Need some help saving poses for Silent Sally

Hi all. I need some help saving poses for RawArt's awesome Silent Sally and her geograft tentacles. I have tried saving as hierarchical pose presets with G3F selected, but this doesn't do squat for the tentacles. I have tried selecting each tentacle individually and saving poses for each, but that doesn't work either. I have also tried baking tentacle poses to transforms, but that just zeroes them out. Any advice?

--MW

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

It sounds like you might need to save each "pose" as a Scene Subset instead. 

• Were the tentacles parented to the G3F figure? The Hierarchcial presets require that everything be parented - being fitted alone isn't enough.

• Hi Richard. Yes, the tentacles are parented to Sally.

I think I might have figured out the problem. I was trying to save poses on the assumption that the tentacle controls were tagged as Pose Controls. However, they are not. They are under Actor/Movement with no tag. I have now succeeded in saving tentacle poses by using the Properties Preset save option and checking off the appropriate control boxes there.

I'd love to avoid all this and bake the G3F rotations, as well as the tentacle rotations, to transforms. Is it possible to bake the tentacle rotations to transforms even if they are not tagged as Pose Controls?

--MW

• You could edit the properties of the tentacle controls to make them Modifier/Pose (once done and saved they would apply correctly to any version of the tentacles). I would, however, report this to Technical Support as a possible bug.

• Thanks, Richard. Reported.

--MW