what is the best way to animate hair please?

for Daz studio animations. Anyone who is very familiar with Animate 2 can you tell me the simplest and best way to animate a characters hair for an animation? what is it you usually do. Thx.

Comments

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

You won't be able to animate hair and have it look decent.  However, you can get VWD Dynamic Cloth and Hair plugin for Poser (you don't need Poser) and the VWD Daz Bridge to run it in Daz Studio.  $65 for both an Renderosity.  Any clothing or hair can then be made to move with your character with the animations made in Animate or through the Daz timeline.  I have them and I'm getting amazing results.  Watch this video    He is the one who created the Bridge.  Although he is only showing the dynamics on the dress, you can do the same for the hair.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

Toobis, I went looking for your message you sent me, my email told me its content but it had disappeared.  I will answer it here.  The plugin above will animate any hair, even models back to V1, 2 and 3!  Some hair has to be decimated because the plugin can't handle hair really dense with verticies.  It will tell you by saying "not enough memory".  I have played with lots of V4 hair with amazing results.  There is a place devoted to this plugin in the renderosity forums where you can ask questions.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088
    edited October 2016

Carrara has dynamic strand-based hair that responds to wind forces and physics (gravity).

See this thread  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51604/tutorial-creating-realistic-carrara-hair-for-animations-and-still-renders/p1

EDIT: and there is a VWD bridge to Carrara as Jaebea mentions for Studio

Post edited by Diomede on