Daz 4.5 16 Pro Serious Problems

robinskirobinski Posts: 6

Last week - any render with Genesis in it.. does not matter about Daz or third party content gets half way through render and disappears This week the very same is starting to happen with V.42 renders. I've fixed the duplicate ID errors, checked the logs and I see nothing out of the ordinary being registered. Several severity 0 errors but that's it.
I don't have a problem with a graphics card. I don't have a problem with hardware or memory. I do have a problem with this program and I'm about at the point where I will just pack it all up.. and go directly back to version 3.11 which was stable.
What I do know - DAZ Pro v4.516 has some compatibility issues
It has absolutely bad - evil memory management. It reminds me of early Adobe programs that needed 100 % assets in order to function properly.
I fully realize that the program is free and that's great. My biggest beef with it at present is that it is consuming my time with very poor or little results.
Maybe I should be patient and move over to Poser for a few years until you folks get this all sorted out.

Comments

• vip808_e751f31ab6vip808_e751f31ab6 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

yeah whats happening i spent over $500 and counting.. it was running perfect till a few weeks ago.. what ever DAZ studio did can't it be reversed? the people here are very helpful but there hasnt been a solution yet.. i was having so much fun because it wasn't complicated now to save my earlier projects i have to do so much STUFF that isn't working.. this is so frustrating i thought it was something i did but the more i read its obviously something DAZ did..and it seems like they're not sayiing what they did.. i know it started happening right before the last update around the time they made that poser+daz dsonimporter do i need to buy this to make everything return to normal?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,243
    edited December 1969

Check memory usage when rendering. You don't say whether you are using the 32 or 64 bit vrsion, but with 32 bit it's easy to run out of memory. You may want to lower your Bucket Size (in the advanced tab of Render Settings) if it's over the minimum, though that can't do an enormous amount to help.

• vip808_e751f31ab6vip808_e751f31ab6 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

im using 64 bit, lowered the bucket size to 8, opened a scene i made a couple weeks ago, but results are still the same..genesis character explodes and distorts..im trying to recreate the character with m4 but its so fustrating.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,243
    edited December 1969

If the content explodes when you load an old scene save the exploded scene and load that - counter-intuitive as it may be that does seem to fix the problem.

• robinskirobinski Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Reduced the bucket size to 8 instead of 16 and it seems to have done the job. Thanks Richard! I'm kind of wondering why someone could not have pointed this out to me a week or so ago. Correct.. I am running the 32 bit version. Have not updated any of my systems to 64 bit and it's pointless to do so. I'd much rather buy another couple of higher end machines with 64 bit OS's rather than upgrade any of them. Thank you once again.