L.I.E.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.  LIE does not work in current Daz editions, only early versions?

Comments

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

Not so. Works fine. 

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,645
    edited August 2016

Where is the menu for it?  I've got it listed as 'loaded' under 'Help->Installed Plugins' but I can't find where to use it in a loaded scene - it's not under 'Tools' nor 'Window->Panes', nor can I find an option under 'Surfaces' - it's probably right under my nose but any pointers would be appreciated :)

Edit- never mind, it works by just double-clicking the overlay under the Content tab - but is there no window to set parameters / remove one already loaded / load your own?

Edit again - weird, it's now showing up under the surfaces tab when selecting a surface (it wasn't there a little while ago - I must've nudged something when I reinstalled - all's well :)

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

yes LIE works.

and it's always under the surfaces tab. You need to adjust the map that it's applying to... the bump or diffuse or spec...

• Does LIE come with DS4 pro or is it bought as an addon in the store? thanks

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Seems to be an addon.  Would have been nice to know that for certain items that require it, or the fact that they even need it.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

No it's part of the package.  You don't need to buy it.

• Thanks Nelsonsmith and Ice Dragon Art

• http://www.daz3d.com/multi-layered-image-editor

Looks like the 'for sale' addon is only for DAZ 2 and 3. At the bottom Note it says

"The Multi-Layered Image Editor is a plugin for use with DAZ Studio 2.x and 3.x. It is not necessary for use with DAZ Studio 4.x."

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

LIE is built right in and does not require an extra purchase. It's accessed via the drop down next to any image map slot in the surfaces pane.

lie01.PNG
    363 x 266 - 19K
    lie02.png
    462 x 252 - 25K
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    Vaskania said:

LIE is built right in and does not require an extra purchase. It's accessed via the drop down next to any image map slot in the surfaces pane.

Another reason some type of basic manual might be useful for this product.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

LIE works fine here in 4.9