Newbee Issues Applying MATS to V6 Figures-Poser 11

Hi All,  I wanted to get back to creating after a long absence and updated my Poser 9 to 11. I'm experiencing all the newbee issues and slowly working through the cobwebs in my brain to get things in order. Wanting to try out the lastest figures I purchased Victoria 6, Genesis 2 Female(s) Morphs Bundle, Milena Bundle and Genesis Starter Essentials, a few DAZ figures and the latest DSON Importer for Poser. After loading V6 figure and Morphs things look to be OK  The figure has an OK caucasian flesh tone, when loading figure MATS, areas turns a carmel brown and the makup, etc. won't change anything when applied.  Also I have one figure, Carlene, that loads totally black becaue it can't findt the SabbyCarleneLashes02.  I think my MAT files may be in the wrong places even though I used the DAZ file manage to load to the default folders or I am doing some thing wrong.  I've been looking in various forums attempting to find the solution but to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.  Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.  Thanking you in advance - Tom.