Generation X Woes

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to load a Genesis 2 character without all of the Gen X morphs I have on my system? Currently, if I load a fresh G2M or G2F and then try to export it as a Cr2, it goes about the long process of copying all of the GenX 1 morphs I have added over the years – and I have many. This results in me getting the figure not supported message – I assume because I do not have all of the generation 3 and 4 figures of GenX2 – just GenX1.

I would really like to be able to make a more streamlined figure that does not have hundreds of morphs designed for Genesis 1, but I am not yet prepared to eliminate all of the Gen X 1 morphs.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170

I create all mine together in a subfolder called GenX2 - if I need to temporarily remove them I then move that whole folder out of the /data/... hierarchy to a /temp/... location.
    NB: You need to be careful to put it back in the correct position when you replace it!

(Oh, and I guess this won't work for saved scenes)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

I don't see why you're getting GenX1 morphs at all. Do you really mean GenX 1? GenX is conversion product. Genesis is the character version before Genesis 2, Generation 4 /Victoria 4 the version before that.

If you have Genesis morphs saved with a fresh Genesis 2, then somewhere along the line you loaded Genesis morphs onto Genesis 2 and saved over the original Genesis 2.

• Until recently I used just Genesis 1 with Gen X 1. I recently switched over to GenX 2 and started using Genesis 2. I have the Genesis Clone for G2 as well.

I guess the main problem is that when I go in and look at the GenX directory for Genesis 2, there are tons of files there from GenX1 that I do not have the GenX2 support for - such as all of the generation 3 characters. Additionally, other morphs seem to have found there way into this folder as well - such as Ram Works morph package files. 

I am assuming that the figure not supported message is due to the fact that I do not have V3, A3, etc., for GenX2.. Since I have Gen X2, all these morphs will become availalbe when I load a fresh Genesis2 character. I suppose there is no way around that, but is there a way to strip out most of these morphs other than deleting them from the directory? I would like to have a Genesis 2 Female and Male that only had supported morphs available if at all possible.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170

Umm, if you have the V3/A3/etc add-on for GenX then you automatically have it for GenX2 as well - there are files for both versions in your Product Library. Have you installed the GenX2 versions of these?

• edited September 2016

Thank you Melanie. I had no idea that I had those, as the Product Library just shows the add-ons for GenX. It never occured to me that you had to actually click on them to see the GenX2 files as part of the download options blush

Post edited by LigeiaWestwickDesigns on