Genesis 3 - Which file references to the JCMs

I just went through a lot of Genesis 3 files like Genesis3Female.dsf and Genesis 3 Female.duf. I found a lot of valuable information about the structure of G3, but I still miss the reference between the joints and the JCMs. In general: Where are the hierarchy and dependencies stored that can be seen in the parameter tab?

Comments

• The details of the ERC links are stored in the morph file, or in one of the morph files when it's a link between two morphs. Those are in the \Morphs subfolder of the figure's folder in the Data folder.

• Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I'm still a bit confused, how this all works together.

When I look at My Library > data > DAZ 3D > Genesis 3 > Female, I find the subdirectories
    - Morphs (contains DAZ 3D with subdirectories, e.g. Base/Base Correctives, but also morphs for Olympia 7 and Victoria 7. I didn't expect theses there)
    - Projection Morphs (for Olympia 7 and Victoria 7. What are porjection morphs for?)

I also find the file Genesis3Female.dsf there.

It's very confusing for me, how this all fits together and how Daz Studio knows, where to look for these files. Is Genesis 3 Female.duf the starting point for this (located in My Library > People > Genesis 3 Female). At least I found a reference in the "scene:nodes" to this file to Genesis3Female.dsf. So I have to go through all the files to find out, how they are connected and the load order. Am I on the right track?

Thanks for answering all this questions in advance :)

• The data > DAZ 3D > Genesis 3 > Female > Genesis3Female.dsf file is the figure definition, with the geometry, rigging and so on. Ther UVs, morphs (which includes any parameters other than the basic transforms), projection morphs (used in place of the matching moprh-morph when projecting into clothing, so you can have a smoothed version of ths shape which won't suck the clothing into every crevice), clones shapes (for AutoFit), and templates (alternative rigs for creating/converting clothes that can give handles etc.0. All of those items are automatically found and read in when the figure is loaded.

• Thanks a lot. So Daz Studio knows where to search for the morphs and the other stuff that is not referenced in the files. Very helpful information. Thanks a lot!

• Does PHMMouthRealismHD.dhdm contain the HD morph? It cannot be unzipped by 7Zip, so I assume this has a different format.

• Yes, HD morphs are in dhdm (Daz HD Moprh I guess) files and are not human-readable.