a compliment for Carrara in relation to Studio

This was buried in a Blender-to-Studio workflow thread in the Commons.  Nice to see kind words about Carrara in the Commons, even if buried and a little oblique.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/516906/#Comment_516906

daveleitz68 said:

In my opinion there is a very good reason to buy content from DAZ: Quality. Considering the amount of work that goes into the entire system of products and how they integrate well together, I'd say that it beats the socks off Makehuman and BlendSwap.

Nevertheless, the way that DAZ Studio does certain things bugs the heck out of me. Scene navigation is much easier for me in Blender. Posing is much faster and far, far more accurate for me in Blender than the pathetic excuse for a posing system found in DS. It's really no wonder people prefer to buy pre-made poses and animations for their characters in DS. Sure, the Blender interface is anything but intuitive, but with some free and low cost training in animation (Blender Animation Toolkit) anyone can discover how to use a fully functional CG animation system that has been used to make quite a few animated short films. (Where are the animated short films made in DAZ Studio that are really worth watching?)

So, DAZ can fix the crappy posing and animation system in DS, or we're going to figure out ways to get the content we've paid for into programs that aren't so rigidly controlled.

One word...Sintel

No way could that have been made in Studio...maybe Carrara, but not Studio.