New Jacket (need zippers, pockets, belt, etc.)

2»

Comments

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pretty incredible job of UV mapping to have been done in Hex!

8)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I was thinking the same - pretty brave to embark on that:) Glad for you that Hex didn't throw in the towel halfway through.

I'm waiting to see if anyone has the answer to your question regarding the bits that shouldn't bend. What springs to mind would be to either have them as separate objects parented, or fiddle with the smoothing drop-off zones, or use the rigidity function. These are only guesses - the only similar thing I've done was on a sea monster i made, where the spikes on the back had to move with the bending of the figure, but not deform. Got that right by adjusting the smoothing drop-off between the back and the spikes and that worked well.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Well, I managed to fix the shoulder seam, the deltoid armor, and the straps and epaulettes on the shoulder, but the flares on the pectoral armor are still bending down with the arms. I ended up going back to the original file and adjusting the seams to sit on the inside of the shoulders, between the shoulders and neck then shrinking the shoulder straps and epaulettes, moving the snaps for them, as well as the pectoral armor, and the attachment straps for said armor. I had to make new pectoral armor plates, but, as I said, have bending on the flares. .

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    I was thinking the same - pretty brave to embark on that:) Glad for you that Hex didn't throw in the towel halfway through.

I'm waiting to see if anyone has the answer to your question regarding the bits that shouldn't bend. What springs to mind would be to either have them as separate objects parented, or fiddle with the smoothing drop-off zones, or use the rigidity function. These are only guesses - the only similar thing I've done was on a sea monster i made, where the spikes on the back had to move with the bending of the figure, but not deform. Got that right by adjusting the smoothing drop-off between the back and the spikes and that worked well.

I haven't personally used them but the rigidity map function is what normally is recommended with problems like this...

Beautiful jacket!

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Roygee said:

I haven't personally used them but the rigidity map function is what normally is recommended with problems like this...

Beautiful jacket!Thanks. I haven't had much luck figuring out rigidity maps yet, so...
    I'm making my third set of pectoral armor right now, with the flares shorter, and with a steeper rise. Hopefully that will fix the problem once and for all.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Roygee said:

Beautiful jacket!

Thanks. I haven't had much luck figuring out rigidity maps yet, so...
    I'm making my third set of pectoral armor right now, with the flares shorter, and with a steeper rise. Hopefully that will fix the problem once and for all.

Good luck with it!

edited December 1969

Well, I've managed to minimize the deformation of the shoulder flares on the Pectoral armor, but not eliminate it altogether.

Jacket-15.jpg
    1540 x 878 - 206K
    edited December 2012

Well, I noticed another "slight" issue after I put the jacket on a character with pants on. The jacket was a "bit" too short in the waist, leaving a gap between the jacket's waistline and that of the pants, exposing the bottom of the shirt underneath, as if the jacket was too small. :red:

Easy fix, but now I have to go back and re-rig it all over again.:shut:

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happy days. :)

edited December 1969

Well, jacket is fixed, and I just did my first test render of the Night Warrior wearing it. I still need to adjust the shaders for the armor to get them the right colors, but otherwise, he's looking good.

Night-Warrior-test-render-1.jpg
    1000 x 646 - 43K
    edited December 2012

Finally have the armor colors mostly right, but an still having a problem with the "triangles" that are supposed to be superimposed onto the gold section of the pectoral armor plates (see untextured screen captures) not showing up at all in the render. They show up fine in Daz, and are there on the original mesh, but not showing up when rendered.

Night-Warriro-test-render-6.jpg
    1547 x 1000 - 63K
    Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Fixed. The problem was a result of applying a smoothing modifier. Once I turned off smoothing, everything worked. I've also fully outfitted his gun belt and holster, as well as his utility belt with ammo clips, grenades, flashlight, and other equipment, though it still needs a canteen. All that's left now, aside from a more accurate pair of shades, is his battle glove with retractable "Panther" claws. Not sure how to pull that off yet. Making the glove shouldn't be hard, making the claws retractable, on the other hand...

Anywhat, take a look, and tell me what you think.

Night-Warrior-test-render-10.jpg
    1547 x 1000 - 101K