Genesis 2 Iray Render Issue

I have two Genesis 2 characters that have Iray mats (Destiny & Tressie). When trying to render either one in Iray with the Iray mats, I get white lower legs.  Can anyone tell me why this is?  In the same background, with a Genesis 3, this doesn't happen.  It also doesn't happen with the non-Iray mats.  See attachment for an example.  I am using Iray Studio lights with default Iray render settings.

000000000000.png
684 x 694 - 623K

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

It looks like you may have a high intensity light (spot?) In that general area? That'smy only guess as to what might be happening.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989

Also, check if you have a camera with headlamp on aiming at the leg area. The cameras automatically give light if no other light sources, like spotlights, are in the scene.

• It only does this with Genesis 2 characters.  Genesis 3 renders fine?

• bryanll1 said:

It only does this with Genesis 2 characters.  Genesis 3 renders fine?

It looks like a skin for Genesis 3 has been applied to a Genesis 2 character.

• bryanll1 said:

It only does this with Genesis 2 characters.  Genesis 3 renders fine?

It looks like a skin for Genesis 3 has been applied to a Genesis 2 character.

This happens with "straight out of the box" G2's, no morphs or mods.  I only threw the dress on the example for the G rating.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Is this with default lighting? I've never seen this.

If the lights are default, flip the model upside down to see if her legs are still that way, or if her head gets that way.

• It still does it with the figure upside down.  Default settings, any Iray light set.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    bryanll1 said:

It still does it with the figure upside down.  Default settings, any Iray light set.

Still just the legs?

Can you post a screenshot of the surface settings for the legs (break it into two parts...the key parts are the upper half with the base and translucency settings and then the 'Volume' group...transmitted color/SSS/etc).

• mjc1016 said:
    bryanll1 said:

It still does it with the figure upside down.  Default settings, any Iray light set.

Still just the legs?

Can you post a screenshot of the surface settings for the legs (break it into two parts...the key parts are the upper half with the base and translucency settings and then the 'Volume' group...transmitted color/SSS/etc).

When upside down, the head is lighter.  I should have been more clear.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    bryanll1 said:
    mjc1016 said:
    bryanll1 said:

Still just the legs?

When upside down, the head is lighter.  I should have been more clear.

Try loading in a Genesis 1 or Genesis 3 figure right next to her (like side by side with the legs touching) and see what that does. 

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Its got to be a light then. Maybe it isn't showing up on the list, but its still there. Weirder things have happened.

Close Daz and restart it. Do not load anything other than the figure and test. No environment. No Iray Studio Lights. Just a figure alone.

• Its got to be a light then. Maybe it isn't showing up on the list, but its still there. Weirder things have happened.

Close Daz and restart it. Do not load anything other than the figure and test. No environment. No Iray Studio Lights. Just a figure alone.

and make sure you turn off the headlight

• It's most likely a hidden light, have you made sure to turn on hidden nodes?

Show Nodes.jpg
    480 x 448 - 89K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Sound like reflective levels are to high on the skin presets.