Daz Studio Lightning Plugin and Products Recommendation?

noahimselfnoahimself Posts: 41
edited August 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm looking for a good lightning product/plugin for Daz Studio. I mainly need it for 2D reference so I prioritize accurate shadow shapes with very fast render speed.

I already saw some great popular options, which one do you think is best for me and is there any other you would recommend?

Advanced DAZ Studio Light Bundle

InaneGlory's Photo Studio - Point and Shoot​

Ultimate DAZ Studio Lights​

Advanced Ambient Light

Light n' Go - 14 in 1 bundle

Post edited by noahimself on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Light n' Go sets are for DS3 only, so probably not what you need.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989

The lights you selected are all for 3Delight rendering. Is that what you are looking for?

Advanced DAZ Studio Light Bundle is recommended; is has very fast rendering times, is easy to use for all type of scenes. For example, I can decently light most scenes by simply using the AOA ambient light, and either the spot- or distant light. Advanced Ambient Studio Light is part of that Light bundle.

IG Photo Studio gives very good results if you are simply posing a figure. It works like a photo studio.

DAZ Studio Lights works with DS 4.6, I don't know if it works with 4.9

• noahimselfnoahimself Posts: 41
    edited September 2016

Yes, I'm not familiar with rendering, but after snooping around it seems 3Delight seems to suit 2D artists the best since the render doesn't take too long, but looks decent. (If I'm wrong about this please correct me)

I'll get Advanced DAZ Studio LIght Bundle then, it looks promising!

Can anyone here confirm if Ultimate DAZ Studio Lights is compatible with DAZ Studio 4.9? I want to try it out too

Also if anyone have more suggestions for awesome lighting products not in the list, please do post it here!

Post edited by noahimself on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

3Delight is only faster than Iray when you know the tricks to lighting, don't expect any pre-built light set to be a magically solution.