DG Toon Style Hair Shaders - Iray Update - Fast Grab! (Commercial)

One of my very first products - Toon Style Hair Shaders - is almost 4 years old now, and it needed an update. To help celebrate the arrival of Star! 2.0 in style, I've asked for it to be put in Fast Grab.

http://www.daz3d.com/dg-toon-style-hair-shaders

August 2016 Update

3Delight - corrected or enhanced most texture maps, all presets resaved in .DUF format, all presets re-named to be more Smart Content friendly, improved various surface settings, added 20 new colors.

Iray - Iray Uber shader presets created.

If you already had the original 3Delight only version, the update is in your account. Thanks for all the support over the years.

Comments

• And of course we need some pictures!

• Sweet!!!  I bought it when it cam out.  Very excited.  Thank you for the update! :)

• And a lot of your other shaders....and lights....ya....you have a good portion of my pay.  :D

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oh, love that there is an update!  I'll have to check that out cause, yeah, I already have that!  Great product for anyone considering it!!!

• ElspathElspath Posts: 180

Yay! Thank you for the update. I bought it around when it first came out.

• I saw the update a couple of days ago and I almost couldn't believe it. Thank you, this made my progressive transition to Iray much more enjoyable and covers a niche that even the excellent UHT2 didn't.

• Thank you all so much! I easily could have done the Iray version as a new and seperate product, but that didn't feel right to me. The 3Delight shaders, while still very functional and usuable, had a few rookie mistakes that I felt I needed to correct. I didn't want to retire the product, so instead, I brought it up to my new quality standards. And, I was super tired of converting individual presets to Iray everytime I wanted to use them myself, so there we are. laugh

It means so much to me to be able to give a small "thank you" to the people who have gotten so much use out of the product over the years.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Didn't see this thread til now, but I remember you telling me that you were planning on making them, maybe as a free update.

Grabbed the update today and just had a chance to test them out on the new Star hairs, and they really do look amazing. Thank you so much for these!

I always loved using the image files with other Iray shaders, but these work so beautifully right away and it's just perfect.

-swears to self to buy further DG toon stuff should it ever appear-

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,790

Wow!  I've used these quite a bit.  Thanks for the update!

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

I've been working on quite a bit of toon stuff lately so yoru Toon Style Shaders have been a staple for that, then firing up DIM found a HUGE update for them which raised my eyeborws (one at a time as well!) It was a truly exciting moment as I searched for what the update was doing - I kinda figured it may have added iRay shaders - which it did and as if that wasn't awesome enough, the 3Delight shaders got loved as well! I would have bought the iRay version to sit nicely alongside the 3Delight originals - this though.. oh wow, it's not a love letter to your fans, it's nigh on a proposal!! 

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is - thank you very much @DestinysGarden

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Wondered what this update had been about! I got this early on and can't express how happy I am that this now gives options for Iray renders. One of the single most useful products for when rendering the cartoon-style figures, like Girl 6/7.

Much appreciated and highly recommended!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Saw them in fast grab but didn't read the description - stupid me. Glad I saw this thread cos I just bought them :D :D 

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited August 2016

Aww, guys, thank you. You are making me grin ear to ear, which doesn't happen often, trust me. This product was the one that gave me the first glimmer of a hope that being a full time artist and PA could be possible, and not just a pipe dream, so it is very near and dear to my heart.

Anyone else have renders? Old or new?

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

I can't believe I've never seen this shader before... I'll have to pick it up along with my Star order :)

Is there an Iray toon shader that goes with this? I know there's a toon shader of sorts for 3Delight out there...

• Well, if you are talking toon style hair, then you get both Iray and 3DL in this one pack. If you wanted toon skin and eyes, I have for 3DL http://www.daz3d.com/dg-toon-style-eyes-for-genesis-2-female-s and http://www.daz3d.com/dg-toon-style-eyes-for-genesis-2-male-s, and for Iray http://www.daz3d.com/dg-iray-toon-styles-for-genesis-2. I know I have said in another thread that getting Iray to cooperate with toon styles is like trying to drive a nail with a spongecake (Stupid Twinkies), but I, and others, are trying to sort out the problem. No promises on anytime "soon" though.

Aww, guys, thank you. You are making me grin ear to ear, which doesn't happen often, trust me. This product was the one that gave me the first glimmer of a hope that being a full time artist and PA could be possible, and not just a pipe dream, so it is very near and dear to my heart.

Anyone else have renders? Old or new?

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone would want to see my early renders using these.  I'll have to try and do some newer renders now that I know what I'm doing inside DS.  The shaders themselves are all topnotch, my skills using left a lot to be desired back when I first got them.  Since I won't be getting the new Star for awhile, now seems like a really good time to play with them again.  Tomorrow afternoon, though, as it's bedtime here.  Hopefully, there will be lots of renders here by the time I get home tomorrow afternoon.  It would be nice to see how others have used the DG's Toon Shaders.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

A quick test playing with the iray hair toon shaders. Didn't let it render as long as it should, but I just wanted to play and test them out. LOL. 

ToonShadersTest_jakiblue.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 857K
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

This was the first one I tested that made me go :O

Also from the Star thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ae/5a0d625e2c0156c14725b14e274174.jpg

star-dg.jpg
    800 x 900 - 46K
  • That's really pretty Jaki. Thanks for posting.

Fabulosity lx!

Scorpio did some outstanding stuff back in the day, so maybe we will see her too.

• Thankyou DestinysGarden! One of my all time favourite products. I use it all the time and now it's even better. This is one product I won't hesitate to recommend to anyone needing toon hair shaders.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Well, if you are talking toon style hair, then you get both Iray and 3DL in this one pack. If you wanted toon skin and eyes, I have for 3DL http://www.daz3d.com/dg-toon-style-eyes-for-genesis-2-female-s and http://www.daz3d.com/dg-toon-style-eyes-for-genesis-2-male-s, and for Iray http://www.daz3d.com/dg-iray-toon-styles-for-genesis-2. I know I have said in another thread that getting Iray to cooperate with toon styles is like trying to drive a nail with a spongecake (Stupid Twinkies), but I, and others, are trying to sort out the problem. No promises on anytime "soon" though.

I had to just check but yeah, I cleaned all these out right after you released iRay toon styles - I went on a "gotta catch em all" hunt for all things DG toon style!!

• Thank you all!

I'm not 100% certain, but I *think* this is the last day of the Fast Grab.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Well, dang, I just had to grab that too! What a beautiful and useful pack. Thanks so much DG!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

what a gift - thank you!

--ms

@DestinysGarden  I know this isn't in FG anymore.  I'm always late to the party since my renders in Iray take so long, but I promised a render and I wanted to show my appreciation for this wonderful update!  You do great work DG!  She is using both your toon hair shader and your toon shaders for iray.