MANGA STYLE & VISUAL STYLE topic - Update Sept 23rd 2017: Fixed Dropbox links! [Commercial]

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

It looks like you've turned down the render size a lot, making it look really blurry. You also might've made some changes to your render settings that's causing the shaders to not look as good as they should.

Download the "Manga Style Freebie Pack 1" from the first post of this topic. It comes with some render settings presets that were made to work best with Manga Style. Use one of the higher quality presets and see if that helps at all.

• edited December 1969

It looks like you've turned down the render size a lot, making it look really blurry. You also might've made some changes to your render settings that's causing the shaders to not look as good as they should.

Download the "Manga Style Freebie Pack 1" from the first post of this topic. It comes with some render settings presets that were made to work best with Manga Style. Use one of the higher quality presets and see if that helps at all.

Thank you so much! Fixed it.

I wanted to thank you for replying to the problems myself and others have posted here so quickly. I feel that not many people follow up and provide tech support for their products. Your followup is very, very much appreciated. Also, your shaders are fantastic. Thank you so much!

edited December 1969

You're very welcome. I just wanna make sure you guys get as much enjoyment of of these shaders as I do. :)

• eque78eque78 Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

New to the thread, just sharing for the love of the art. My take on my fav spy series Nikita.

maggie_anime_gun.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 491K
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

BT, have u received my pm?

• riccoptriccopt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sorry for my stupidity, but do we need to have "Manga Style Shaders" for the "Click here to download the Manga Style Freebie Pack 1" to work?

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, do this shaders work with the shader baker? I've seen the built in toon shaders don't

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Here's a couple pictures i did for a contest last month. no postwork this time ('cept for the text box cause that was allowed as post) cause i couldn't use any for the contest lol.

the one with the girl and the headphones was my attempt at remaking an older picture (i think posted in this thread somewhere) since i lost the original scene and trying out new lighting and an idea i had for the making the outlines stand out a bit more.

sol_titan_shiva_jpg_sig.jpg
    1080 x 768 - 462K
    jet_pirate_2000_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 620K
    edited December 1969

Here's a couple pictures i did for a contest last month. no postwork this time ('cept for the text box cause that was allowed as post) cause i couldn't use any for the contest lol.

the one with the girl and the headphones was my attempt at remaking an older picture (i think posted in this thread somewhere) since i lost the original scene and trying out new lighting and an idea i had for the making the outlines stand out a bit more.

those look really amazing!!

which settings are you using?

edited December 1969

riccopt said:

Thanks.

If you're talking about like my render settings those probably don't have much to do with anything for these pictures.(i don't use the toon render option or anything either , though i did try it once and meh.)

But when using the visual style shaders i don't use any textures with them, and i keep teh lighting really simple. like one distant light (i find that setting teh shadows to raytrace look the best i do not get close to teh same result with shadow map) and Uberenvironment light (occlusion w/soft shadows) and to me the biggest thing is teh use of geometry shells, i use geometry shells on everything in the scene.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

eque said:
    New to the thread, just sharing for the love of the art. My take on my fav spy series Nikita.

Very nicely done.
    I like how your skin turned out. My results weren't quite that good, I'll have to take another run at it.
    Thanks for sharing.

--Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

riccopt said:

Thanks.

If you're talking about like my render settings those probably don't have much to do with anything for these pictures.(i don't use the toon render option or anything either , though i did try it once and meh.)

But when using the visual style shaders i don't use any textures with them, and i keep teh lighting really simple. like one distant light (i find that setting teh shadows to raytrace look the best i do not get close to teh same result with shadow map) and Uberenvironment light (occlusion w/soft shadows) and to me the biggest thing is teh use of geometry shells, i use geometry shells on everything in the scene.

you replied exactly what I wanted to hear!
    the most basic settings are the bets to get the best results...

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Shaders on sale...I'm in for the VSS ones. :)

edited December 1969

Ok, for some strange reason I wasn't getting any notifications about this topic.

