Cats?

Maybe there's little market for it but I'd love an updated set of cat models. Anyone else feel like there could be some great cat work done?

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

Peope have been begging for updated cat and dog models for the last few years. There are fairly well-supported rumors of AM doing a new cat and s new dog with LAMH fur. And Hivewire is definitely in the process of doing their version of a new cat and dog. With WiP shots on display in threads in their forums. 

No ETA on either, although the Hivewire house cat is probably going to get its inital release before the end of the year. (With additional morphs -- like a kitten morph -- and textures to be released later.)

• Hey, thanks! I'll take a look! :)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,993

If you're interested in a lengthy thread about the topic held recently... it has a few more pieces of information: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/102561/its-time-for-new-cat-and-dog-models#latest

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

There definitely needs to be some new animal models. The tech is better now and most of the older models really show their age. Personally, I'd like to see a new posable, morphable, bird with realistic looking feathers. Also new dog and cat with realistic fur. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

I've actually been considering some purchases at Hivewire. They don't have a lot I'm interested in, but they have a surprisingly robust selection of birds.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

I've actually been considering some purchases at Hivewire. They don't have a lot I'm interested in, but they have a surprisingly robust selection of birds.

One bird is all I have bought so far from there. They do have some nice animals, even though I am uninterested in their human collection.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,066

Ken's birds are great, and you should definitely check Lisa's Botanicals too if you like plants. Both product lines used to be sold at DAZ before their vendor became founding members of Hivewire.

edited September 2016

Ohhh I've never bought from them but if they have a good bird or two I'll definitely check them out. :) Thanks, Will! 

Edit - Whoa! They have lots of birds! And the Corvus pack looks like it's perfect for what I've been needing! Awesome! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

It's weird, because it's like 6 great packs of birds, and ... maybe a handful of other animals. Heh.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

But be warned,  for any of Ken's birds species to work you do need to have the Original song bird  (which is of course sold here)    Ken's are all variations from that one original bird

Chohole said:

But be warned,  for any of Ken's birds species to work you do need to have the Original song bird  (which is of course sold here)    Ken's are all variations from that one original bird

Thank you for the heads up! I was about to buy from there but didn't know that I had to have an additional item from here. The product description doesn't make that clear at all. Is it this one that's needed: http://www.daz3d.com/songbird ?

edited September 2016
    Chohole said:

No, they're standalone now, they were updated/redone when Ken moved to HW.

edit: link to the Songbird Remix FAQ: http://www.empken.com/wiki/index.php5?title=FAQ:_Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_do_I_need_to_upgrade_or_get_to_use_Songbird_Remix_or_the_add-on_packages.3F

Post edited by Leana on
    Leana said:
    Chohole said:

Ah cool! I was wondering why they didn't make it clear in the description that an additional product was needed. I'm glad that it's not. Although I think I'll pick up the Daz songbird too, as it's a PC+ item and it looks really cute! :D

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Ah   OK     I wasn't aware of that.

Leana said:
    Chohole said:

Ah cool! I was wondering why they didn't make it clear in the description that an additional product was needed. I'm glad that it's not. Although I think I'll pick up the Daz songbird too, as it's a PC+ item and it looks really cute! :D

Yes, the original songbird is still pretty nice and definitely worth the PC price IMO.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited September 2016

That a handy link I bookmarked, the buggers never worked well in Carrara, my solution in earlier versions with the Poser ones was to turn off limits and rescale then save as Carrara files but I must try saving them from D|S as a duf  importing them into 8.5 for 8.1 or maybe get them updated in my Hivewire account.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,322
    edited September 2016
    Chohole said:

See this was addressed already

Post edited by scorpio on
  • eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited September 2016

Actually, I never bought the songbird from Daz and Ken's models work splendidly for me; you just need to check each product carefully for requirements (I seem to remember some are morphs and textures for base models, like a hawk requiring a songbird bird of prey base) and remember that he uses Poser's directory structure, but the readmes are really good and he includes a lot of detail about the real birds that you can use to give more depth to your scene. Sadly, he doesn't include Iray materials, but, so far, that's my only con.

Edit: The newest comments didn't load, sorry about the unnecessary reiteration.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • A few of the pa's selling at hive wire used to sell here and make excellent content. Ken and Lisa produce nice nature models. I do find Kens content can be a bit challenging to install and get running because it has a lot of requirements for various things -interdependencies? Nevertheless nice work.

I'd happily buy bird models here, and I have a number of the Noggin stuff. But the content here is a bit long in the too... beak.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

I'd happily buy bird models here, and I have a number of the Noggin stuff. But the content here is a bit long in the too... beak.

That is true for a lot of the DAZ animals. AM has new versions for some of the wild animals, but a lot of basic farm/domestic animals, there is nothing less than 10 years in age, lets hope that will change soon.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I have the Songbirds and some aspects are sort of broken in DAZ Studio 4.9

Havos: Yeah, I'm really excited about that. ;)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    ToeJam said:

That a handy link I bookmarked, the buggers never worked well in Carrara, my solution in earlier versions with the Poser ones was to turn off limits and rescale then save as Carrara files but I must try saving them from D|S as a duf  importing them into 8.5 for 8.1 or maybe get them updated in my Hivewire account.

This is the only problem I've had in Carrara Wendy..

When loaded ( here is the rock dove ) the rump is squished down..

The problem is in the rThigh & lThigh sizing..

Select the Motion Tab then select one thigh at a time and change the value in the scaling field from 75.00 to 100.00
    do same for both thighs and problem will be fixed.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Chohole said:

Ah   OK     I wasn't aware of that.

Okay, this is not a joke, it's admiration:

Chohole, this is the first time I can remember you being wrong about something here in the forums.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    Leana said:

Ken's birds are great, and you should definitely check Lisa's Botanicals too if you like plants. Both product lines used to be sold at DAZ before their vendor became founding members of Hivewire.

..I have most of LisaB's plants, a good number which I got during the PC sale before she left

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    Chohole said:

...I had the Songbird, once. Got it with the old 3D Bridge Starter Pack which became the 3D Starter Pack - SciFi.  Sadly with the change, the Songbird, as well as Toonimal Puppy and Toonimal Kitty were dropped from it.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    Uthgard said:

Actually, I never bought the songbird from Daz and Ken's models work splendidly for me; you just need to check each product carefully for requirements (I seem to remember some are morphs and textures for base models, like a hawk requiring a songbird bird of prey base) and remember that he uses Poser's directory structure, but the readmes are really good and he includes a lot of detail about the real birds that you can use to give more depth to your scene. Sadly, he doesn't include Iray materials, but, so far, that's my only con.

Edit: The newest comments didn't load, sorry about the unnecessary reiteration.

Ken has recently started to try and include Iray mats and I believe his latest sets released at Hivewire include Iray materials. In fact, just checked to be absolutely certain and they do include Iray.

For the original poster the house cat is now available at Hivewire...it's lots of fun to play with and I believe some LAMH hair is in the works for it.

Kitty meets little kitty.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M