Teen Princess Leila for G3F (commercial)

1235»

Comments

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

I just bought this.  How come there are seems on the face.  I don't think I can possibly use a product is this kind of glaring fault.  Its ugly and not usable.

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited January 2017

Ok, I went ahead and submitted an update to correct the seams issue. Please allow a couple weeks for the update to go live.

And, thanks for your patience in this; we all are beginners at one point or another,

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

All things considered you did a pretty fantastic job on this, especially for a first go. And really, Daz should have caught this at testing. She is a beautiful character and we all learn as we go.  Even the PA's who have been doing this for years sometimes miss a thing or two. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you, Philosopher!

j

• @nightwolf1982
    @nicstt
    @Icedream
    @Artini
    @unknownmystery445

Just a heads up to everyone having trouble with the eyebrows in the beta, Carl from Daz was kind enough to fix the issue for me. So along with the update for the seams, the eyebrow issue will also be corrected. 

Thanks for your patience guys while I learn how to make characters,

-P

• @nightwolf1982
    @nicstt
    @Icedream
    @Artini
    @unknownmystery445

Just a heads up to everyone having trouble with the eyebrows in the beta, Carl from Daz was kind enough to fix the issue for me. So along with the update for the seams, the eyebrow issue will also be corrected. 

Thanks for your patience guys while I learn how to make characters,

-P

When will the update get released? :)

• DIM had an update a few days ago.

Did that solve the eyebrows issue in the latest version of Daz?

• I never had the eyebrow issue, and I load the eyebrows onto almost every character I ever load.  I use whatever version of Studio DIM offers, so I think I got the latest build.  It updated recently, and now includes "spectral rendering" as an option, so I think it's the latest version.

Did that solve the eyebrows issue in the latest version of Daz?

Yes, it did. I had the eyebrow bug after updating Studio, and it's back to normal with the product update.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You can't see the eyebrows on this one but they are definitely fixed.  She is really a beautiful girl.  Her skin is lovely!

• Ok, in that case, can you check a few things for me? 

1. when you first load the eyebrows, what error comes up? (if no error, what does the log say?)

2. Double check that the geometry is actually where it is supposed to be;

•  My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\Fibers5_18000
    • My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\UV Sets\The Philosopher\Base\default.dsf

3. Also, are your mapped folders the default locations, or did you set up a custom location to another drive?

I am on Daz Studio 4.9.3.166 Professional

My Log says:

2017-03-23 14:46:53.111 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(10852): UV set: "/data/The%20Philosopher/Teen%20Princess%20Leila/Teen%20Priness%20Leila%20Eyebrows/UV%20Sets/The%20Philosopher/Base/default.dsf#default" has wrong vertex/facet count
    2017-03-23 14:46:53.111 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1868): Could not find UVs for geometry.
    2017-03-23 14:46:53.111 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1307): Failed to create uv set!
    2017-03-23 14:46:53.111 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4726): Could not find geometry for the material instance.m_uri.
    2017-03-23 14:46:53.111 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1326): Failed to create material!
    2017-03-23 14:46:53.127 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1724): Failed to follow node.

I have my libraries in a custom folder, but no issues with other content.

Attached is a ZIP file with the 3 main files in question. I'd be curious if you run a diff on yours and these if there is a delta. These are all JSON text files, so can be diffed in any programming tool. If there is indeed a vertex error, I could simply change the vertex array by hand, and that should do it. Or, if you send me your version of the file(s), I can try if it fixes the problem.

Thanks

zip
    zip
    eyebrows.zip
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited April 2017

Tilmau,

There was an update for TPL that corrected the vertex count issue. Have you downloaded it through DIM? 

Let me know,

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on