Teen Princess Leila for G3F (commercial)

Comments

• No way, not possible to use the eyebrows in the beta. If I load the created character (from the release version), the eyebrows are a grey case.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Yeh I use the beta; i still have 4.8 installed and have no intention of moving to full 4.9 at this stage. I guess returning the product makes sense; I'll get later, when whatever issues are sorted.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Great work. Texture seams are a bit much though, especially around the face.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited November 2016

I also use only beta. Is there a way of use this without the eyebrows? I have some other fibermesh eyebrows, that works in beta.

And what about those seems around the face? Are they really looking bad? Could someone post a render of the face with the seems visible, please.

Never mind. I have found the answer in the other thread.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Hey guys,

Are you still getting the spinning circles for the product promo? I was getting it for a while this morning too, but it seems to be working for me now.

bad4u said:

Oh, c'mon, this is exactly that kind of not fully thought through promo that's a pain for fans who already have purchased each and any of your products. Reading this takes the fun out of a great release for me that usually would jump right into my cart.

Buy TEEN PRINCESS LEILA FOR GENESIS 3 FEMALES
    along with any of THE PHILOSOPHERS featured products below,

GET AN EXTRA 30% OFF* them both

Why not offer the same discount at least for those who have all items from your catalog as well then ? There's nothing listed I could combine with to get that discount now :(

@bad4u

I think that's a good idea. Of all people, those who have already purchased every item in my store should get a discount as well.

If have a sale again, I will request that that be done. I am not sure if they have an algorithm for it, but it is worth asking.

-P

Looks great - but wishlisted until same discount for those who have all items from your catalog....

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited November 2016
    Artini said:

I also use only beta. Is there a way of use this without the eyebrows? I have some other fibermesh eyebrows, that works in beta.

And what about those seems around the face? Are they really looking bad? Could someone post a render of the face with the seems visible, please.

Never mind. I have found the answer in the other thread.

@Artini,

Yes, you can simply delete the empty node from the scene and not use eyebrows (or use your own instead).

Regarding the seams, I believe they appear when you remove the subdermal layer from the shaders, which I suspect is what he did. 

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited November 2016

Thanks for the answer. I were suspecting something, like that. She looks lovely, so I've just wanted to confirm, that I can use this character anyway.

Post edited by Artini on

Yeah sorry, certainly no reason to hold back from buying. She's very lovely and subdermal textures (and hair) is going to cover up seams somewhat but they are there right in the color maps which isn't usually the case.

edited November 2016

Is that a viewport render? I believe when rendering in iRay those seams will disappear. 

-P

edited November 2016

It's not a render at all, just what you see in the viewport. You don't see seams like that in color maps of other characters. In renders it's slightly visible with the out of the box material, and a lot more visible if I lower the translucency weight a bit as i find the veins slightly heavy.

No worries though, still a tremendous job  :)

Post edited by bluejaunte on
  • If it's not a closely guarded trade secret, what is the headpiece that she is wearing in the promos? 

• If it's not a closely guarded trade secret, what is the headpiece that she is wearing in the promos? 

@VortigensBane

I must have forgotten to include that in the "Additional Products..." section. It is the Ceru circlets in the Daz Store. Here is the link to the product page.

-P

• Thanks so much, both for the link, and for the lovely young lady.

• lain105_eckomarslain105_eckomars Posts: 95
    edited November 2016
    thd777 said:
    nicstt said:

Sales are over. so 2 items $20

yesterday, 20 items $2... ahh well, there will always be another one.

But decided to get the character, think you did a brilliant job.

... I suppose the silver lining is, it doesn't take ages to download everything

Any reason why I'm getting this?

I installed the character to default library - I don't use and have no intention of using connect

Are you using the Beta of DS? If yes, that's why. I get this in the latest Beta, but it works fine for me in the release version (the grey bar are from the eyebrow geometry).

TD

If you haven't, could you report this bug, please?

Did this get reported already, or should I submit a ticket?

Also, I'm having some weird issues with G3F clothing. Cloth near her right hip juts out. This doesn't happen on everything, though. The two examples are MFD and Hellenic. I will submit a seperate bug for that.

tpl hellenic 1.png
    568 x 694 - 215K
    tpl mfd 1.png
    568 x 694 - 197K
    Post edited by lain105_eckomars on
  • I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I will be releasing a small update to correct the diffuse maps mistmatch in the viewport (big thanks to @bluejaunte for the help in this)...

This way, if you plan to use the diffuse maps in other projects, you can do so without issue. 

sorry, beginners mistake on my part. Mea Culpa... 

