Fixing a dress on seated figure

I have a figure seated on a barstool. The dress on the figure has the mesh smoothing applied and fit to the figure. The backside of the dress shows below the stool.\

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to fix this so the dress is show the way it should be when the girl is seated on the stool?

Thanks

seated fix dress.png
500 x 500 - 107K

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Some dresses have morphs specifically for sitting, you could see if yours has one that will help.

• There are several ways to fix this. In the Parameters tab, you might find some corrective morphs for the dress. Make sure the dress is selected in the Scene tab.

Outside of that - I guess your most reliable option is to use a d-former. Using it, you will be able to slightly move the dress around to eliminate poke-through. You can find a tutorial on youtube that explains d-former use.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

If a dynamics option isn't available, you could export as an object, then make a custom morph in Blender (or use the bridge for Hexagon); you could also correct in in Blender then reimport the dress object itself and just copy across the shader/textures.