Pegasus modeller

Anyone any views on how well this works. I assume it works with Genesis 3 from the screenshots.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,852

I am thinking of getting it but do not have time to shop right now as I really got to go.  Tonight I will try to play with it along with other stuff I want to do.

• I've been using Pegasus since version 1. Just upgraded to version 3 a few months ago, so kinda suprised to see version 4 show up today. It will work with Generation all generations of Daz Figures. Some starter meshes are included. Please be sure to read the product page and watch the included video tutorial.

• BeaBea Posts: 745

I had Pegasus 2 and then bought Pegasus Modeler 3.0 Upgrade (this works with the Pegasus 2 key)

does anyone know will the Pegasus Modeler 4.0 Upgrade from 3.0 work if it is the Pegasus Modeler 3.0 Upgrade that you own?

• Has someone else the username only and no key on the serial numbers site? sad

• I have no username just the key, so unable to open it.

• BeaBea Posts: 745

Are you sure the key isn't in your account here?

• SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
    edited September 2016

I see the key number in the "serial numbers" menu in my Daz account.

But I don't understand what I have to do for the registration.

It keeps saying that it's not valid, when I try to put my name, my real name, my mail, my artist name. How to find what Pegasus is expecting?

"The name/key you entered does not appear to be valid. Please try again."

Post edited by SkatingJesus on
  • beowolfbeowolf Posts: 19
    edited September 2016
    Bea said:

There is only a serial number key, anything entered in the username field is ignored, so it comes up with an error!

Looking at an older version serial number (userkeyname****) is missing.

Post edited by beowolf on
  • So, for those who have used it, what exactly does Pegasus Modeler do?  And, I realized it says for Poser .cr2, but if one models something and ends up with a .cr2 file can that file then be used in DS and converted?  I'm off to do YouTube research until someone answers here.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,462
    edited September 2016
    beowolf said:
    Bea said:

There is only a serial number key, anything entered in the username field is ignored, so it comes up with an error!

I don't have Pegasus ; But, if it is like his Clothes Converter, the name to use as the User Name is provided as the first part of what DAZ shows as the serial number seperated by a space (or/) and then the remainder is the actual serial number.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Fogot to add:  Anyone have any pictures of any clothing that you've actually made in Pegasus! Yes, I figured what it makes.  Still figuring out all of the how.

• beowolf said:

I have no username just the key, so unable to open it.

Look at your Serial #s in your account; The first part, which says something like "userkeynameXXX", is your userkeyname. Type that exactly as it is shown with no spaces. The rest is your serial number.

• beowolf said:

Look at your Serial #s in your account; The first part, which says something like "userkeynameXXX", is your userkeyname. Type that exactly as it is shown with no spaces. The rest is your serial number.

In the Serial Numbers page, the key number shown got 9 * 6 characters, the first serie of 6 starts with 00000 and a letter.

Is it this?

• beowolf said:

userkeynameXXX is missing there is just a serial number.....

• beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

• So, for those who have used it, what exactly does Pegasus Modeler do?  And, I realized it says for Poser .cr2, but if one models something and ends up with a .cr2 file can that file then be used in DS and converted?  I'm off to do YouTube research until someone answers here.

It doesn't say anything about a .cr2, it just says that it works natively at the same scale as Poser. The program uses .obj import/export, as is stated in the product description. This is Modeling Software geared especially toward creating clothing items for Poser AND Daz, as well as any other program which can import/export an .obj file. No rigging is done in Pegasus. It's like Hexagon and Silo, but is streamlined more for making clothing items and morphs. It does not do rigging.

• beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

Is there a single empty space somewhere in that long serial #?

• SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66
    edited September 2016
    beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

No, just a long series of 9*6 numbers.

When I bought Filter Forge, before the serial number, I had "DAZ3D-customer-Windows-XX" before that, that I had to delete, and it worked fine.

This time, only a serial number. Every 6numbers series is separated by a "-"

Post edited by SkatingJesus on
  • Bea said:

I had Pegasus 2 and then bought Pegasus Modeler 3.0 Upgrade (this works with the Pegasus 2 key)

does anyone know will the Pegasus Modeler 4.0 Upgrade from 3.0 work if it is the Pegasus Modeler 3.0 Upgrade that you own?

