daz studio 3

SaitoSaito Posts: 38
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

was wanting to redownload studio 3 any one know where i can get it in the forms

Comments

• edited December 1969

C|NET still has 3.1.2.32, the terminal version of Studio 3, available here: http://download.cnet.com/DAZ-Studio/3000-6677_4-11750934.html

Or, you know, alternately you could go into your order history and reset the download, here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Daz Studio Discussion Forum as it is not an Offer of a freebie.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

That explains why I couldn't find DAZ Studio Discussions in the list of forums to move to.

As ThinMick says, if you nought DS3 you should be able to get it from your order history.. There was a link on the old forums, but I doubt it's still working after the site change.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

The download on cnet only gives a downloader for DS4.5. I searched my account top to bottom, all I can find is the serial for DS3 and some faerie set I didn't even know I had. I don't see any way to get DS3 back and it just had to be on the only backup disk I can't find.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

All we can suggest is opening a support ticket, especially if you need it to use plugins that have not been updated for DS4.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I have searched high and low, and it appears that DAZis engaged in an aggressive campaign to delete all prior versions of Daz Studio, which makes me furious. I have been unable to get my non-metadata content to load in Daz4 in either the SmartContent (obviously, as this is the meta database) OR IN THE CONTENT LIBRARY that should be able to load all content. I get incorrectly formatted scripts of S4, M4, and V4.2 that requires a base figure that they can't find, and that I should rename that base figure so it can. Now I understand one can get only so much milage out of a certain version before you have to make changes to a program, and thus add new content. What baffles me is that Daz is aggressively deleting versions that have content that is not forward-compatible to later versions.
    I have tested both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Daz4.0.3.7 and Daz 4.5. Going through the runtime directory it shows the folders but when I choose he folderthere are no icons to click. I have moved my runtimes to merge with the defaut one that DAZ installs with its own content (Genesis). Still won't show. So why is Daz doing this? Why arent < gen 4 figures compatibable anymore? I've had this problem from systems running Vista, 7,8, and XP on Gateway, Dell and HP systems. So the issue isn't the computer and/or operating system. I've seen the copyright claim on every site cite the reason DAZ 3 has been removed- I've tried german and french sites and they likewise have removed the download. It is just not to be found anywhere. And given its exclusivity to new product only, I find this a virtual digital 'racial cleansing' (inflammatory but true) to be reprehensible and a slap in the face to Daz developers that have brought DAZ where it is today.

I beg someone make me an ass of myself and provide me a working link of Daz.3.1.1.73. I welcome the shame, humiliation, and even more, to reclaim usage of ALL my content I have purchased over the last six years. It will be well worth it.

edited December 1969

I use a lot of older items, so I never used the "Smart" Content for the reasons you mentioned, but the basic content manager in DS4, back when I still had it, worked with most of my older Poser content. Victoria 2&3, Laura, even the old Gen2 kids were able to load. Even non-Daz figures worked--except when I needed to use PMDs, but that's another matter. The process used for them was the exact same as it was in DS3, just add your Poser runtimes as "Poser" rather than "DAZ Studio" folders. Otherwise, it'll filter out all non-Daz files, just like DS3 did.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

I beg someone make me an ass of myself and provide me a working link of Daz.3.1.1.73. I welcome the shame, humiliation, and even more, to reclaim usage of ALL my content I have purchased over the last six years. It will be well worth it.
    In every case that I am aware of, contacting Sales Support via the ticket system has resulted in the requester receiving a download of DS3.
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    In every case that I am aware of, contacting Sales Support via the ticket system has resulted in the requester receiving a download of DS3.

Ditto. I lost my DS4 installers with the ones for DS3, but I haven't found the need for it.

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Same here. I needed the Dynamic Cloth Controller for DS3 as that version is not in the history anymore. I opened a support ticket and within a few hours was provided the links to re-download that file. Open a support tickect and I am sure customer service will take care of it promptly.

edited December 1969

And NOW I found another backup I forgot I had. :facepalm: Got DS3 and DS4, along with Bryce and a few others. I'm going to find a better place to keep them this time.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

In my Itemized order history
    https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/itemizedHistory/?limit=50
    it is under the "DAZ Squirrel" as "DAZ Studio 3 Advanced".
    Maybe this helps for future searchs?

edited December 1969

That doesn't point others to your list. Only you can see your list. lol

The people with the free version of DS3 apparently won't have it because it wasn't counted as "purchase". All we got was a serial number.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

And again, if you contact Sales Support, they'll gladly send you a link.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Read the date on the post!

• Hi All,

Please somebody help me, i search a old version de DAZ 3d 3.10 i crash my DD Please Please Please Help me :-(

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited April 2023

lachtiantillaise said:

Hi All,

Please somebody help me, i search a old version de DAZ 3d 3.10 i crash my DD Please Please Please Help me :-(

Did you look in your product library? Also, you can try putting in a support ticket. Only Daz can assist you on this. Other customer may not do so.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on