HELP HELP

MohanMohan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi can anyone please HELP!
I have created a new top both in cararra and hexagon. I first export a male genesis figure as an obj file and shape the top to fit in both programs. When I export it back to DAZ and it fits the genesis figure I go through the fitting routine as per tutorials on youtube.
That is I go to edit, geometry, convert to sub D assets, transfer, utility, scource, genisis figure, target, my top. But the top becomes bigger and is way above my genesis figure. When I move the figure the top moves with it. I have tried scale and translate but the will not move or scale the top to fit the figure. Please help
regards
Michael

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,841
    edited December 1969

You need to set the Source Shape to Genesis male, and then expand the morph option button and check reverse Source Shape from target option.

• MohanMohan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank You
    I just tried that but the object now shrinks and ends up between his legs, and I can't move or scale it
    Also when I start my DAZ 4.5 PRO the only plug with a serial number listed is animate 2 lite how do I enter other plugin serial numbers (eg CCT)
    Regards
    Michael

edited December 1969

The CCT is part of DS4 Pro, so it's controlled by that serial number - and is already working if you have the Transfer utility.

Did you scale or otherwise adjust the OBJ after you imported it and before you ran the Transfer utility?

• MohanMohan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

when I imported the obj and it asks "convert to DAZ Studio" I tried Cararra 1 unit =1in but the import is tiny. so i used Silo 1 unit=10cm which gives a reasonable size. I then move & scale it to fot the Genesis figure and go through the transfer routine, but it gets attached to the left foot
    Michael

edited December 1969

If you modelled around an exported Genesis you should import using the same setting as you used for the Genesis export. However, if you can't remember that another option is to export the modified clothing and then reimport it, taking care to use the same preset each time. The Transfer Utility works on the default item, ignoring any scaling or other adjustments.