I upgraded from 1 to 2, then from 2 to 3. Only had to buy the upgrade each time.

• beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

When I bought Filter Forge, before the serial number, I had "DAZ3D-customer-Windows-XX" before that, that I had to delete, and it worked fine.

That's odd. Have you tried just typing userkeyname or username in that field? 

It doesn't say anything about a .cr2, it just says that it works natively at the same scale as Poser. The program uses .obj import/export, as is stated in the product description. This is Modeling Software geared especially toward creating clothing items for Poser AND Daz, as well as any other program which can import/export an .obj file. No rigging is done in Pegasus. It's like Hexagon and Silo, but is streamlined more for making clothing items and morphs. It does not do rigging.

Ah, I think I must have just assumed since it said Poser.  I actually missed the part where it says DAZ Studio in this version.  Must have skimmed over it.  I'm had previous versions of Pegasus wishlisted, but never got it because seemed to be Poser only.  So, clothing or morphs I make in Pegasus can be used easily in DS by importing the .obj?  I've problems with morphs lately in other programs with Genesis 3 so I would love to see any morphs anyone has made with this, clothing, too.  Can you also state if you ran into any problems using the Morph Loader in DS with the resulting .obj from Pegasus?

Ah, I think I must have just assumed since it said Poser.  I actually missed the part where it says DAZ Studio in this version.  Must have skimmed over it.  I'm had previous versions of Pegasus wishlisted, but never got it because seemed to be Poser only.  So, clothing or morphs I make in Pegasus can be used easily in DS by importing the .obj?  I've problems with morphs lately in other programs with Genesis 3 so I would love to see any morphs anyone has made with this, clothing, too.  Can you also state if you ran into any problems using the Morph Loader in DS with the resulting .obj from Pegasus?

I've had no problems with the import/export. I find that for complex clothing items, Pegasus is a lot less glitchy than Hexagon. Haven't upgraded to 4.0 yet, but the included (or linked) video tutorials are outstanding and easy to follow.

• MargyThunderstormMargyThunderstorm Posts: 52
    edited September 2016

I have the userkeynameXX only and no serial. surprise

Post edited by MargyThunderstorm on
  • beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

But what is the Username?

Is it an email? Is it the name in the Daz  "account info"?

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    edited September 2016
    beowolf said:
    beowolf said:

Same here.

But what is the Username?

Is it an email? Is it the name in the Daz  "account info"?

I meant type the word "userkeyname" or the word "username", and I suggested that because the userkeyname I was supplied with starts with the word "userkeyname".... no capital letters. There is another currently active thread about registering Pegasus Modeler 3.0.... at this point I'm going to suggest that you visit that thread and see if you can get in touch with MarkcusD, the creator of Pegasus, or contact Daz support.

Post edited by Chuckdozer on
  • UnseenUnseen Posts: 608
    edited September 2016

Try entering your DAZ username. I bought AutoGroupEditor at Renderosty a long time ago and I had a serial number though no Username to enter. I finally entered my personal username and the registration was accepted. Perhaps is it the same here?

Edit: it seems that it does not work since some people already tried. Sorry...

Post edited by Unseen on
  • Daz is looking into this, if need be new serials will be issued (though probably not today).

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 608

Found this page at 3D Utils (for Pegasus Modeler 3 registration) but I am not sure that it will be useful:

http://www.3dutils.com/enter-key.htm

A UserName is provided by Markus Dunn for Pegasus 3.0

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,082
    edited September 2016

When I boght 3.0 my serial number as provided by DAZ was userkeynamexxx followed by a space followed by a very long serial number; the 'userkeynamexxx' (xxx is a 3-digit number) is your user name.

ETA: I just installed the upgrade and my registration was accepted - but take care! When I pasted the userkeyname into the name box I got leading spaces. I had to clear them out.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • How do I register this? I have a key in my account. However the software also asks for user name. What do I use for user name?

Thanks