MANGA STYLE & VISUAL STYLE topic - Update Sept 23rd 2017: Fixed Dropbox links! [Commercial]

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited November 2012

nDelphi said:
    nDelphi said:

If you're having issues with pokethrough (I assume you're hiding the feet when you're using shoes or something), it might just be better to not apply any shaders to them, and simply turn down the opacity.

Even if you don't apply shaders to the feet, which I don't since I am hiding them, applying shaders to say the arm will get the feet to show.

This is an auto-fitted boot and the feet seem to stick out and there is no way to move them or Poke-Away them away. Your suggestion to use opacity is the way to go, I will have to try that, I have even used that before several times, my brain is slow today. :lol:

Glad to be of help. Just so you know, I don't think your picture got through.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • georgewrestlinggeorgewrestling Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Ezaki said:
    Really been enjoying this program over the weekend especially the tutorials, shame work got in the way of my experimentation. Here is one of my efforts:

WOW i like your picture, do you have a deviant art account or your own web site with wrestling pictures?

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

I put this one up on a few sites and in one instance was asked if I would post the sketches! I felt like a cheater. LOL!

Kiku_as_Ninja_Defensive.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 342K
  • GiGi_7GiGi_7 Posts: 1,343
    edited November 2012

nDelphi said:

This is not an issue specific to Manga Style, but is a general issue with shaders produced using Shader Mixer. If you were to do the same with any of the Shader Mixer examples included with Daz Studio ("Shader Presets/Shader Mixer"), you will encounter the same problem.

This is a problem I cannot fix, as it is a Daz Studio issue.

Aw, a Shader Mixer issue, OK. Looks like I compared with a non-Shader Mixer shaders; the DAZ Toon shaders.

I confirm it. It's a Shader Mixer and Shader Builder Issue, it's a general problem in DAZ Studio. I just now work in shader builder with a colourful toon shader, and hidden parts are rendered, an annoying thing. If you want remove it from render, revert the shader applied (shader builder tab, reset shader preset) and use in opacity map an image completely black to obtain total transparent render. To set only opacity strength to zero doesn't work.

Post edited by GiGi_7 on
  • EzakiEzaki Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ezaki said:
    Really been enjoying this program over the weekend especially the tutorials, shame work got in the way of my experimentation. Here is one of my efforts:

WOW i like your picture, do you have a deviant art account or your own web site with wrestling pictures?

Just a one off so far, seemed like a good idea for a render.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

I confirm it. It's a Shader Mixer and Shader Builder Issue, it's a general problem in DAZ Studio. I just now work in shader builder with a colourful toon shader, and hidden parts are rendered, an annoying thing. If you want remove it form render, revert the shader applied (shader builder tab, reset shader preset) and use in opacity map an image completely black to obtain total transparent render. To set only opacity strength to zero doesn't work.

Yep, that one worked. Thanks for the tip.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Visual Style Shaders are at 1.2 now.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Visual Style Shaders are at 1.2 now.

I honestly have no idea why. I haven't changed anything, nor have I been informed of any chance.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The MetaData was updated according to the online Read Me.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited December 1969

Hiro 5 Cat.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

Hiro5Cat07pic01.jpg
    700 x 1024 - 273K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I should have asked about this months ago but for Visual Style, what would the preferred settings be for something along the lines of what was done with the Alchemy Chasm promo? Essentially, using the original materials. I had made an attempt but things looked incredibly off. I would post an image but Daz decided to crash at 99% render completion.

edited December 1969

I believe I used the "Visual Texture - Brown 2" presets when doing that Alchemy Chasm promo (it was such a long while ago I don't clearly remember). Applied the preset to all the surfaces and then manually reapplied the textures. The preset is found under "Visual Style Shaders/Visual Presets/Visual Misc".

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Ah, what I was attempting to do was hold down CTRL and selecting ignore on replacing the material. Adding to that, I was attempting to use the same preset on everything (White 2) while I probably should have fluctuated things a bit per item.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the docs I was wondering where that was, yes a monkey see monkey do tutorial would be good.
    It picks up Displacement mapping very well and the transparency looks impressive to.

