WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL JUNE FREEBIE CHALLENGE!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

I agree with that one... free items are pretty much self explanatory, just ask yourself... did you get it free??? then it counts as a free item, did ya have to pay for it??? paid item, is it no longer available or no link??? MISC category, that is pretty simple if you ask me. Don't know what all the confusion is about, the rules are pretty much a no brainer for the most part.

Well, not really, if you got it free 2 years ago but it's no longer free, it's not a freebie.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

I agree with that one... free items are pretty much self explanatory, just ask yourself... did you get it free??? then it counts as a free item, did ya have to pay for it??? paid item, is it no longer available or no link??? MISC category, that is pretty simple if you ask me. Don't know what all the confusion is about, the rules are pretty much a no brainer for the most part.

Well, not really, if you got it free 2 years ago but it's no longer free, it's not a freebie.

then your next thought should be, do I have to pay for it now?? then it's a paid item, is it no longer available, then MISC

TOO EASY DRILL SERGEANT... MAY I HAVE ANOTHER

edited December 1969

just funnin' with ya on the drill sergeant thing... bad sense if movie humor I guess.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    just funnin' with ya on the drill sergeant thing... bad sense if movie humor I guess.

I thought it was funny.

edited June 2012

whew... *wipes sweat off of forehead*
    don't want to tick off the admins around here, get booted from the forum.
    *throws a pie @ fixmypcmike and runs off before he can throw one back*

Post edited by jeeperz on
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    So here is a preview of my donation. A puff and some predraped cloth...

I had a blast making it, and reserve myself the right to add some more things to it :)

Little Miss Muffet....Looks really great! It gives me some ideas about next year's contest. Oh wait...can't use it. No links...so would it count as a paid item?

Y'all are makin' my head hurt...

If music will agree I can put it in an year or so on 4shared, or DA... then you will have your links :D ...

LOL Dana.. Purple is nice.. the cloth has a diffuse colour, and the texture is plain, so can easily change the colours trought the surface/material tab... thinking to do the same for the puff.. for now made purple.

thanks jepeerz.. someone is in a good mood ( I'm so jelous)

yes music, send you PM ( had stayed little to late yesterday, so I didn't think of that)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

correct! See, not that hard to figure out!

:-)

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

LMAO!

:lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

LMAO!

Us mods/admins stick together, so........................................

Pie_IN_THE_FACE_by_green_watches.jpg
    400 x 307 - 23K
    edited June 2012

...ok folks, how about some fun?
    mini contest time

time to play "BAG THE HAG"!!!!!!

Here's how we do it. You get a character (free or paid for), male or female, and you make them all buff, a hunk or a cutie, pose them in a scene and put my Hag Bag over their head. Before you bag them though, you must make the face butt ugly, as ugly as has ever been! The face must remain human though, no animal faces, or robot faces. Then place the bag over the head and pose them. Post a render of it, keep another immediate copy of it saved as a scene because you will be asked later to unbag them and post the exact scene again without the bag. So, we have a georgous body (no nudity) with a swimsuit at least, and a bag hiding a horrific face.

I will take entries for about three or four days, depending on how many are posted. I will announce the ending of taking entries a day before we actually quit taking them as a heads up. Then everyone up in here will vote for a favorite one. There will be three finalists according to the amount of votes posted in here. The three finalists will be announced, the I will pm each and ask that they come back in and unbag them. They will post a second render of the exact scene (nothing changed except the removal of the bag). The once again, you folks will vote for a winner by posting your vote here. I will then review everything and select a winner. That winner will win a copy of my 1966 Pontiac GTO "Monkeemobile".

You must use the Hag Bag I am providing for this. You can get it in .pp2 or .obj formats. There is also a template included if you need to decorate it in any way. Get creative. There are no limits on what you use, no links required, free or paid can be used. Must be a pinup style scene inside or outside with character posed. There can only be one character with the bag on per render entry. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a different scene completely. Can't just move your character around in a similar scene. Must be a different character each time you enter.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52489/browse/11/Poser/Hag-Bag-Poser-Version

http://www.sharecg.com/v/34908/browse/11/Poser/HAG-BAG

(Below are a few examples of past entries, and a quick render of the prize to be given)

OK....LET'S GO!

:shut:

MonkeeMobileDaz1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 47K
    GamerGrrlHagUnBagged2.jpg
    734 x 950 - 466K
    GamerGrrlHagBag2.jpg
    734 x 950 - 469K
    Skywalker77HagUnBagged3.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 259K
    Skywalker77HagBag3.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 258K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

LMAO!

Us mods/admins stick together, so........................................

dang... got me cho

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Krissy said:
    So here is a preview of my donation. A puff and some predraped cloth...

I had a blast making it, and reserve myself the right to add some more things to it :)

Little Miss Muffet....Looks really great! It gives me some ideas about next year's contest. Oh wait...can't use it. No links...so would it count as a paid item?

Y'all are makin' my head hurt...

