LineRender9000 [Commercial]

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,822

Here is a test render

testinglinerender.png
    989 x 921 - 865K
  • rono64rono64 Posts: 55

Here's a render done with L9K and Iray settings tweaked to give grainy black and white.

MajorDomo1 composite.png
    4178 x 6144 - 8M
  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    rono64 said:

Here's a render done with L9K and Iray settings tweaked to give grainy black and white.

Fantastic image!! Love the style there.
  • sales_d1cd231181sales_d1cd231181 Posts: 18
    edited November 2016
    Very disappointed with this software. I would just like to create a simple b/w outline design for a coloring page. Is there a video tutorial on making a line drawing? I've tried numerous camera combinations and get varied results. Using the edgeblend camera is close but it's not like a coloring page design. Thanks.

Are you actually using the outline output or just the render? The outlines are a separate file generated in your render lib.

Hi, I'm using the LR9K autorender.dsa. Not the renderer that's in DAZ.

Very disappointed with this software. I would just like to create a simple b/w outline design for a coloring page. Is there a video tutorial on making a line drawing? I've tried numerous camera combinations and get varied results. Using the edgeblend camera is close but it's not like a coloring page design. Thanks.

Are you actually using the outline output or just the render? The outlines are a separate file generated in your render lib.

_02_Fresnel reflected v_lines (1).png
    871 x 870 - 3M
    Post edited by sales_d1cd231181 on
  • Hi, I'm using the LR9K autorender.dsa. Not the renderer that's in DAZ.

So is this one of the images whose name starts with "outline"? Try playing with various cameras supplied and with line width and threshold settings.

• djigneodjigneo Posts: 283

So is this one of the images whose name starts with "outline"? Try playing with various cameras supplied and with line width and threshold settings.

Looks like just the fresnel output to me. I'd suggest making the line threshold a little higher on that so there aren't such drastic dark areas around the nose. The Fresnel reflected v cam by itself will give "incomplete" looking lines, but it works rather well as a compliment to the 'Use colorId materials' feature.

• itsikwitsikw Posts: 42

I posted this question in the FAQ thread and now post it also here to hopefully reach wider audience. Here it is:

I have just finished a kind of "what's in the box" review of my newly purchsed line renderer. Going step by step through the tutorial I managed to find all elements and options listed in the tutorial except one: the null node "L49k autorender settings" which should have appeared after pressing "Save settings". It didn't appear also after pressing "Render!". I attach the scene tab (after render). What did I miss?

I need this because I intend to render a sequence of images.

nodes pane.JPG
    240 x 221 - 17K
  • HeraHera Posts: 1,952

I'm trying this script with no luck, just an error message telling me to look in the log file. Which is, as usual, just gibbereish.
    What is wrong when it says like below - is there something missing. Running the scrip doesn't produce anything remotely similar to a toon picture, just a regular 3Dlight render.

Saved image: C:\A-Linda\Arbetskataloger\Art\works\_01_Toon 2-tone cam.tif
    Finished Rendering
    Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 27.53 seconds
    WARNING: Script Error: Line
    WARNING: Scripted renderer '' not found!
    WARNING: Stack Trace:

Error in script execution: F:/LINDA/DAZ other/Scripts/LineRender9000/LR9K AutoRender.dsa

Hera said:

I'm trying this script with no luck, just an error message telling me to look in the log file. Which is, as usual, just gibbereish.
    What is wrong when it says like below - is there something missing. Running the scrip doesn't produce anything remotely similar to a toon picture, just a regular 3Dlight render.

Finished Rendering

Error in script execution: F:/LINDA/DAZ other/Scripts/LineRender9000/LR9K AutoRender.dsa

Have you adjusted the cameras in the script to use the Linerender9000 scripted renderer?
  • itsikw said:

I posted this question in the FAQ thread and now post it also here to hopefully reach wider audience. Here it is:

I have just finished a kind of "what's in the box" review of my newly purchsed line renderer. Going step by step through the tutorial I managed to find all elements and options listed in the tutorial except one: the null node "L49k autorender settings" which should have appeared after pressing "Save settings".

