EJ Cintia for Genesis 3 Female(s) - extra detail for skin and any renders

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
edited August 2016 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/ej-cintia-for-genesis-3-female-s

Is this normal maps, HD morphs?

Anyone got the product and able to show comparrisons with and without?

Not bought an E&J item recently, and figuring this would be a nice time to correct that situation.

Also any user images would be welcome.

EDIT

Another question, in the surfaces: is the base color effect: Scatter Only, or Scatter Transmit?

Post edited by nicstt on

Comments

• pdspds Posts: 593

Curious about this as well. I was a bit disappointed that the extra skin details weren't highlighted in some promo images. I'm wondering if the details are LIE-based.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    pds said:

Curious about this as well. I was a bit disappointed that the extra skin details weren't highlighted in some promo images. I'm wondering if the details are LIE-based.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy, and risk returning; I'd sooner not do that, and have done a few times recently, so hoping not to have to risk it again.

• pdspds Posts: 593
    nicstt said:
    pds said:

Looks like I'm going to have to buy, and risk returning; I'd sooner not do that, and have done a few times recently, so hoping not to have to risk it again.

If you do pick this up, I'd appreciate knowing what you discover insofar as the skin details.

pds said:
    nicstt said:
    pds said:

If you do pick this up, I'd appreciate knowing what you discover insofar as the skin details.

Sure; I'll leave it till later, or tomorrow to see if any replies; there's no great hurry.

• Hi there ;)

The extra detail is a normal map that has some pores and brows details for close renders. It is not a wrinkles one. It is for Iray and also for 3Delight. It comes in Apply/Remove icons so if you don't like it you don't have to use it. The skin is already very detailed anyway, it just gives some intensity to the pores.

About the base color effect, are you asking because of 4.8 or 4.9 compatibility? If it's because of that, we can tell you that the skin looks the same in any Daz Studio version, 4.9 or 4.8. We never used the effect that causes the difference in tone so all our characters don't have that problem.

Hope it helps. Any more questions please ask :)

Hi there ;)

The extra detail is a normal map that has some pores and brows details for close renders. It is not a wrinkles one. It is for Iray and also for 3Delight. It comes in Apply/Remove icons so if you don't like it you don't have to use it. The skin is already very detailed anyway, it just gives some intensity to the pores.

About the base color effect, are you asking because of 4.8 or 4.9 compatibility? If it's because of that, we can tell you that the skin looks the same in any Daz Studio version, 4.9 or 4.8. We never used the effect that causes the difference in tone so all our characters don't have that problem.

I don't mind messing with it, I tend to add maps anyway, I made myself some custom Translucency Colour maps, and recently added veins too. :)

Was just curious on that part.

Wish there were more renders, but thank you for providing plenty of the skin, and not clothes (which I'm not buying), as skin textures always form the biggest part of my reason for purchase.

• nicstt said:

Hi there ;)

I don't mind messing with it, I tend to add maps anyway, I made myself some custom Translucency Colour maps, and recently added veins too. :)

Was just curious on that part.

Wish there were more renders, but thank you for providing plenty of the skin, and not clothes (which I'm not buying), as skin textures always form the biggest part of my reason for purchase.

Thank you so much! :)