Creating Morphs in Hexagon

Hi, I have a problem by creating and saving morphs between DAZ and Hexagon. Here is my problem, what I did and what I want to know.

I made a pair of shoes for G3F. I created a basic model and sent it to DAZ. It worked fine. Later I made morphs for the shoes the following way:

-Sent the model to hexagon

-Created the morph (used UV-Brushes and changed the position of the polygones, did not ad or delate polygones)

-Save the morph as a hexagon file

-Sent to DAZ

-Save the morph

I found a mistake in the morph. I load the morphfile in hexagon, changed the mistake and saved it again. In the forum I found following tip -when the conection between DAZ and Hexagon was cut, go to DAZ sent the model to Hexagon, load the morph and sent it back to DAZ and you could save the morph again.

I tried it but it did not work. Everytime I sent the morph to DAZ it created a new model instead to open the "save it as..." dialog.

What do I wrong?

How could I save the change as a morph again?

How could I creat a morph over a few days with breaks so there would be no stady connection between DAZ Studio and Hexagon ?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

on the right side of Hexagon where it has the name of the object selected, make sure that name matches the name of your shoes in Daz. When it has the same name, then Daz will ask if you want to create a new object or morph.

• Thank you. It works. Is there something more I sould know about this problem and the solution?

My guess is that when it has a different name than anything currently in the scene, then Daz assumes it's a new model.

• Another question about morphs. I made a pair of boots, too. I want the sole morph which I made for the shoes at the boots, too. Is there a way or a trick to ad the morph from the shoes to the boots?

I used the foot part of the shoe for the boot. I had the following idea. I load the sole morphed shoe and the boot. Then I combine the upper part of the boot with the morphed shoe part and welt the two parts. It did not work. I know to creat a morph it is forbiddden change the polygon structure. You could change the size or position of the polyons but not the number.

Another changing example I found in the store. There is a set of different shoes, for G2F I thought. The shoes could be combined with each other. For example the sole of shoe one with the bootleg of shoe three. How work this combination?

Thank you for your help

Manfred

Morphs won't work if the polygons in the mesh are different :(

This also means that mophs don't work if you delete part of a model or add to it.

• Even when the mesh is the same only combined?

• Even when the mesh is the same only combined?

Yes - when loading a morph DS just compares the location of vertex 0 in the original with the location of vertex 0 in the morph, the location of vertex 1 in the original with the location of vertex 1 in the morph, and so on, then it makes a list of the changes which consitute the morph. Anything that modifies the number of vertices wil break the match up completely, anything that changes the order without changing the count will cause the morph to generate the right outline, but with the the surface inside the boundary looking like a transporter malfunction.

• Is there another way to use the shoe morph by the boots? Like copy the changes or anything else?

I do not want to make the full creating process again. Because I used the UV-Brush tools and they are not very methodicaly, they are more intuitively (hope it is right and understandable).

• I'm not very familiar with working in Hexagon - if there's a way to load both shoe and boot as separate layers (mesh objects) and use one to constrain the shaping of the other you should be able to do it.

• Could you explain a little bit deeper how that work, please?

• I'm not sure that it does work in Hexagon, I was hopng someone who is familiar with it would be able to say "ah yes, you do that like so".

• Sorry I meant if you could explain how does it work not in the program only description what should I do. Or at least what does the constrain the shaping mean?

• Many applications allow you to paint to move a "foreground" mesh until it hits a "background" mesh, at which point it stops. So you could have the unmorphed item as the foreground, the morphed as the background, and use the sculpting tools (hopefully) to push or pull the unmorphed item in/out until it hit the morphed - that way you would copy the shape from the one item to the other, without changing the vertex order. Delete the background item, export the foerground (now morphed) and you should be done.

• I will try it. Thank you