Fantasy dynamic robe problem (Solved)

RafmerRafmer Posts: 564
edited October 2016 in The Commons

I purchased this product http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-fantasy-robe but I am having problems getting it to work.

The robe does not load, only the rig does. I have tried using any material or preset I found in the folder without luck.

I am using DS 4.9.2 on Windows(64bit).

Have anyone got it to work in recent versions of Daz Studio or is it just too old?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post edited by Rafmer on

Comments

• Have you isntalled the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in without having a license (or at least without entering the serial number in Help>About Installed Plug-ins)? If so try uninstalling it, and if that fails try reinstalling DS - with luck that will reactivate the basic plug-in.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

I have this item, and like you the latest version of DS, and it loads just fine.

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564

Have you isntalled the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in without having a license (or at least without entering the serial number in Help>About Installed Plug-ins)? If so try uninstalling it, and if that fails try reinstalling DS - with luck that will reactivate the basic plug-in.

Thanks! That solved my problem. I had not entered the serial number, didn't even know I had to do it. Found it on my account->serial numbers and all is fine now.

Havos said:

I have this item, and like you the latest version of DS, and it loads just fine.

And have you managed to drape it around any figure? It just keeps falling down no matter what I do.

• The product is designed for Michael 4 and also fits Victoria 4. It is possible to use with other generations of figures, but takes a little bit of work. Please see the documentation supplied with the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in for more information.

The product is designed for Michael 4 and also fits Victoria 4. It is possible to use with other generations of figures, but takes a little bit of work. Please see the documentation supplied with the Dynamic Clothing Control plug-in for more information.

Is there documentation supplied? I can't seem to find it.

Rafmer said:
    Havos said:

And have you managed to drape it around any figure? It just keeps falling down no matter what I do.

I did try that, and I suffered the same problem as for you. I was draping on V7, and it collied with her head and shoulders, but the arms poked through. It also dropped straight through the floor, so did not collide with that either. I tried with a floor with multiple small polygons, and that did not fix it, plus other options I tried also did not help. I have successfully draped many outfits before, so I am not sure why this one is playing up so much.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited October 2016

Well, apparently Daz doesn't want you to figure this out very easilly... it was unbelievably hard to find these links!

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothbasic/start

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothctrl/start

Post edited by Chuckdozer on
    Havos said:
    Rafmer said:
    Havos said:

I did try that, and I suffered the same problem as for you. I was draping on V7, and it collied with her head and shoulders, but the arms poked through. It also dropped straight through the floor, so did not collide with that either. I tried with a floor with multiple small polygons, and that did not fix it, plus other options I tried also did not help. I have successfully draped many outfits before, so I am not sure why this one is playing up so much.

Yeah, it is the same for me. I had not encountered this kind of problem before. Thank you very much for trying it.

Well, apparently Daz doesn't want you to figure this out very easilly... it was unbelievably hard to find these links!

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothbasic/start

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dynclothctrl/start

Thank you! I'll take a look.

edited October 2016

It will collide with the floor when there is no figure involved (ie it collapses into a heap on the floor, it does not pass through it). However if I add a figure the floor is ignored, very annoying, since on a long robe like this it will almost always end up partially draped on the floor.

I have had similar issues with other dynamic items, in particular with them dropping through floors, plus other oddities, like colliding with the whole figure except the feet.

I tried the drape with V4, and got similar results as with V7.

Post edited by Havos on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Optitex's dynamic stuff seems to have some kind of capacity of collision. If you exceed a certain amount of stuff to collide with, clothing starts ignoring it and falling through the figure.

It's very very annoying.

Optitex's dynamic stuff seems to have some kind of capacity of collision. If you exceed a certain amount of stuff to collide with, clothing starts ignoring it and falling through the figure.

It's very very annoying.

I am sure you are right, and there is indeed a limit, but it must be quite a low limit, as I only had the dynamic item, V4, and the floor in the scene.

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265

It's very very annoying.

Very much so. I love toying around with dynamic clothing but these "quirks" optitex has can frustrate me sometimes. 

(And deciding to add dynamic clothing in an already busy scene isn't the best since you have to uncheck everything under collision then hunt for your figure in the list)

I managed to get it to drape around Michael 7, but I have to get the hair out of the collision item list so the hood is not usable. Can't get the robe to collision with both the figure and the floor too.

I haven't even tried to add an undergarment since it is an open robe.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Make sure your floor has enough polys, if it's just a big 4 points square for example there won't be any vertices to collide with. If it's too low poly you can try subdividing it, or using an invisible high-poly primitive as the collision item instead of the floor.

In the same way, for the hood a possible trick would be to use an invisible deformed sphere primitive (for example) around the head as the collision item rather than colliding with the hair itself, it will be easier to compute for the dynamic engine.

edited October 2016
    Leana said:

Make sure your floor has enough polys, if it's just a big 4 points square for example there won't be any vertices to collide with. If it's too low poly you can try subdividing it, or using an invisible high-poly primitive as the collision item instead of the floor.

In the same way, for the hood a possible trick would be to use an invisible deformed sphere primitive (for example) around the head as the collision item rather than colliding with the hair itself, it will be easier to compute for the dynamic engine.

I had already done that, my floor was given a load of square polys, and then further subdivided, so there was plenty of vertices for it to collide against. If there is a limit, and the limit is based on a number of vertices, then maybe I went too far, and should have had a floor with less vertices (as well as only being as large as it needed to be) so that it would not be "dropped" by the collision algorithm.

Post edited by Havos on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    Rafmer said:

I managed to get it to drape around Michael 7, but I have to get the hair out of the collision item list so the hood is not usable. Can't get the robe to collision with both the figure and the floor too.

I haven't even tried to add an undergarment since it is an open robe.

Hair is always difficult to collide with (lots of back facing polys and edges which tend to chew the mesh and explode it. Your best option is to create a sphere scale it to roughly the same size the hair is and set it to collide. Simple proxy objects are really helpful for draping. The smoothing modifier can also help cover any extraneous hairs.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Havos said:
    Leana said:

I had already done that, my floor was given a load of square polys, and then further subdivided, so there was plenty of vertices for it to collide against. If there is a limit, and the limit is based on a number of vertices, then maybe I went too far, and should have had a floor with less vertices (as well as only being as large as it needed to be) so that it would not be "dropped" by the collision algorithm.

Yes, if your floor is very big it might also "confuse" the collision algorithm, so once again colliding with a smaller primitive would probably work better.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try them out as soon as I can. The trick of the sphere primitive for the head sounds promising.

I managed to get the robe to collision with the undergarments, the floor and the deformed sphere inside the hood. It failed at doing it with the feet; and setting an smoothing modifier for the hair caused some pokethrough with the undergarments but those are minor problems. I am fairly happy with the results. Thanks all for your help! :)

raist.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 297K