WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL JUNE FREEBIE CHALLENGE!

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    This is a little OT, but I heard one of my old friends has sent Donna Douglas (The Elly Mae Clampet actress) a copy of some renders of my Beverly Hillbilly Shack and she loves it. I may be sending her a free copy of the model...lol. WOW huh?

:-)

that is way cool music, what an honor to have Donna Douglas see your work

ok everyone, no more last minute renders now, gotta give us judges some time to go through and pick our favs...

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

Hi everybody! Are you ready to rumble? Well let's get started! I have created the thread for next month's contest so come on over and see what those Penguins were talking about. I hope you like the contest we have some awesome sponsers so please send them words of thanks:
    Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics

See you in the thread.
    Lonnie

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Hi everybody! Are you ready to rumble? Well let's get started! I have created the thread for next month's contest so come on over and see what those Penguins were talking about. I hope you like the contest we have some awesome sponsers so please send them words of thanks:
    Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics

See you in the thread.
    Lonnie

can't wait Lonnie

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

MelanieL said:
    My final "squeeze-under-the-wire" entry - hope it's in time!

Title: Guitar Hero

Great Job Melanie!

chohole said:
    Krissy said
    We had it whole june .... yesterday was first descent day to have some fun outside ... Hope it will spread from netherlands to you chohole wink

Well we did manage to send our Thunderstorms over the border and into England, not sure if they was happy about that, and yesterday was quite nice, but today it got a bit cooler again. Himself got caught out in one of the showers, and said there was hailstones mixed up in it. Yuk.

Well we have our weather mostly from your sides.. so waiting for hail now ;-)

Hi everyone

Here's my take

Title : My sunny vacation

Great render. Really like lightning here !

We are closing in on the last of the month. I have been very busy with RL this month and I appoligize for that. I have noticed there have been a huge number of entries. Some are not really what I would call pinups, but they are Summer and fun. I reached a point here where I saw so many coming in, that I decided to relax on the rules and just go with the fun. I was getting on my own nerves...lol.

My three judges...Krissy, Jeeperz, and BWSman have a real tough one voting for winners. I have my picks to make also. I assure you it will be tough. I want to thank Jeeperz especially this month for how attentive she has been through all this. With me being busy and not here, it would have surely fallen to the wayside if not for her. Even with kids all around her...lol. You are a great ETO, and a great friend. Thank you sooo much for the help. You too Krissy. Not sure what happened to BWSman, but he always surfaces when the going gets tough and releaves the stress with a wise comment. That's what he does best.

Got a lot of donations this month, thanks all who donated. It's what it's all about...freebies.

ok all...lets get those last minute entries in. Midnight is just around the bend.

Oh...and thanks to that Real Man for the pinup. I ran all my mice away!!!!...hehehe.

:smirk:

And thank you music for another fantastic competiton ... It was fun and exciting month !

My last entry of the month.
    Backyard Barbecue

I bet you sprinted to get that in :D Great render ;)

This is a little OT, but I heard one of my old friends has sent Donna Douglas (The Elly Mae Clampet actress) a copy of some renders of my Beverly Hillbilly Shack and she loves it. I may be sending her a free copy of the model...lol. WOW huh?

Congratulations!!! That's awesome music ;)

Oh...and thanks to that Real Man for the pinup. I ran all my mice away!!!!...hehehe.

Aaaaa.. there is this burn again !!!

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146
    edited December 1969

Good luck to everyone! :-)

Dana

edited December 1969

well, got my picks in for this month's contest. I'm off to join the new challenge in July.

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

ok LG you just made me bump my head because I fell off my chair laughing so much.

(He's a nut isn't he?)

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

ok LG you just made me bump my head because I fell off my chair laughing so much.

(He's a nut isn't he?)

I'd just about have to be to hang out around here. Fortunately, I'm in good company...

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Let's try this again. I have posted the winners here two times already, let's try for three. First time, for some reason, it did not take. Second time, I was interrupted by massive thunderstorms in my area, some of the worst I have ever seen. I lost my bedroom TV, and my son's pooter, to power outage. It happened before I could get everything in the house unplugged. For real...that fast. The power went out for about two hours, when it came back on, these were no longer working. Got to go buy a new TV and pooter today. It will cost $160.00 to fix the TV, I can buy a new one for $250.00. Son's pooter has XP, old anyway. New one...$300.00. So...lets try this again.

