Big Bad Boris and Beyond Attn: Smay

I’m posting this here in the commons because I can’t help but think others have run into something like this.

I recently purchased your Boris character. Unfortunately I did not understand there were textures other than the displacement and bumps to go with it and I now have a black and white guy running round in my runtime and i don’t know what to do with him. I like Boris perhaps better than Ivan 7 although I can see a lot of similarities, but how do I color him? Boris is Gen 2 and Ivan is Gen 3 so can Gen 3 textures be used on Gen 2 stuff?

I’ve tried a few mats from other figures but I can’t help but wonder if you didn’t have a mat in mind when you created him. If so which?

I’ve even trans-mapped some mats from M4 using Texture Transformer but they lack the Iray surfaces and don’t render well.

I addressed this to Smay but perhaps others have suggestions.

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

If I recall,there aren't displacement maps or bumps; he is pure geometry so any genesis 2 male skin will do; I believe that is the default M6 skin in the ads...

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,824

Boris has no texture whatsoever. He's purely a morph on G2M.

Genesis 3 Male textures cannot currently be used on Genesis 2 Male. Cayman Studios has recently produced a product for using Genesis 3 Female textures on Genesis 2 Female, but no such product yet exists for the male.

I don't know that I would recommend using such a product on Boris in any event. Cayman Studios' geograft products tend to show visible lines for HD morph characters. If they're fully dressed, that probably doesn't matter; for a swimsuit render, however, it could be problematic.

You can use ANY Genesis 2 Male-compatible texture on Boris, no matter what the UV. Specific UV products like Michael 6 or Scott 6 or Gianni 6, or G2M base UV products like FW Sebastian or FW Oliver, etc.

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

This is What's Included with Boris (Notice the bold Italics (Mine))       

Boris HD for Genesis 2 Male(s) (.DUF)

• Characters Preset
        • Textures not Included
      • Boris Morph
      • Boris HD Details Morph
      • Boris Body Morph
      • Boris Body HD Details Morph 
      • Boris Head Morph
      • Boris Head HD Details Morph
    • Clothes: (.DUF)
      • Briefs
    • Textures Include:
      • 3 Bump, Displacement and Transparency Maps (2000 x 4000)
    • This is the confusing part first he says there are not textures and then he says there are three. . .  I'm so confused.
    • Maybe he means the preset has no textures. I use the HD version
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

Ah, those are for the clothes (briefs).... 

• cclesuecclesue Posts: 420

Errr. . . I'm betting you did something I didn't think of doing and peeked.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,992

Boris is a shape absolutely perfect to mix into other characters, to get a realistic look. i.e. with his HD morphs. In a way, he's similar to George in that way, nly that George comes with texture, and Boris is "just" a shape.

You can use him with any male G2 or G1 skin.