Isn't it the "LR9K Color Toon" node?

Hera said:

Finished Rendering

In render settings > scripted renderer, is linerender 9000 a selectable option? If not then that indicates to me that the autorender script is looking for linerender and not finding it. (Which means the script files may not be installed to the correct location.) The log error message indicates that it's trying to set the render settings to a scripted renderer but can't find it. Check the FAQ for more detail on the manual install location(s).
    itsikw said:

I have just finished a kind of "what's in the box" review of my newly purchsed line renderer. Going step by step through the tutorial I managed to find all elements and options listed in the tutorial except one: the null node "L49k autorender settings" which should have appeared after pressing "Save settings".

Thank you so much Mustakettu for replying. I thought so, but the manual explicitly says that the name of the node is "LR9K Autorender Settings". Reading your post I made another try and made a progress... The manual says that one has to select the settings node and navigate to the "Properties" pane. But I do not have such pane, so I tried the "Parameters" pane instead. And there I found the settings property! Now I have to find out how to re-configure it to image series output.

• djigneo said:

Looks like just the fresnel output to me. I'd suggest making the line threshold a little higher on that so there aren't such drastic dark areas around the nose. The Fresnel reflected v cam by itself will give "incomplete" looking lines, but it works rather well as a compliment to the 'Use colorId materials' feature.

djigneo said:

I'll keep playing with the width and threshold settings, thanks.

itsikw said:
    itsikw said:

Thank you so much Mustakettu for replying. I thought so, but the manual explicitly says that the name of the node is "LR9K Autorender Settings". Reading your post I made another try and made a progress... The manual says that one has to select the settings node and navigate to the "Properties" pane. But I do not have such pane, so I tried the "Parameters" pane instead. And there I found the settings property! Now I have to find out how to re-configure it to image series output.

To configure for Image series, just set Render settings to render to an image series. LR9k AutoRender will honor that setting just like it does render size.

djigneo said:
    itsikw said:
    itsikw said:

To configure for Image series, just set Render settings to render to an image series. LR9k AutoRender will honor that setting just like it does render size.

I was just about starting to investigate the series render issue when I saw your post. This is terrific, I am going to try it right now. Thank you djigneo for your help and this innovative product.

djigneo said:
    Hera said:

Finished Rendering

In render settings > scripted renderer, is linerender 9000 a selectable option? If not then that indicates to me that the autorender script is looking for linerender and not finding it. (Which means the script files may not be installed to the correct location.) The log error message indicates that it's trying to set the render settings to a scripted renderer but can't find it. Check the FAQ for more detail on the manual install location(s).

" (Which means the script files may not be installed to the correct location.)"

Where should the script be located then?
    And what is the script not found called?

Today they just went in where DIM put them, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to move and where.

KA1 said:
    Hera said:

Finished Rendering

Have you adjusted the cameras in the script to use the Linerender9000 scripted renderer?

No, I've no idea how that is done or even that you were supposed to do so...

edited November 2016
    Hera said:
    KA1 said:
    Hera said:

Finished Rendering

No, I've no idea how that is done or even that you were supposed to do so...

Check these settings in the autorender script window:

LR9K.png
    840 x 833 - 48K
    Post edited by KA1 on
    Hera said:
    djigneo said:
    Hera said:

Finished Rendering

Today they just went in where DIM put them, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to move and where.

The Scripted Renderer scripts (what I think are misplaced or missing) should be located in the Daz Studio install directory.

