RESOLVED: Help?? "Hiding" available smart content?

KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

I've made my post a numbered list because I think it makes people read everything before they ask me something I've already said.

1. I was a Poser user long before I used DS.  Now I use DS almost exclusively.  This has made my library situation complicated.
  2. Most of my old Daz content was installed long before the DIM was a thing.  When the DIM came out, I just hid all the products I'd already installed from the "ready to download" tab. No need to download 3000+ items again!
  3. I plan on using the DIM for non-encrypted installs as long as they'll let me, which I pray is forever.. I have so many runtimes. I need the DIM's flexibility.
  4. I have no problem purchasing and using encrypted products.  I therefore don't pay much attention to whether I'm buying one. 
  5. Smart Content was (and really still is) foreign to me.  I have no need or desire to use Smart Content.  I'm organized. The Content Library tab is perfect for my needs.
  6. HOWEVER, it seems the only way to download DazConnect items is through the Smart Content pane. Fine, I can do that.
  7. If I was a normal DS SmartContent user, I'd just pop into the Available tab and see what I hadn't downloaded yet.  Since I use the DIM, the only things "available" but not downloaded would, presumably, be my DazConnect-only items.
  8. The problem: In my Smart Content "Available" tab, I'm still seeing all 3000+ items I've hidden in the DIM.  I'd love to hide them in the "Available" SmartContent tab so that, when I buy an encrypted item that doesn't appear in the DIM, it is easy to locate in my Available content. 
  9. Right now, I have to rely on the Ecrypted Only Thread to figure out which of my purchases ARE encrypted, then I have to scroll through the 3000+ Available items alphabetically to find them and download them.
  10. I then use the "Show Product in Content Library" and "Create Links For" options to get my stuff where I expect to see it.  This is fine. 

Is it possible to tell Smart Content that my "Available" files aren't available??? I buy lots of stuff.  Really.  Lots.  I have the Daz-gifted-3D-printed Vicky to prove it. I'll buy many things, install them, and forget that I have a new thing.  I therefore, quite by accident, just discovered that several of my newer purchases were encrypted and that I hadn't even noticed they were missing from my content library!!

Help?

Post edited by Karibou on

Comments

• I'm not sure - if you can filter to show items that are not in a group you could create a new group, Hidden, and place all of the items that you had manually isntalled in that. You can sort by order date, which should push the old installs to the bottom of the list.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

I'm not sure - if you can filter to show items that are not in a group you could create a new group, Hidden, and place all of the items that you had manually isntalled in that. You can sort by order date, which should push the old installs to the bottom of the list.

Never thought of creating a "hidden" group -- great idea and I think it's within my SmartContent capabilities, lol. Will give that a shot! 

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Perfect!!  Made a pair of .png thumbnails, and put them in the right place, as outlined in this helpful post, and then went into "Available" content and added everything old to my newly created "downloaded" group.  When listed by purchase date, the things I haven't downloaded float to the top and are clearly visible, compared to the rest of the content in there.  Thank you!!

SmartGroups.JPG
    460 x 606 - 63K
  • Great, I'm glad that worked for you.