Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

1181920212224»

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,579

A lot of those items have been sort of hanging round for a while. Actual new items are few in number and maybe not that interesting. The mosquito is cute, though.

• Yeah, the freebies tend to be cyclical. There are some golden oldies once in a while, especially if you still use G3 a lot. 

---

The page https://www.daz3d.com/the-bell-ringers-lair still exists, although it isn't on the carousel, so FREE-B-FRENZY coupon MAY still be valid. (I can't test since I used it.) There are some older hairs in the selection which are almost always worth getting. If the code does still work, I think today would be the last day since it was from Monday.

• New Biweekly-ish freebies (eligible for February & March Freebie Challenges)

G9: Kin character/poses/hair; Angie Cuffed Jeans outfit

G2: Cozy Fashion for Day at the Mall Outfit textures; BWC Olympia 6 Laying poses; 

G1: Wicked Teen Accessories (beanie, cap, shoes, headphones); MoveS for Hitomi poses; Tribal Shaman (textures for Tribal Spellcaster outfit)*

Gen 4: Sci Fi Bladed Weapons

Gen 3: Northern Guard for Wild Hunt M3 (textures)

Animals^: Panthers, Pronghorn Antelope

Other: Nana's Clothing Pack 1 The Basics**; Paris Hair Revisited***; Cookie Mixies Fashion Pants**

*for D/S although it's not mentioned in software

**these are for old Poser chibi characters

***base hair not in Daz store

^these are old Poser animals but should work in D/S

My take: Not much this round. I will likely pick up the Sci Fi Weapons.

• Sorry, I am a bit behind. Last February freebie set, usable for March freebie contest. I found a couple things I thought I'd picked up years ago, but didn't. 

Note: Several of these models don't list Daz Studio as compatible software, even though they clearly are (included Daz material presets, D/S rendered promos, &/or text or is G1+).  

G9: Kin character/hair/poses & Angie dForce Cuffed Jeans 

G2: Tavern Dining Hall poses M/F

G1: Power Office poses G1/V5

Generation 4: Morgan for V4 character

Generation 3: Strike Ponytail V3; M3.0 Universal Textures

Environments & Props: The Garbage Pile; Yard & Garden: Round Shovels; Gothika Mirror; ArcLance Rail Gun Turret

Creature: Hydra

Other: Toxic Nordic (V4/G1/G2F Nordic Hair textures); SubDragon Hair

• (Guess I was more behind than I thought on listing these LOL) They are usable for March & April freebie contest.

My take: Nothing interests me except - more dinos! On the fence about the G2F poses. I have the RSSY converters to use with G3 & G8, but most are photoshoot and "cheesecake" type poses, which I have little use for.

G9: dForce Angie Cuffed Jeans; Kin hair/character/poses

G1: Recess outfit,  Bow Dress & Boots textures, Anime Dress

G2: i13 Captivating (G2F/V6 poses)

Gen 4: Raysee Doll(Aiko4 character)***, Sisters of the Asylum (V4 face & clothing textures)

Gen. 3: AVR (Aiko3 headgear)***

Prehistoric Animals: ElasmotheriumDR***, Gallimimus***

Other: A Bright Loft Lights*, Shaders Revisited - Metallic Jewelry Shaders for DS**, Carrara Surface & Skin Shaders

*Product says compatible with DS4.22 but I'm not sure how well it will work in Iray, since it's old; requires A Bright Loft environment

**Not Iray. 3DLight?

***should work in DS as well as Poser

• Since Kin G9 & some of their poses & clothes are now Biweekly Freebie Perennials, I decided to flag this for G9 fans.These 4 freebies appear in two G9 bundles & actually make up significant parts of them:

https://www.daz3d.com/kins-fun-in-the-sun-for-genesis-9-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/kin-and-prisma-mega-bundle

They are 4 of the 6 in Kin's Fun in the Sun & 4 of 11 in the Kin & Prisma. 

So in most cases you'd save money buying the 6 Fun in the Sun items separately &/or the https://www.daz3d.com/Prisma-wild-and-free-for-genesis-9-bundle. Exceptions would be promos like "Buy New Stuff to get free bundle/s" or some coupon codes - but those selections seldom if ever include G9 bundles.

• edited March 26

Last (I think) March freebie set - usable for March & April challenges. Not much this time, alas, unless you need more melee weapons.

G9: Kin character/hair/poses; Angie Cuffed dForce Jeans outfit

G2: Jessica Sexy Dress Textures

G1: Harlequin (Dark Embrace outfit texture); David 5 Fashion poses; Rave Girl outfit (Aiko 5)

Generation 4: Violet Hair revisited*

Generation 3: Mutant Hair

Other Figures: Mixies Baseball Tee; Subdragon textures

Environments, Props, etc.: Advanced Spotlight**; Simulator & Cockpit; Armory Vol. 2***; Technophilia Arcane - DistoConflagulator

*requires Violet Hair for V4 &/or Star!