By default it's "c:\Program files\Daz 3D\DAZStudio4\". Within that folder there should be the following subfolders containing the scripts:

• \resources\Scripted Renderer\LineRender9000\LineRender9000.dsa
    • \scripts\support\djigneo\ScriptedRenderer\LineRender9000\OutlineRenderScript.dsa
    djigneo said:
    Hera said:
    djigneo said:
    Hera said:

Finished Rendering

The Scripted Renderer scripts (what I think are misplaced or missing) should be located in the Daz Studio install directory.

By default it's "c:\Program files\Daz 3D\DAZStudio4\". Within that folder there should be the following subfolders containing the scripts:

• \resources\Scripted Renderer\LineRender9000\LineRender9000.dsa
    • \scripts\support\djigneo\ScriptedRenderer\LineRender9000\OutlineRenderScript.dsa

All right! Now, I'm getting there. Now I just need to twiddle with it to get it the way I want. Thanks!

• Someone should create a series of video tutorials showing what image each camera setting will produce. The instructions alone don't give a thorough enough explanation on how to set up the different cameras and passes. I still don't understand composite passes or how many render passes I'm supposed to use.

• I still don't understand composite passes or how many render passes I'm supposed to use.

I'd say how many passes you'd need depends very much on the style you want to achieve =) If you could maybe show some examples?

And you don't have to composite inside DS, you can use any image editor or compositor (for animation) and feed the LR9K pass output files to it. 

I like this smiley. Generally all works, including image series (animation). After a few hours of tweaking, I found satsfactory settings and got impressive results.

Except that occasionally I get error messages from 3Delight that something is not an argument (severity 1) indecision. But so far this did not do any harm.

itsikw said:

I like this smiley. Generally all works, including image series (animation). After a few hours of tweaking, I found satsfactory settings and got impressive results.

Except that occasionally I get error messages from 3Delight that something is not an argument (severity 1) indecision. But so far this did not do any harm.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to avoid those "Min is not an argument of shader {23423-234234234....}" errors. Seemingly it's something caused by Shader Mixer cameras. There shouldn't be any adverse effects from those.

Glad to hear things are working for you! Feel free to share what you're working on, I'd like to see. =)

djigneo said:
    itsikw said:

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to avoid those "Min is not an argument of shader {23423-234234234....}" errors. Seemingly it's something caused by Shader Mixer cameras. There shouldn't be any adverse effects from those.

Glad to hear things are working for you! Feel free to share what you're working on, I'd like to see. =)

I have posted one picture, you can see it in my gallery.

• I still don't understand composite passes or how many render passes I'm supposed to use.

I'd say how many passes you'd need depends very much on the style you want to achieve =) If you could maybe show some examples?

And you don't have to composite inside DS, you can use any image editor or compositor (for animation) and feed the LR9K pass output files to it. 

I'm trying to create just coloring pages like this one. The "Fresnel reflected" gets me close to what I want. I'm rendering with the LR9K autorender. Thanks.

_03_Fresnel reflected v_lines (4).png
    871 x 870 - 3M
    dazscreenshot.JPG
    1824 x 1014 - 135K
    dazscreenshot2.JPG
    1858 x 1016 - 179K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

Finally started playing with this. I REALLY like the fresnel output. I will probably end up using a combination of PWToon, for shading, and this product for lines.

This particular early experiment uses fresnel output. The regular output was inverted and put through a Photoshop filter, then line output overlaid, and a number of minor adjustments.

2016 man.png
    1080 x 1080 - 394K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Finally started playing with this. I REALLY like the fresnel output. I will probably end up using a combination of PWToon, for shading, and this product for lines.

This particular early experiment uses fresnel output. The regular output was inverted and put through a Photoshop filter, then line output overlaid, and a number of minor adjustments.

Will's renders always make me wish I'd bought the product.

It's in my wishlist, so sooner or later.

I'm hoping vendors start paying me! :)

Thanks, Nicstt.

edited November 2016

Dragon!

I find the lines work best when they aren't super obvious, at least for this style of artwork (rather than cell drawn)

FH Dragon.png
    1748 x 1080 - 981K
    Post edited by Oso3D on