen here, but I'm just sayin', they're good at support).

One of my better buys, and ones I'm most confident in making. :)

--  Morgan

is it really that easy?

heart​ the gloves   

okay, need a 'gateway' item  lol

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,781

If anyone is on the fence, the add-on textures should push you over.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,515
    edited October 2016

I can't get this to install properly; if I install it from DIM, the thumbnails are broken and nothing will load when clicked on. It can't even be installed through Content Manager, it's marked as having no metadata and no installer. Is anyone else having this issue?

edit: I did get it installed using DIM, but am not able through Smart Content. Strange.

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I can't get this to install properly; if I install it from DIM, the thumbnails are broken and nothing will load when clicked on. It can't even be installed through Content Manager, it's marked as having no metadata and no installer. Is anyone else having this issue?

edit: I did get it installed using DIM, but am not able through Smart Content. Strange.

Yeah, apparently a LOT of people are having issues downloading their new purchases right now. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,269

I download and install everything manually, and even that has been balky this week. One day I wasn't able to get anything to download faster than about 25k per second. At that point you give up and try again later. Possibly even *much* later.