If music will agree I can put it in an year or so on 4shared, or DA... then you will have your links :D ...

LOL Dana.. Purple is nice.. the cloth has a diffuse colour, and the texture is plain, so can easily change the colours trought the surface/material tab... thinking to do the same for the puff.. for now made purple.

thanks jepeerz.. someone is in a good mood ( I'm so jelous)

yes music, send you PM ( had stayed little to late yesterday, so I didn't think of that)

yeah... life's been handing me a bunch of lemons lately, decided I'd make lemonade instead of tears out of it. this place is the only place I can really have fun and not think about things.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    mini contest time

Here's how we do it. You get a character (free or paid for), male or female, and you make them all buff, a hunk or a cutie, pose them in a scene and put my Hag Bag over their head. Before you bag them though, you must make the face butt ugly, as ugly as has ever been! The face must remain human though, no animal faces, or robot faces. Then place the bag over the head and pose them. Post a render of it, keep another immediate copy of it saved as a scene because you will be asked later to unbag them and post the exact scene again without the bag. So, we have a georgous body (no nudity) with a swimsuit at least, and a bag hiding a horrific face.

I will take entries for about three or four days, depending on how many are posted. I will announce the ending of taking entries a day before we actually quit taking them as a heads up. Then everyone up in here will vote for a favorite one. There will be three finalists according to the amount of votes posted in here. The three finalists will be announced, the I will pm each and ask that they come back in and unbag them. They will post a second render of the exact scene (nothing changed except the removal of the bag). The once again, you folks will vote for a winner by posting your vote here. I will then review everything and select a winner. That winner will win a copy of my 1966 Pontiac GTO "Monkeemobile".

You must use the Hag Bag I am providing for this. You can get it in .pp2 or .obj formats. There is also a template included if you need to decorate it in any way. Get creative. There are no limits on what you use, no links required, free or paid can be used. Must be a pinup style scene inside or outside with character posed. There can only be one character with the bag on per render entry. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a different scene completely. Can't just move your character around in a similar scene. Must be a different character each time you enter.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52489/browse/11/Poser/Hag-Bag-Poser-Version

http://www.sharecg.com/v/34908/browse/11/Poser/HAG-BAG

(Below are a few examples of past entries, and a quick render of the prize to be given)

OK....LET'S GO!

gonna be very busy the next few days, hopt I can do another bag the hag... it's soooo fun

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

yeah... life's been handing me a bunch of lemons lately, decided I'd make lemonade instead of tears out of it. this place is the only place I can really have fun and not think about things.

Welcome to the club.. seriously. *gives jepperz a glass of margarita*

We should all round up and corner life in dark alley... I got so mych lately that didn't even felt like making lemonade... or even picking the darn things from the ground...

And as there are admins here I will ask.. anyone knows how to get notification of the tread.. I am getting all the time unsubscribed from it :/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you got all the boxes ticked in your profile control panel at the top right of the forum screen, click on your control panel, and then from the left hand menu click Email settings and see what is checked.

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited June 2012

Tank Girls!

All girls are Aiko 3
    Center girl:
    June for A3 #
    Mitsu Hair #
    bat lingerie set
    ear studs #
    Girl on right:
    Elwing for Aiko #
    Short layered hair
    Girl on left:
    Aleona hair #
    A3 bikini at bottom of page
    Background:
    Cyclorama, free content with DAZ/Studio 2.3
    hovertank Daz weekly freebie #
    cooler #
    towel #
    blanket #
    blanket txt #
    step ladder #
    candy & juice boxes Trumarcar freebies
    Items with bad links:
    Tawnie for V3 skin texture - paid item - Renderosity - no longer available #
    flip flops # -link broken
    A-style bikini & A-style textures - newsletter freebie - RDNA - link lost
    pipboy model - link broken #
    # - Sites require registration.
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    Rendered in Daz Studio 2.3 no postwork.

tank!_2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 138K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

Sir, I got a few other once that might be a bit harder.
    Renders used in renders for instance. Last month this was up and a render used in a render was ruled to be a texture like any other texture. That's fine, only this month a render used in a render is part of the final render and that's confusing.
    And I still haven't got an clear answer about the aspen I used last month. Repeating the information I can't make sense of is not much help, actually I find it a bit rude.

Cheers! Oom
    edit typo

coverD.jpg
    300 x 225 - 41K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Have you got all the boxes ticked in your profile control panel at the top right of the forum screen, click on your control panel, and then from the left hand menu click Email settings and see what is checked.

thank you chohole. I have all boxes checked, but notifications come really at random. one day I can get all of them, and some days I do not get any at all... ( before I had no problem with any emails from DAZ since the change, they are really crazy.. And I do not complain ;) )

Tank Girls!

All girls are Aiko 3

Center girl:

June for A3 #
    Mitsu Hair #
    bat lingerie set
    ear studs #

Girl on right:

Elwing for Aiko #
    Short layered hair

Girl on left:

Aleona hair #

Background:

cooler #
    towel #
    blanket #
    blanket txt #
    step ladder #

Items with bad links:

Sites with # require registration.