@Riccopt: No, you can download them regardless. If you had any problems beforehand, it was because Dropbox momentarily disabled my public sharing abilities due to high traffic. Apparently if too many people download stuff from my Dropbox they disable it for a short while. Maybe I should upload them onto ShareCG instead...

@DireBunny: Those renders look great. I wouldn't recommend using UberEnvironment with VS though as VS already has built in Ambient Occlusion, so you're just making your render times much longer than they need to be. Also, i'm really glad you're getting some good use out of the Geometry Shell shader. :D

edited December 1969

Ok, for some strange reason I wasn't getting any notifications about this topic.

@Riccopt: No, you can download them regardless. If you had any problems beforehand, it was because Dropbox momentarily disabled my public sharing abilities due to high traffic. Apparently if too many people download stuff from my Dropbox they disable it for a short while. Maybe I should upload them onto ShareCG instead...

@DireBunny: Those renders look great. I wouldn't recommend using UberEnvironment with VS though as VS already has built in Ambient Occlusion, so you're just making your render times much longer than they need to be. Also, i'm really glad you're getting some good use out of the Geometry Shell shader. :D

I bought MS and VSS... maybe these free settings given away here could be included on the paid shaders... to make things a little easier for those who bought it...

edited December 1969

Just re rendered the one scene again minus the UE and yep no difference in the way the render looked, but it rendered way faster , thanks for the info.

• edited December 1969

Is it possible to apply the outline shader after using the visual style?

jogging.png
    563 x 629 - 188K
    edited December 1969

You can apply the outline shader whenever you want. Just make a Geometry Shell, and apply the shader to the shell. :)

• edited December 1969

This is not hard at all, after few days of messing around. I got it.

All.png
    1000 x 1000 - 574K
    edited December 1969

Nice work! :D

• edited December 1969

thanks for this wonderful shaders Bishounen. Another addition to my portfolio.

edited December 1969

These are great! Excellent job!

Toon1.jpg
    602 x 802 - 172K
  • edited December 1969

BT, I don't know if anybody's ever asked this, but how did come up with the colors for the Visual Style Shader presets? I would like to do a range of skin colors for a personal project and I'm trying to devise a unique preset for each character.

edited December 1969

It was actually quite tedious. I started out with one skin preset, using reddish/pinkish hues similar to visual novels. I then took a screenshot of the colour settings, pasted it into Photoshop, multiplied different base colours over it, used the eyedrop to get the RGB values of the new colours, and then manually input them back into Daz.

It was really slow, and really tedious. :( Hopefully one of my next products will make this significantly easier (for both me and everyone else), but it won't be finished for a while.

• edited December 1969

I was afraid you'd say that...

Since it's fan-labor, I'll use the coloring of the canon characters as a starting point. When those look good, I'll adjust them to cover the large number of original characters.

edited December 1969

my first render with VS
    both with one distant light

since I could not get the GS to work I changed the DARKER outline color to BLACK...

for some reason whenever I add geometry shell daz crashes

artemis-001.png
    1192 x 841 - 215K
    artemis-002.png
    1192 x 841 - 214K
    edited December 1969

Picked up Hitomi and SnowSultans animeyes. Used your Shell shader for those eyes, works good! Also tried out these hair shaders... (link)

Hitomi1a.jpg
    456 x 606 - 44K
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Manga Style needs more love in this thread =_=

man1.png
    813 x 570 - 67K
  • trig14trig14 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013

I just wanted to say that I think your shaders are fantastic. I really appreciate you going to the extra effort to create step by step tutorials. With those at hand, I was able to crank out lots of varied and interesting results in an hour. It almost feels like cheating. For these pictures, fancy tricks were dialed down to around 0%. Thanks for your efforts.

Renders.png
    1335 x 883 - 815K
    Post edited by trig14 on
    edited December 1969

Cookie-ish using VSS! :-P

CookieGenesisA.jpg
    488 x 938 - 50K