Dson for Poser 11

Is there one?

The one that comes with Daz won't install, since it's for 9 and 2012 only..

Comments

• If you install with DIM Poser 11 should be an option for the Poser version. Initially people just lied about which version they had - said it was Poser Pro 2014 or whatever.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506
    edited October 2016

Hmm,  When I install the file, it tells me that it cannot find Poser  (I can't check  since I can't login, and can't go to the website...)

but  I can go to the forum ......   kinda puzzled here.

DIM won't let me login either..  not sure if there are problems

this is the page: http://www.daz3d.com/dson-importer-for-poser

This Plug-in requires either Poser 9 or Poser 2012 with SR3 (Or later).

But it won't install,  so idk what I am missing here ?

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • OK,  i had the Poser 11 in my application settings,

but added also now the Poser 2014 pro  and now it installed.

If it's just Poser 11 Pro  then it will not install.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

I had no problem installing the DSON Importer for Poser under Poser 11 Pro.

I did, however, have to make sure I had the most recent version of the DSON Importer.  (It's 1.2.0.12, by the way; at least, that's the most recent version I have in my Product Library.) And the DSON Importer build has to match the application; i.e., if the Poser executable is 64-bit, then the DSON Importer must be, as well.  I also do not use DIM to install any software, preferring to rely on the executable installers.

The one issue that I have encountered is the one you mentioned (albeit tangentially): that, if you have more than one version of Poser installed (in my case, Poser Pro 2012, and Poser 11 Pro), only one of them will recognize the DSON Importer, and it's usually the last version I installed it to; I always get that 'Install has detected a previous version of the DSON Importer...' message, which recommends that that previous version be uninstalled. 

I finally ended up making an "executive decision", to wit: this is the version of Poser I'm going to use for Genesis 2, when I use Genesis 2 in Poser.  As it happens, I rarely do; if I'm going to use Genesis 2 (or any Genesis figure), it's going to be in DAZ Studio; Poser is now mostly for Generation 4 and earlier figures.

• I am receiving this error after trying to load from my new library "My Daz 3D Library":

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Basic Female.py", line 1, in <module>
        import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

• Hey,

Hand manually instal the INACTIVE VERSION  works for poser 11.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_16190

• davaro64davaro64 Posts: 0

Thanks, gibbiejoe! That worked for me.