Interface Problem

Hello, 

I have started a support ticket regarding this matter as well, but I wanted to see if someone else has solved this already.

My studio interface elements (and the install manager) are very slow and generally unresponsive. When I click on an element of any type (scroll bar, drop down, menu item, content, etc) it shows either a white blanked out box where the action should be, or nothing. For example, when I try to change the camera in the camera dropdown in the viewport, it changes the colour of the text, but no menu pops up. If I click on another element after that, the camera menu will pop up instead of the newly clicked element, but the camera menu can't be used and disappears immediately. Another example is trying to render... if I click render, nothing happens until after I select another element, such as something in the content pane, but then the newly clicked element does nothing. 

The same unresponsiveness is present in the install manager. When I select an item, it doesn't get selected for a few minutes.

I do not have this issue on any other applications on my PC. 

My specs are:

i7-6700HQ 
GeForce GTX 980M 
32GB Ram 
Windows 10 Home 
Daz Studio 4.9 64bit

All latest updates, and drivers. This issue was there before  updating drivers and still exists with the newest set.

Any thoughts? I have tried uninstalling re-installing multiple times, cleaned the registry with ccleaner between installs, etc.

Comments

• I'm not sure it's a clear suspect here, but what security software do you use?

• Ah, sorry I forgot to mention that. I am using Norton 360.

• Norton isn't usually an issue (I have Norton Internet Security here). It looks as if your CPU may also have its own GPU - I'm not sure how to check but make sure that DS is using the nVidia chip, not the Intel.

• I forced DS to use the nVidia and it works now.

Thanks for the tip! 

• Glad to help.

• I'm back because the problem is back. 

Without any modifications to my system over the past week, the DS interface is once again sluggish to unrresponsive. I was away from my laptop the entire time, so I couldn't have made a change unintentionally.  I have tried to reinstall DS, reset a few times, etc. Forcing  DS to use nVidia seemed to work at first, but does not anymore. Running as administrator doesn't solve the issue either.

Do you have any further advice or suggestions?

• Running as admistrator is a bad diea, but presumably you didn't do that until after the issue flared up.

Have you (or the system) updated the drivers? If not, try that. What are your settings in Edit>Preferences>Interface tab?

• Yes, that's correct.

I'll attach a screenshot of my interface settings.

DS.png
    664 x 528 - 22K
  • Try the other settings for Display Optimisation.

• I tried all of the Display Optimisation options but they did not fix the issue.

• Not sure what else to suggest then.

• Too bad, the software is entirely useless without a solution.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.