Cuddly bear loses his fur

I am trying to produce some animated sequences of a bear cub moving about. So that he looks less like a dog and more like a cuddly bear I purchased' Look At My Hair'. It looks really good for stills. When I animate between poses the green guidelines follow the action perfectly but when I go to render, the fur stays stuck on the final frame. Any suggestions?

Bear Standing.jpg
787 x 437 - 69K

Comments

• Only thing I have been able to do with curves hair is render one frame at a time and do a looping animation I postwork in a video compositor into a a scene.

Kendell claimed in one post animation is possible for a short sequence but I have never had such luck.

(and due to his sigline not looking up and quoting him either!!!)

That may be a hardware issue too so not questioning.

what I do and its very resource heavy, is convert to obj

Save the obj first (it mostly autosaves in a LAMH geometry folder but I try to be safe and back up)and close studio before reopening with a fresh load of the animal and imported mesh, use the created texture of tiny rows of dots in the LAMH geometry folder too.

Then attach to base zeroed animal with the transfer utility using the lowest slider setting on the use near vertices.

While working blind in bounding box to avoid crashing  and saving as support asset wardrobe.

Studio loves crashing to desktop at any point doing this!!

its a very high poly mesh and previewing animation impossibe (hide it to set your poses, puppeteer or aniblocks etc) make it visible only for render which can be in any engine, I myself use Octane, bear in mind ( no pun intended) GPU renders like iray and Octane are limited by what will fit on your card and its a big geometry footprint so need a light scene, 3Delight is actually ok with it too as not transmapped.

• One video of many
  • The first part is Octane then iray, the third an iClone render of an FBX export, the mangey looking one in the field of flowers is Carrara with Carrara fur so disregard that one!
  • Well thanks for that - you have achieved exactly what I am after. If I am exporting as a png seq ( to put into after effects) then that isnt that rendering one frame at a time anyway? My problem is gettiong the fur to stick to the animal as it moves

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited September 2016

it will sync but not rendering

when I said render one frame at a time I litererally meant that, hit render each frame save the file and then advance it!

as automated animated rendering will not work.

My ani uses rigged obj fur exported from LAMH not curves.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989
    edited September 2016

I haven't tried animating LAMH fur, but as it is its own figure, so to speak, maybe it needs its own animation? (Sorry, animation noob here.)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • OK, so we cannot use LAMH with  animation created between poses, and each frame has to be rendered individually.  Is there any way to animate my figure  without LAMH and then go back frame by frame and add it?