Genesis Scaling Morphs - How To? - SOLVED

Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376

Hi folks,

I would like to create a morph that scales Genesis down quite a bit. Creating the morph and fitting the skeleton to the morph is easy enough. My problem is I don't know how to make the skeleton scale with the morph when it is used like for example when you use the basic child morph. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Post edited by Harry Dresden on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

You mean like having the skeleton auto follow Genesis' proportions when parented/fit?

Couldn't you just use the Scale dial in the parameters tab?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Yes i want the skeleton to follow the morph as it is dialled like when you dial M5 Hero or Basic Child or Troll. I already know how to fit the skeleton to the final shape but I need to be able to save it as a complete morph like the examples I mentioned.

• RF InteractiveRF Interactive Posts: 10
    edited June 2012

Hi,

I am not totally sure but I think you need to ERC freeze it.

From the manual at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/auto_rig/start

ERC freeze to morph target for rigging
    Prop editor, ERC freeze,

Select figure/node Genesis,

Select your new morph name under the Property list. You can search through this list by typing the first letter of your morph name, as often as necessary to find your morph in the list.

Be sure all the properties you want to have tied to this control are checked, then make sure “Restore Figure Rigging” is NOT checked

Hope this helps.

Post edited by RF Interactive on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

At first I thought you made a skeleton model that you parented INSIDE Genesis that wasn't scaling, but your second post makes me think you just need a morph dial to get from Genesis' starter form to a morph loaded state? Is that right? If so, once you have the morph loaded on Genesis, you can just go to File > Save As > Support Asset > DSF Morph File

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I am not totally sure but I think you need to ERC freeze it.

From the manual at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/auto_rig/start

ERC freeze to morph target for rigging
    Prop editor, ERC freeze,

Select figure/node Genesis,

Select your new morph name under the Property list. You can search through this list by typing the first letter of your morph name, as often as necessary to find your morph in the list.

Be sure all the properties you want to have tied to this control are checked, then make sure “Restore Figure Rigging” is NOT checked

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. This was exactly what I needed. It works 100%