• You're forgiven. wink  I'm still tweaking my first scene with her, hope to post it soon (you know how long it takes me to get a render done)...

• I just recently purchased Teen princess Leila. She is lovely and unusual. However, both in the preview, when rendered in DAZ 4.8 as well as when exported as an OBJ, the seam between her torso and face is visible. I want to keep her and hope you can suggest what to do other than have to try to work with them in Photoshop which can be time consuming to correct the mats. Thank you.

• Sorry. I missed the other comments on the seams. I'm glad you will be releasing a fix. Your products are really nice and she is so different from other figures with her delicate features.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    lain105 said:
    thd777 said:
    nicstt said:

Sales are over. so 2 items $20

yesterday, 20 items $2... ahh well, there will always be another one.

But decided to get the character, think you did a brilliant job.

... I suppose the silver lining is, it doesn't take ages to download everything

Any reason why I'm getting this?

I installed the character to default library - I don't use and have no intention of using connect

Are you using the Beta of DS? If yes, that's why. I get this in the latest Beta, but it works fine for me in the release version (the grey bar are from the eyebrow geometry).

TD

If you haven't, could you report this bug, please?

Did this get reported already, or should I submit a ticket?

Also, I'm having some weird issues with G3F clothing. Cloth near her right hip juts out. This doesn't happen on everything, though. The two examples are MFD and Hellenic. I will submit a seperate bug for that.

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with this character as I found this with the MFD and Hellenic but do not have Leila.

• Heads up, the eyebrows aren't working in the 4.9.3.128 Beta.  All I'm seeing is a grey block, and the log file says this:

2016-11-22 21:08:56.549 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(10744): UV set: "/data/The%20Philosopher/Teen%20Princess%20Leila/Teen%20Priness%20Leila%20Eyebrows/UV%20Sets/The%20Philosopher/Base/default.dsf#default" has wrong vertex/facet count

Liela Eyebrows.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 596K
  • unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited November 2016

Hi philosopher! I know this is out of topic but I hope you also do something that makes clothes become dynamic. VWD is just not that integrated to Daz and optitex is just limited. A lot of people are already looking for something like this :)

Post edited by unknownmystery445 on
  • Hi philosopher! I know this is out of topic but I hope you also do something that makes clothes become dynamic. VWD is just not that integrated to Daz and optitex is just limited. A lot of people are already looking for something like this :)

I agree; a more refined dynamic clothing solution is needed, and would be a big step in helping to unleash Daz's animating capabilities. I wish I had the coding knowledge to tackle that kind of a project.  

-P

• Are there any updates regarding the eyebrows issue in Daz 4.9?

• unknownmystery445,

It looks as if the eyebrows issue is only occuring on the Beta version of 4.9x. So my guess is that it is likely a bug with the update which will be ironed out in time. We will have to wait and see.

-P

• unknownmystery445,

It looks as if the eyebrows issue is only occuring on the Beta version of 4.9x. So my guess is that it is likely a bug with the update which will be ironed out in time. We will have to wait and see.

-P

I'm not using a beta 4.9 though, just the released older 4.9 that doesn't work with the 10 series.

edited December 2016

Ok, in that case, can you check a few things for me? 

1. when you first load the eyebrows, what error comes up? (if no error, what does the log say?)

2. Double check that the geometry is actually where it is supposed to be;

•  My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\Fibers5_18000
    • My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\UV Sets\The Philosopher\Base\default.dsf

3. Also, are your mapped folders the default locations, or did you set up a custom location to another drive?

• unknownmystery445unknownmystery445 Posts: 414
    edited December 2016

Ok, in that case, can you check a few things for me? 

1. when you first load the eyebrows, what error comes up? (if no error, what does the log say?)

2. Double check that the geometry is actually where it is supposed to be;

•  My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\Fibers5_18000
    • My DAZ 3D Library\data\The Philosopher\Teen Princess Leila\Teen Priness Leila Eyebrows\UV Sets\The Philosopher\Base\default.dsf

3. Also, are your mapped folders the default locations, or did you set up a custom location to another drive?

it's working now, just reinstalled it :)

Post edited by unknownmystery445 on
  • Great, glad to hear. yes

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 2016

The eyebrow issue is being causwd by the UV file, not the geometry file.  For some reason, the UV file vertex count and uvs value don't match up with the geometry file vertices count, which is throwing the error I first posted.

Post edited by nightwolf1982 on
  • Great, glad to hear. yes

Kindly make more characters like teen princess Leila that look unique! Either an adult one, another teen, or a child one, or even a baby! And also fictional creatures, I think you're good at it :)