**released 10/23/2013

***includes both props and V4 & M4 smart props

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on

I was happy to see the subdragon items. I didn't already have them and I do still use the subdragon.

• Torquinox said:

I was happy to see the subdragon items. I didn't already have them and I do still use the subdragon.

That's great! There's some older items I still use, too. Come to think of it, I might have the Subdragon too. I need to check! I am trying to use my older items more.

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Torquinox said:

That's great! There's some older items I still use, too. Come to think of it, I might have the Subdragon too. I need to check! I am trying to use my older items more.

You probably have it, too. Some old items are still cool and fun! I have some of the dariofish/hfs add-ons from Rendo. I ended up painting into the textures a bit and they really perked up the old subdragon. I think it still looks good and can be pushed further. "Old, not obsolete!" laugh That said... https://www.daz3d.com/hh-wyvern looks outstanding. Hope it doesn't take too long to render. surprise

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295
    edited March 27

Those G9 Kin character/hair/poses and cuffed jeans outfit have been offered as part of the bi weekly freebies about a dozen times now, would be nice to have some new G9 freebies.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • Faeryl Womyn said:

Those G9 Kin character/hair/poses and cuffed jeans outfit have been offered as part of the bi weekly freebies about a dozen times now, would be nice to have some new G9 freebies.

I am surprised we have any G9 in the freebies. It has been a while since we've had any G3 items. In the past, Daz would sometimes offer older Starter bundles, too. Usually G2 but sometimes G3. The last time that happened was nearly a year ago.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Did the freebies move, or are they hiding? Where did they go??! surprise

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650

Roman_K2 said:

Did the freebies move, or are they hiding? Where did they go??! surprise

They hid it with the Star Trek Fanart banner. I have the page bookmarked: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Scroll down to the  bottom of the page  to the far right it says DAZ Store and below that it says " Shop ,DAZ+ ,Freebies ,then Published Artists ,click on Freebies and it takes you to the freebie page

• edited April 7

April biweekly freebie set 1. Usable for April & May challenges. Aiko 3 fans - there is a pose set for her

Question: why-Why-WHY do so many of these items not list D/S in Compatible Software when it's obvious they are because there are "Daz Studio render" promos? See the Hair Care props for example. (I love that the bottles and tools in the set are all branded Vida Dazsoon.)

G9: Kin items & Angie jeans. Again.

G2: Scrappy Party Dress textures

G1: Darkest Nights (lingerie); 

Gen 4: Di Moda (textures for Tres Chic outfit); Moments for V4 Basicwear; Ever After for Lara outfit

Gen 3: Aikiyu Warrior Poses for Aiko 3

Environments/Props: The Clan Warpack (G2M); Hair Care Products*; SFCS Sci-fi Construction Set*

Other: Fickle for Ninja Sprite (standalone figure); Clay's Tree Presets (Bryce); Luminous Melody Hair expansion (base hair is in store)

*will work in D/S

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited April 6

The Luminous Melody hair expansion is for this: https://www.daz3d.com/melody-hair. I don't know why it's so hard to just show the required product.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • zombietaggerung said:

The Luminous Melody hair expansion is for this: https://www.daz3d.com/melody-hair. I don't know why it's so hard to just show the required product.

I don't get it either. It's a mystery. Just like why Melody Hair didn't show up when I searched for -- wait for it -- Melody Hair.

I will edit my post.

• More April Biweekly-ish freebies. Good for April/May freebie contest. 

G9: Kin character/hair/poses; Angie dForce Jeans set

G2: Casual Denim Xtra (textures);

G1: Wicked Party Time textures

Generation 4: Pigalle (textures for V4 Paris outfit);

Generation 3: BioHazard for BioSeige (Aiko 3, V3 textures)

Environments, Props, etc.: Yard & Garden - Pick & Sledgehammer; Dance Academy*^; Sci-fi Heavy Weapons (with V4/M4 poses)*; Smartphone & Tablet*; Garden Escape Porch*; RDNA Atmospherics - Rain Vol. 2**

Other Figures: Hair Pack 1 for Nana; The Girl Poses

*will work in DS

**may be Poser only; no DS materials or presets

^includes both textures & geometry

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

Hylas said:

Ok, I figured it out. It's the Normal maps that are messed up somehow. Disable Normals and the problem disappears.

That being said, there's a whole bunch of other little mistakes that I found in that skin while investigating. Some - but not all - surfaces have the diffuse map applied to the Transulency channel even though this skin has dedicated SSS maps; sometimes the Specular map is applied to the Glossy Layered Weight channel and other times to the Glossy Color channel... that kind of stuff. Even some faintly visible seams that appear to be baked into the maps. Kind of sloppy frown

Does it include both DirectX and OpenGL normals? It's possible that the wrong kind of normals got applied (or were included).