Nice entry Nighthawk... They do look like they mean buissness....

I checked the links, and they do work, only please let us know if registration is requierd to get the freebie ( like on renderosity, or sharecg)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Tank Girls!

All girls are Aiko 3

Center girl:

June for A3 #
    Mitsu Hair #
    bat lingerie set
    ear studs #

Girl on right:

Elwing for Aiko #
    Short layered hair

Girl on left:

Aleona hair #

Background:

cooler #
    towel #
    blanket #
    blanket txt #
    step ladder #

Items with bad links:

Sites with # require registration.

Nice entry Nighthawk... They do look like they mean buissness....

I checked the links, and they do work, only please let us know if registration is requierd to get the freebie ( like on renderosity, or sharecg)

OK, sorry about that , just noticed you did mention the regestration sites *hitting her self in the forhead*

• goldschopfgoldschopf Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Wow, there are some really great renders so far in the competition!

edited December 1969

Tank Girls!

All girls are Aiko 3
    Center girl:
    June for A3 #
    Mitsu Hair #
    bat lingerie set
    ear studs #
    Girl on right:
    Elwing for Aiko #
    Short layered hair
    Girl on left:
    Aleona hair #
    Background:
    cooler #
    towel #
    blanket #
    blanket txt #
    step ladder #
    Items with bad links:

Very nicely done. Good to see Aiko used three times. Also first entry with the Daz weekly freeby in it. It is good for the month in here. All your links check good. You have the required Trumarcar freebie. You are good to go.

tank!_2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 138K
    edited June 2012

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

Renders used in renders for instance. Last month this was up and a render used in a render was ruled to be a texture like any other texture. That's fine, only this month a render used in a render is part of the final render and that's confusing.
    And I still haven't got an clear answer about the aspen I used last month. Repeating the information I can't make sense of is not much help, actually I find it a bit rude.
    Cheers! Oom
    edit typo
    I think I know the entry you are talking about this month. It has three pinup rendered girls in the main render with a guy at a desk looking at them like a photo shoot. The reason that one was ok, is each render was listed and shown seperately with freebies within each listed with working links.

If the one you are talking about last month was by Alexa Sears, I think she specifically asked if she could use it as a texture, I allowed that.
    also, like I told Lord Ganthor, you do not have to claim everything you use in you entry. Just as long as you have the minimum 10 freebies required, and a Trumarcar freebie, that qualifies you. You can have a thousand items in the entry, but only the paid limit is allowed for paid fors.

I am sorry if you see us as rude. Believe me, we are not.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Tank Girls!

All girls are Aiko 3
    Center girl:
    June for A3 #
    Mitsu Hair #
    bat lingerie set
    ear studs #
    Girl on right:
    Elwing for Aiko #
    Short layered hair
    Girl on left:
    Aleona hair #
    Background:
    cooler #
    towel #
    blanket #
    blanket txt #
    step ladder #
    Items with bad links:

3 hotties, nice nitehawk, I like it alot

edited December 1969

got a quick ?? for you nitehawk, what is on the girl in the middle's arm. I can't tell.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

Cheers! Oom
    edit typo

what was your question about the aspen Oom??? I think we missed that one is why you haven't gotten an answer.

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I think I know the entry you are talking about this month. It has three pinup rendered girls in the main render with a guy at a desk looking at them like a photo shoot. The reason that one was ok, is each render was listed and shown seperately with freebies within each listed with working links.

If the one you are talking about last month was by Alexa Sears, I think she specifically asked if she could use it as a texture, I allowed that.
    also, like I told Lord Ganthor, you do not have to claim everything you use in you entry. Just as long as you have the minimum 10 freebies required, and a Trumarcar freebie, that qualifies you. You can have a thousand items in the entry, but only the paid limit is allowed for paid fors.

I am sorry if you see us as rude. Believe me, we are not.

So for renders in renders it is: "Any witch way you like it", that is fine.
    That you don't have to link al the freebies you use, I had already figured that one out. I try to link as much as I can because the links is one of the purposes with the Challenge.
    I am still curious about the aspen as it has some principal value on how you count generators. I am hoping for a "No" because that would make some sense. "The link is not to whatever is used in the render, so it is not valid." But I suspect things are not that logical.
    Simple rules don't make strait line as they give a lot of wiggling space for the things that is not directly covered. I am trying to find that strait line but there is so much wiggling that it is impossible for me to tell where it is.

Cheers! Oom

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    mini contest time

Woo hoo! Time to get QUEASY!! :sick:

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    got a quick ?? for you nitehawk, what is on the girl in the middle's arm. I can't tell.

It's a pipboy.
    Check the link for the thread in the old forum. The links at Hotfile are dead. If you PM the creator, he might repost the file.
    edited December 1969

thanks, it's cool