My judges were on the ball with their pics. So with theirs and mine, we came to this conclusion:

The two honorable mentions are:
    hm1 - My Sunny Vacation - Takeo.Kensei
    hm2 - Car Wash - Lord Ganthor

The third place winner is: A Star Is Born - Dollygirl
    The second place winner is: Beach Ball - Oom Fooyat

And the first place winner is.....Hot Lead At Sunrise - Lord Ganthor

So, there you have it. Congratulations to all the winners, and I hope to see all of you here again next year for the annual "Summer Fun and Pinups."

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Ouch! :bug:
    It's a pain when your gear gets fried.
    Hope you can recover your son's data.
    On the the other hand...
    Congrats to the winners! :lol:
    If Lord Ganthor wasn't so good I'd be complaining. :-P
    Oh well, another month, a new contest. :)

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ~ I lost my bedroom TV, and my son's pooter, to power outage. It happened before I could get everything in the house unplugged. For real...that fast.

That is the reason to get UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) units for sensitive electronics.

And congrats to the winners.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

BWSman said:
    music2u4u said:
    ~ I lost my bedroom TV, and my son's pooter, to power outage. It happened before I could get everything in the house unplugged. For real...that fast.

That is the reason to get UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) units for sensitive electronics.

Remember the batteries in consumer level units only last 2 - 2.5 years and then the UPS itself becomes a threat to your electronics. One should budget $35-50 US every 2 years / UPS system or just purchase a professional unit to start with. If one is buying a house, one should look into seeing if getting a power conditioner unit installed by the seller is an option for sale. This can cushion the cost over the life of the mortgage and protect all of your electronic assets in the house.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Let's try this again. I have posted the winners here two times already, let's try for three. First time, for some reason, it did not take. Second time, I was interrupted by massive thunderstorms in my area, some of the worst I have ever seen. I lost my bedroom TV, and my son's pooter, to power outage. It happened before I could get everything in the house unplugged. For real...that fast. The power went out for about two hours, when it came back on, these were no longer working. Got to go buy a new TV and pooter today. It will cost $160.00 to fix the TV, I can buy a new one for $250.00. Son's pooter has XP, old anyway. New one...$300.00. So...lets try this again.

My judges were on the ball with their pics. So with theirs and mine, we came to this conclusion:

So, there you have it. Congratulations to all the winners, and I hope to see all of you here again next year for the annual "Summer Fun and Pinups."

hate those thunder storms when they do that

Congrats to the winners and HM's, job well done.

edited December 1969

now that all has been said, I just want to point out to those that didn't win, some of the renders were a little lacking this month, not a lot of effort put into them with lighting and placements. Many were off a bit on the theme as well. PLEASE do not take my comments offensively, this is constructive criticism everyone, not meant to offend. The renders were good, but seem thrown together, not all of them, just some. I chock it up to being new to the contests and I too suffered my first renders, You should see my first one I entered with compared to now.

So please do not take offense anyone, and PLEASE don't stop entering because of my comments, around here we all learn from constructive criticisms and get better.
    take care everyone

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the nod on my render and congratulations to the other winners. Thank you Skipper25 and Music for the prizes. Jeeperz, I thank you for the critique. I for one appriciate it when someone is brave and honest in their assessments of my work and I will be more sensitive to the spirit of the challenge because of it. Being on the otherside of the fence as a host I appriciate your comment. It so helps the host when they don't have to be the heavy about complying with the rules.

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow!! Again!!! :lol: I am very happy! Extra happy that a freebie figure like Antonia can compete with the "pros". Congratulations to the pricetakers and a big THANK YOU! to the host, the judges, the sponsors and all how entered. I hope to see you all in this moths challenge.

Cheers! Oom

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Thank you for the nod on my render and congratulations to the other winners. Thank you Skipper25 and Music for the prizes. Jeeperz, I thank you for the critique. I for one appriciate it when someone is brave and honest in their assessments of my work and I will be more sensitive to the spirit of the challenge because of it. Being on the otherside of the fence as a host I appriciate your comment. It so helps the host when they don't have to be the heavy about complying with the rules.

thanks Dollygirl, I really hesitated to say anything because people sometimes get offended when you say something. But seriously everyone, stepping up to the challenge is all part of any render you enter into a contest. We may not be all experts and can knock out work like LG and some of the others do, but the main thing I like about this contest is that anyone can win, one of the most important tips I can give you is to follow the theme, get some good lighting and shadows in your render and you may be the next winner. The prettiest picture isn't always the winner, the first year this contest was around I won one month, not because my render was the best, it clearly wasn't, but because i followed the theme more than the other people did. And the host gave us all critique on what was good and wrong with out renders. Gotta love Salashin for that. she never held the punches and was very honest. we need more of that around here, it really helped me to grow as an artist.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

Congratulations to all the winners!

