Modding Heels, footwear toes, other props

Here's one example of some things I'd like to be able to do: I'm looking to put natural movement effects to items like toes in footwear, and even possibly having a female model bend the heels of her footwear if the situation calls for this. So far bending toes just makes the toes pop out of the footwear.......(I've turned visibility off for editing and rendering for feet in footwear). I can't make the shoes/boots bend in the toes area as they would in real life. Ankles and knees for tall boots are all fine. Am I missing something? Once this is resolved (if it is possible, I don't know if it technically can be done), I know I'll think of other things to give similar treatment as they pop up to get the most out of the reality the software provides.

Sorry if I've missed something already addressed here in the forum, but searching has turned nothing up so far.

Comments

• Generally high-heeled items are made with rigid soles, so there are no toe bones. You can add them if you want, or give them influence with the Node Weight paint Brush tool

• waltn3mtjwaltn3mtj Posts: 112

Thanks, I'll now research how to add toe bones, possibly heel bones (if that would work) and see what Node Weight Paint does. I'm just getting started and being bandwidth challenged, have to mess around quite a bit on my own being choosy about which videos I think will help most. For example, if I am able to add new bones for the toes, can I save that shoe/boot with the added bones keeping the original unmodified?

I don't know if it makes a differece, but I point the footwear to the model (in have bought extra shoes and boots for Victoria 6 in addition to the big pack for her, so I know they should work - I'm putting issues to my errors), have the model followed and then I find I have to make her feet (as an example) invisible in editing and rendering, otherwise they show through even on boots, etc, made for that model. Transforms, etc, all seem to work as expected.

I figure footwear would be a good place to start as they are usually simple and I can see the results more easily than many other things.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Not sure if this will help you at all or not, but just in case - 

Rigging a pair of high heeled shoes