Limited Time Freebies Discussion Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

Kerya said:

No freebies ... just because you said you like to look at cute things like Star ...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6571046/#Comment_6571046

I picked up Star 2 for Genesis a while back...I think it was free.  I've been told that clothing for original Star works on Star 2.  I have an outfit on my site, plus free boots that match the outfit.

Dana

• Kerya said:

No freebies ... just because you said you like to look at cute things like Star ...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6571046/#Comment_6571046

Thank you! That is beautiful. Maybe I should grab Star 2 or one of those unicorns next time they are free/low cost. I can make them into an anime poster on the wall in one of my more usual renders! 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Thank you DAZ for the freebies yesterday and today, very generous!

What did everyone get?

I got Modern Beach Hut (I've been looking for a beach gazebo!) and Police Locker Room (replacing a less sophisticated freebie set I've been using).

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269

What freebies today?

Faeryl Womyn said:

What freebies today?

Screenshot 2021-04-24 191732.jpg
    1297 x 498 - 169K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269

Oh I thought it was for only one day...thanks

Faeryl Womyn said:

Oh I thought it was for only one day...thanks

There was a code yesterday and a new one today!

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762

Hylas said:

Thank you DAZ for the freebies yesterday and today, very generous!

What did everyone get?

I got Modern Beach Hut (I've been looking for a beach gazebo!) and Police Locker Room (replacing a less sophisticated freebie set I've been using).

We all love FREEBIES and it's great when Daz sales team surprises us with a couple of unexpected coupons!

Yesterday, I picked-up Urban Backstreet for my Freebie, and today, I got Jacuzzi Room.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,512

Thanks for the freebies, Daz. :)

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Yes, thanks for the freebies! I got some expressions that I was definitely going to buy, so that saved me $. 

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited April 2021

Two DinoRaul Dinosaurs. Thanks, DAZ!!!

(EDIT: Make that three! What a weekend!)

Post edited by Sempie on
  • ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Well thats a Spring surprise,...Thank U Daz!  I got Dandelion Hair and Millennium Horse 

Added Polynesian Tropic Hangout to my library. Thank you DAZ!

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184
    edited April 2021

Thank U Daz! ..... I got a meow Millennium Big Cat. - heading straight to SBH

Post edited by ShadowBox24 on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,135
    edited April 2021

Although a little late: Thanks a lot  DAZ for the 2 freebees! Got  me some eyes  and a bikini both for G2F. Really made my day(s)! :-)

Post edited by mding on
  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

Looks like it's going to be tri-weekly, or maybe monthly, freebies this time. Again!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

It looks like the "Weekly Freebies" which have been biweekly are turnining into triweekly or monthly freebies. It's been over three weeks since they have changed.

I used to look forward to these... bummer.

• Hylas said:

I used to look forward to these... bummer.

same. It's starting to look like DAZ is phasing these freebies out in favor of more flash sales and their Season Pass (which includes freebies for those that have it) 

edited June 2021

It is now 4 weeks since the "weekly" freebies have changed !  https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited June 2021

Either they have a different definition of weekly based on the rotation speed of some distant planet, or they've phased out the weekly freebie and aren't bothering to remove the "weekly" from the ads...

More likely the later, but I'm not ruling out alien influences... lately virtually ever store or company which used to have give-away items or free shipping has tossed that, so I'm guessing DAZ has done the same.

All the cool kids are doing it so why not?

Besides, I blame us for not buying all those cool NFTs DAZ has been offering... you know, it costs money (and glaciers) to mint them and that money doesn't grow on trees... well, actually money is made in part out of paper and various synthetic and natural fibers so technically, to some degree money does grow on trees, and there is a species of tree called a money tree, which I don't think is relevant because it's leaves look nothing like money nor can they be used as legal tender, but the point is we dropped the ball by not buying tons of NFTs and now DAZ had to stop the Freebie program and now we'll have to rely on ShareCG or Renderosity for freebies... which technically isn't so bad... some of the stuff is pretty good... 

Hmm...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,303

Unless you are a big fan of toon unicorns, the freebie section has been pretty dead for months now.

• edited June 2021

Havos said:

Unless you are a big fan of toon unicorns, the freebie section has been pretty dead for months now.

And big fans of toon unicorn who don't have a big budget are still out of luck. Those (and most of the other toon freebies) are add-ons and have you checked the price of the required unicorn products? Right now on a 50% off sale they are $7.50 - 11.50.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003

Or more accurately a fan of vintage toon Unicorns... aren't those required unicorns pretty old now?

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited June 2021

The unicorn makes a pretty good vintage 60's style deer, using the Bits and Bobs add-on (for the deer tail) with the Legendary: Deer texture.

I played around with it for that purpose a few years back. 

Happy_Holidays_2018.png
    640 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by mmalbert on
  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

Yes, those unicorns are old, they were ancient when Atantis was still above the water.

And as far as prices, these current ones are terrible. It's not like they have to manufactured or anything. They are just electronic files, so have no overhead except the cost of the electricty to run the servers. Hell, I can buy real items for what these cost. Not every one is rich. And wages should be next to nil, particularly if they are based on actual performance (and as far as I'm concerned, no updates for over a month is pretty damn bad). If they aren't going to continue the freebies then the item should be removed from the main page, again a massive fail for who evers job it is.

My two cents. And by the way most of my shopping has been at the other sites for just this reason.

Five weeks and counting since the "Weekly" freebies have changed !

Freebies are dead. RIP freebies.
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

certaintree38 said:

honestly, imho they've been dead for quite a while... or like reanimated corpses that had been buried for eons - but i know, many people still don't agree *shrug* 

manekiNeko said:

certaintree38 said:

honestly, imho they've been dead for quite a while... or like reanimated corpses that had been buried for eons - but i know, many people still don't agree *shrug* 

They had the Kalea 7 starter bundle available in late January, but that was the last good thing.