Hand Knits Shader Presets and Merchant Resource [Commercial] - in store now

2»

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Thank you for that, Canary3d - I still use 3Delight quite often as I have an old-ish PC with rather slow Iray rendering. It's great to be given a choice.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900

Updated Yarnhills, now that I know what the weird instancing bug is. (in 3DL, if your instanced object is High resolution, it and its instances don't cast shadows. ... weird)

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Yarnhills2-635223774

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173
    edited September 2016

I gave my old trouble report a little poke, Will - I'll see if it gets any response.

Meanwhile here's my first attempt at a landscape - I call it Spotty Dog.

Spotty-Dog.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 452K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

In 3DL, I'm finding I like to tweak displacement to 0 min/+2 max, give it more tooth in the scene. At least for larger surfaces.

Latest. Another 3DL. ;) This time I followed advice of using the actual colors rather than using channel colors.

(Minor postwork for tone and then a little vibrance)

Yarn Heroes.png
    1748 x 1080 - 5M
  • I would have had this uploaded sooner, but, after a really long render time, I noticed the ear on one of the Plushies was cutting into the shelf and had to fix that.  I had fun with this.  I think I'll have to do another image with just Sickleyield's Ball Joint Doll because you can't really see the knits on her all that well since I shrunk her down so much, but she looks really good in knits!  :)  Post done in GIMP with NIK Effects.

And another...

(3DL, again. Not sure I did the skin well, but hey)

KnitWitch.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • And another...

(3DL, again. Not sure I did the skin well, but hey)

Will,that's a great render but the more I look at it, the more creeped out I get. What's up with the skeleton and half man? Is the cat alive? What's with the old lady's grin?  I love the yarn balls by the way.

Hee!

I find, in 3DL, that I prefer displacement at 100%, -.1 to +.1. I might have gone a little higher with the yarn balls. Which are, as you probably guess, just simple spheres.