Would you mind telling how you achieved that look?
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Was able to get these yesterday, and I really like them. Thank you, BishounenTaurus! Here's the result of my first chance playing with them today.

MangaHitomiReach3.jpg
    1800 x 1068 - 1M
    edited December 1969

That looks amazing! :O

• XdyeXdye Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey bishonen I just wanted to say that I did, I reduced the pattern effect almost completly. In reality was very simple its all about render settings, I achieved by setting the shadow rate at 0.10 and then rise the pixel sample to 8 or 16 and finally pixel filter to 0.10. Also the size of the preset should be 300 or even 600. Now its all about shaping and lights and I can start my own manga without knowing draw :P

done.jpg
    1105 x 1272 - 315K
    edited December 1969

That is a really fascinating method. Love seeing people getting creative with these! :D

• edited December 1969

Apologies to post such a noobish question but Ive been driving myself insane all day trying to figure out how to get the shaders to even register in DAZ Studio 4, let alone use them.
    Tried installing it twice in different runtimes, but the darn thing still wont register. Working on an iMac running the Intel version of the client. Spent the whole day trying to find info on the shaders and despite seeing the AMAZING work people have done, Im totally stumped.

mangashadermaps.jpg
    1040 x 179 - 131K
    edited December 1969

Looks like you're not running Daz Studio 4.5. You need to update your Daz Studio in order to use newer products (.duf files only work in Daz Studio 4.5 and up).

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow, awesome stuff, I played yesterday with the Visual shaders on the computer of a friend and I certainly will have to grab them!
    Here is the result of the half hour of fun (with a bit of postwork for the glow):

ArcToon1F.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 61K
  • edited December 1969

Heh, thanks for the heads up on my out of date software. Heres a lil something I knocked up after experimenting with the tone settings.

skeletonblack.png
    1162 x 1668 - 486K
    edited December 1969

Devillo said:
    Heh, thanks for the heads up on my out of date software. Heres a lil something I knocked up after experimenting with the tone settings.

Wonderful work! Very macabre. :D

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to use the sketchy shaders but keep colours in image, or are they black & white only?

(just thought I'd check if it's just me not working it out right, or if I'm trying to do something the shaders won't do anyway)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    Wow, awesome stuff, I played yesterday with the Visual shaders on the computer of a friend and I certainly will have to grab them!
    Here is the result of the half hour of fun (with a bit of postwork for the glow):

Very Nice, This is the look I wanted with VS. What settings did you use?

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Is there a way to use the sketchy shaders but keep colours in image, or are they black & white only?

(just thought I'd check if it's just me not working it out right, or if I'm trying to do something the shaders won't do anyway)

If you read the documentation, you'll see that there are some Colour properties underneath the screentone settings. By default they're all black (aside from the "paper", which is white), but you can change these colours or plug textures into them to change the appearance.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

If you read the documentation, you'll see that there are some Colour properties underneath the screentone settings. By default they're all black (aside from the "paper", which is white), but you can change these colours or plug textures into them to change the appearance.thanks!

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:

Very Nice, This is the look I wanted with VS. What settings did you use?

I just applied some of the presets to the different surfaces, without adding textures or bump maps. I was looking for a very clean and "straight" effect.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the help and the kind words! While Im starting to get the hang of the Manga Style shaders and their potential for awesome Graphic images, there are a few issues Ive noticed with certain types of mapped or transparent object. For example, certain hair models will render large chunks of the forehead as blank, things like the V4 Creature addons dont render well either since the manga shader renders the entire body including the invisible sections, as well as refusing to properly render the mapped in false legs and other body props.

Another small issue is my continued frustration at figuring out how to get the eyes to work properly. Ive downloaded and consulted a few walkthroughs but Im still stumped on the eyes. Any suggestions guys?

snakeforeheadwhiteerror.jpg
    438 x 273 - 149K
    edited December 1969

If you need something to be at 0 opacity, make sure you're using "screentoned" opacity instead of "outlined" opacity. Also, make sure you're actually using opacity maps, because those eyelashes look like you have the opacity map in the diffuse parameter for some reason. Also, the eyebrow section of V4 appears to be at full opacity instead of 0% opacity.