Morph Loading Problem

JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379

Hello!

I've been trying to figure out how to export morphs from Blacksmith 3D into DAZ 3D. I created a quick head morph and then tried to export the morph and I keep getting an error message every time I try to actually import the morph. I created a video of the problem and put it on Vimeo to show you the steps that I am using just to make sure I'm not missing something along the way.

Link removed

Thanks,

Jason

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

The log file reports a "vertex count mismatch" — one common cause of that is the modelling program you used to create the morph didn't preserve the exact vertex arrangement, which is vitally important when you're adding a morph to a mesh.

Another possibility is that the morph mesh must be the complete object — previous DAZ figure models allowed only exporting/importing the body parts that are morphed, but all the Genesis figures are created as one undivided object, so morph modellers can't do that any more. Did you export the whole figure out of Blacksmith, or just the head?

• The mesh in Blacksmit was clearly not the base mesh - it's at the export from DS stage that you must set resolution to base, not on importing.

I've removed the link as you had the nude figure in texture Shaded preview - please use Smooth Shaded if you need to show an unclothed figure.

• Thanks! That was the problem. I hadn't originally exported the base mesh. Thanks for the help! Sorry about the video. I didn't even think about the fact that poor G3M was less than clothed.

Jason