Sharing Body Parts Across the Generations (eyes and nails)

An idle thought passed by, so I thought I'd ask in case it might spare me some self testing...

What kinds of body part packs can be used across the different generations?

i'm talking things like eye sets & nail sets.

I remember having issues with Genesis eyes with G2F because they changed the surfaces...but I have a vague notion that v4 used the same set up as G2f? does G3F?

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Eyes usually share, if only the textures not the presets that apply them.

I do a quick image and post it.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2016

My example shows G2F eye textures on G3F.

Under surfaces tab: 'One' shows the Template to select (Template 7).

Deselect the Cornea (shown in 'Two')

Shown in the image, Base Color, Translucency Color and Base Bump; replace these with what you want to change to. Other figures may have more than those three image-sections to swap, but I don't recall ever seeing it.

Try any, they'll either work, or not. :)

eyes.jpg
    2630 x 1440 - 463K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It depends entirely on the UV mapping.

• Aiijuin GraphicsAiijuin Graphics Posts: 171
    edited September 2016

I usually go in and manually change things around from V4 to Genesis to Genesis 2.  (Gen 3 excluded -- nothing shares easily on that model, including poses).

Sometimes I have to adjust the UV map setting for specific parts - Hiro 5 to Victoria 4, depending on what I'm changing around.  Of course, I might own the UV transfer maps for each (I never knew what I was actually buying when I first started buying 3D content here on DAZ a year ago).

Post edited by Aiijuin Graphics on
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

I hate I never specify when I'm asking about presets. One of these das I'll remember to do that :(

I know the maps can go across, but often what they slot into is weird.