Loose blouse

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in Carrara Discussion

Is autofit ever going ot get this? It's an old issue that should have been solved by now, but this is DAZ. The way autofit converts blouse to fit the female morphs in genesis make the blouses too tight/form fitting, so basically the blouse looks "tucked in".

Any one heard/read if this is ever going to be fixed or is it another "find a work around" DAZ issue?

I tried a supposed fix but it didn't change the blouse, it morphed genesis.

Post edited by ManStan on

Comments

• SweetleafSweetleaf Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:

I tried a supposed fix but it didn't change the blouse, it morphed genesis.

...but did it fit then? lol

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Which effects genesis not the clothes. I don't want to morph genesis to get the clothes to look right, I want the autofit fixed so clothes actually look right themselves.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2012

Some portion of the problem has absolutely nothing to do, nor can it be fixed, with AutoFit.

If the item of clothing isn't modeled to account for the types of changes that it will be subject to, with Genesis, then it will always fall short.

Another part, is that AutoFit, basically is a 'shrinkwrap' modifier. It doesn't 'wrap' directly to Genesis, but to the template. Now, the problem is, if you make a template for one breast size, then everything will 'fit' it, but a different size won't fit right...it will conform to whatever the template was and not the actual figure, at least out of the box...collision/smoothing/push modifiers would help some.

Autofit and the manual transfer are best used as a tool, not the 'final solution', to get you most of the way there. Then, after it's close, tweak manually. A lot can be done with smoothing/collision/push modifiers, Rigidity groups are another possibility for tweaking, along with adjusting the weight maps.

The best fits are still going to be by using custom morphs for a particular character/figure on an individual item.

Is it fair to expect a vendor to support all the various combinations, when just one morph (using the default stepping of 1) adds over 100 (200 if negative values are allowed..and that's just using 1 'base'...BasicFemale, add Basic Child, V5, S5 and so on...then you really start getting the idea) different 'shapes' to equation? Add in more than one and the number climbs very rapidly..like exponentially.

Is it fair to expect an automatic tool to be able to do it with the finesse/detail of someone actually running the controls?

Can there be more/varied templates?

Sure...it would be nice to see something other than 'tight' for a shirt or 'knee length' for a skirt, but no template tweaking is going to 'fix' everything.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited December 1969

hello, you are in Carrara I presume
    vertex room
    soft select

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited November 2012

or better yet
    Daz studio
    send to Hexagon
    do the same
    send to Daz studio
    save morph target as pz2 with Poser format exporter

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Or better yet, just don't use genesis.

It just seems a common thing for not only apps but games, to be released screwed up, the company knows it's screwed, and they just leave it that way.

edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Or better yet, just don't use genesis.

It just seems a common thing for not only apps but games, to be released screwed up, the company knows it's screwed, and they just leave it that way.

You do realize that DAZ didn't even have to make an attempt to achieve any level of compatibility, right.

It's not that Genesis is screwed up...it's that it is new.

99% of the 'problems' come from trying to keep it compatible with what came before. They could have said, 'screw that'...and we'd have to buy ALL new EVERYTHING.

The fact that, without tweaking, it mostly works is enough to call it a smashing success. Yeah, it's not a perfect fit...but hey, it's at least as good as what you get with cheap Chinese import, mass market clothing in real life...

edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:

You do realize that DAZ didn't even have to make an attempt to achieve any level of compatibility, right.

That is a rather ludicrous statement considering the topic. The point of autofit was so all old clothes could be used, some one just didn't take in to account blouses are not spandex. So basically the models for autofit are poorly made.

mjc1016 said:
    It's not that Genesis is screwed up...it's that it is new.

Yes and I will never understand why people think new is better, it isn't, it's just new.

99% of the 'problems' come from trying to keep it compatible with what came before. They could have said, 'screw that'...and we'd have to buy ALL new EVERYTHING.

No the problem was; and still is, the genesis program wasn't finished, or even close to ready when DAZ released it. It was rushed out the door to get it out before some award was given out so DAZ could be qualified for it. Then the thing was a facebook popularity contest. And the users have been paying the price ever since.

The fact that, without tweaking, it mostly works is enough to call it a smashing success. Yeah, it's not a perfect fit...but hey, it's at least as good as what you get with cheap Chinese import, mass market clothing in real life...

If the tool wont do the job properly it is worthless.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Stan, have you ever looked to see how many clothing items fro V4 etc, meant to be used in Poser, are conformed as though they were spandex. This is not a new problem, and with the breast cleavage mofifier you get a better result than many older items, for pre genesis figures, do

edited December 1969

If the clothing item isn't supposed to fit like it's made of spandex...but does, then YES, the clothing mesh IS the problem (or at least a large part of the problem).

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

It should be possible to apply the breast cleavage modifier to Genesis, fit the blouse, dial down the modifier on Genesis, and then dial it back up in the blouse. I think the Transfer Utility also let's you pick a morphed version of Genesis to convert to. I agree that it would be helpful to have this kind of morph included in Autofit somehow, e.g. in clothing types. (Isn't there a "loose trousers" setting in there already?) There may be a market for more Autofit templates.... ;)

edited November 2012

Sorry, forgot DAZ is spelled G O D here. It's always the users fault or the content creators fault, nothing is ever DAZ's fault. I mean really why should DAZ worry about producing a quality product when there are so many so whiling to make excuses for DAZ.

"(Isn’t there a “loose trousers” setting in there already?)"

Yes, and that is what this is about, if there is a loose pants option why not a loose blouse option? Why not? See above excuses so readily furnished. DAZ by habit wont fix anything there is a work around for. I ask why there is no loose blouse option and I get a step by step work around. What this means is DAZ is not motivated to even work on a loose blouse option. Why should they when people will so readily hand DAZ an excuse on a silver platter.