(And I must remember for next year - less "summer fun", more "pinup"...)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Yes Jeeperz . As Dollygirl knows we encourage feedback in the New Users COntest, and most everybody has been really happy to receive it and have taken it on board, and worked to improve.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2012

Congrats to the winners!

By the way, mine does have a title, if the gallery is remaining. It's called Sliding2 - isn't on the image in the gallery. Not that it really matters I guess

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Dollygirl said:

thanks Dollygirl, I really hesitated to say anything because people sometimes get offended when you say something. But seriously everyone, stepping up to the challenge is all part of any render you enter into a contest. We may not be all experts and can knock out work like LG and some of the others do, but the main thing I like about this contest is that anyone can win, one of the most important tips I can give you is to follow the theme, get some good lighting and shadows in your render and you may be the next winner. The prettiest picture isn't always the winner, the first year this contest was around I won one month, not because my render was the best, it clearly wasn't, but because i followed the theme more than the other people did. And the host gave us all critique on what was good and wrong with out renders. Gotta love Salashin for that. she never held the punches and was very honest. we need more of that around here, it really helped me to grow as an artist.

There is no problem with critics. At least with me. It's a good way to progress. I enter contest to get something to render and sometime test things and have some fun so there is no problem if the judges want to tell me what they didn't like even if they are very harsh :)

Congrats to all the winners and let's go to the next month challenge :) this one is my taste

edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners! Just sent PM's to you with a link ;) And big thank you to all those who entered :) And ofcourse to music for another great June challenge :D

Music.. that really sucks... Well. you know what to do with hay money ;)

Jepeerz, do not be affraid to say anything. If we will say only " nice render"," great job" No one will improve their skills ;)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,236
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners - I think this month's challenge came up with a particularly good set of entries, so well done to you all.

Thanks to Music for running it, it was great fun.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    music2u4u said:

Remember the batteries in consumer level units only last 2 - 2.5 years and then the UPS itself becomes a threat to your electronics. One should budget $35-50 US every 2 years / UPS system or just purchase a professional unit to start with. If one is buying a house, one should look into seeing if getting a power conditioner unit installed by the seller is an option for sale. This can cushion the cost over the life of the mortgage and protect all of your electronic assets in the house.

Kendall

The batteries in the APC units last longer. I replace one about every 5 years. Usually, either the second or third time, I'll do an upgrade, or as they call it a Trade-UPS! Tech is better by then and units are less expensive all the time. Last time I upgraded I went from a 500 to a Smart-UPS 750. Never had a problem with surges since I started using them. And they've saved my butt a few times during power outages or brief brownouts.

Dana

edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners!

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Wait a second...I won first...for a pin-up of a guy? Good grief...this is an...unexpected turn of events. I didn't think it was that good of a render myself. I had high hopes on another one (and I won't say which one) but it just goes to show you that you should never underestimate the judges' perceptions. My thanks to everyone and to everybody who entered with their considerable talents that really gave me a run for it.

...some half-naked goof in a cowboy hat and a pair of pointy boots...heavenly days...heavenly days (to quote Mr. Holmes).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Wait a second...I won first...for a pin-up of a guy? Good grief...this is an...unexpected turn of events. I didn't think it was that good of a render myself. I had high hopes on another one (and I won't say which one) but it just goes to show you that you should never underestimate the judges' perceptions. My thanks to everyone and to everybody who entered with their considerable talents that really gave me a run for it.

...some half-naked goof in a cowboy hat and a pair of pointy boots...heavenly days...heavenly days (to quote Mr. Holmes).

Well you know which one I would have voted for, had I been a judge.

BTW did you visit back to the thread I started in the Bryce forum and see what David had added to it.
    edited December 1969

he was one beefcake LG

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Forum neglected to update...again. Congratulations to all of the winners!

edited December 1969

Well.. LG, the render was great, seriously... It was DoF that sold it ;-).. and belive me was nothing to do with a guy in the front :lol: