Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD V for Victory

14445464850

Comments

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Just because I can, I'm going to have a stupid Christmas.

    Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to all.

    Have yourself a stupid little Christmas,
    Let your head be light
    From now on,
    our troubles will be out of sight


    Have yourself a stupid little Christmas,
    Make the Yule-tide gay,
    From now on,
    our troubles will be miles away.

    Here we are as in olden days,
    Happy golden days of yore.
    Forum friends who are dear to us
    Laugh and sneer with us once more.

    Through the years
    We all will be together,
    If the Fates allow
    Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
    And have yourself a stupid little Christmas now.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

    Wow!! Nice poem and straight to the heart!Wiat! I missed the Stupid X-Mas Poem? Must remember this thread grows fast some days. Thank You tjohn. Nice one.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

    Here's the forecast from this morning's Austin paper:

    An overnight freeze is expected for most of the Hill Country as a strong cold front is expected to make its way through Central Texas by early afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.

    The high for Christmas Day for the greater Austin area is expected to be 64 degrees, while the low tonight should be 27, according to the service.

    The front will bring gusty northwest winds and dry air into the region, the service said, clearing out the clouds and bringing mostly sunny skies this afternoon.

    Before then, however, there’s a 50 percent chance strong thunderstorms could develop through mid-morning, the service said. A few storms could become severe, bringing large hair and damaging wind gusts, the service said.

    The service has placed a wind advisory into effect for all of South Central Texas today from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Winds are expected to reach 25 to 35 miles per hour, with gusts up to 40 mph, the service said.

    My hair is waist-length, so I'm heeding the warning and staying inside.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,126
    edited December 1969

    bringing large hair and damaging wind gusts,

    ...both the Red Cross and FEMA are asking for any barbers and stylists who can to volunteer assistance for the follicle stricken region to contact their local offices immediately. Emergency supplies of shampoo, conditioner and styling mousse along with extra scissors, clippers, hair dryers, and mobile generators are already being loaded aboard aircraft of the New York and California Air reserve units in preparation.

    ...we will of course have continuing coverage of "Hairpocalypse 2012" as the story unfolds.

    ...this segment of the afternoon news sponsored by Clairol.

  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    bringing large hair and damaging wind gusts,

    ...both the Red Cross and FEMA are asking for any barbers and stylists who can to volunteer assistance for the follicle stricken region to contact their local offices immediately. Emergency supplies of shampoo, conditioner and styling mousse along with extra scissors, clippers, hair dryers, and mobile generators are already being loaded aboard aircraft of the New York and California Air reserve units in preparation.

    ...we will of course have continuing coverage of "Hairpocalypse 2012" as the story unfolds.

    ...this segment of the afternoon news sponsored by Clairol.

    Lets go to our on scene report Kathy.. what can you tell us? is is really that bad out there... ah hmm never mind, lets go to commerical..

    hairpocolypse.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 304K
  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,062
    edited December 1969

    Gotta love those typos. :lol:

  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

    Just as Alessandro's LAMH was released... I wonder if there's a connection (`.`)...

    Post edited by M F M on
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    Crap I am hungry.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,126
    edited December 1969

    ...same here, No food at home because of a broken refrigerator and most places are closed for the holiday.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...same here, No food at home because of a broken refrigerator and most places are closed for the holiday.

    I got some yogurt that I am eating.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,126
    edited December 1969

    ...don't even have that as it needs to be refrigerated.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...don't even have that as it needs to be refrigerated.

    Oh dear!

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

    Thanks for the hair-raising posts. I knew this group would appreciate the weather forecast. I did not go outside to see how windy it was, no people outside on my street, but our canvas gazebo moved another 2'.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    No food Way Bad, (from complaint thread) No heat Way Bad, (from weather hair) high winds Not Super Bad, Tornados in Alabama on Christmas Day, now that was just not Right. Just two that I know of and they were way down south of me but I feel so bad for my distant neighbors that had to deal with that today. Mother Nature can be a REAL MOTHER someimes.

    Yea, I know, Nothing Stupid about this post. I just had to get it out of my system, which is kinda Stupid.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

    Your tornados hit over in East Texas. My mother's bank in Lovelady was evidently hit and one building 13 miles north in Crockett. Another one touched down in Pennington (about 13 miles east of my mother's house). Thank goodness she's living with my sister in Arizona. No word yet on whether her house in Lovelady is okay or not.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    Your tornados hit over in East Texas. My mother's bank in Lovelady was evidently hit and one building 13 miles north in Crockett. Another one touched down in Pennington (about 13 miles east of my mother's house). Thank goodness she's living with my sister in Arizona. No word yet on whether her house in Lovelady is okay or not.
    Ouch, we had a Wedge Tornado hit Mobile here, those are the LARGE ones but I've not heard what catagory it was. I'm hoping for it to have been an EF 0, those are mild even if they are huge. (Did you figure out the gift? I hope.)
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    bringing large hair and damaging wind gusts,

    ...both the Red Cross and FEMA are asking for any barbers and stylists who can to volunteer assistance for the follicle stricken region to contact their local offices immediately. Emergency supplies of shampoo, conditioner and styling mousse along with extra scissors, clippers, hair dryers, and mobile generators are already being loaded aboard aircraft of the New York and California Air reserve units in preparation.

    ...we will of course have continuing coverage of "Hairpocalypse 2012" as the story unfolds.

    ...this segment of the afternoon news sponsored by Clairol.

    :lol:

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Okay here we go, some REAL Stupid for the Stupid Thread... You ready?

    My New Years Resolution. Have my Itemized Order History Cleared by the nice folks here at Daz3D.
    Then start at Page one and ReSet every item I've ever got, Free and Payed for, so I only have Updated files.
    Back up the New Collection to DVD's and my External Hard Drive. Then the Fun will really Start.
    Delete ALL my none Daz Content Folders, DS3 Content, DS4.5 My Library, Content Free (one I made) and
    Then Re-Install everything again. I'm thinking January is taken care of this year.

    How is that for STUPID?

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 31,126
    edited December 2012

    ...how about, you rendered a scene while online that made use of both raytracing and IBL and it finished fine.

    Then when you get home you make two tiny colour adjustments, render the same scene while offline and it constantly crashes with 1 to 2% to go before finishing.

    That is really STUPID.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...how about, you rendered a scene while online that made use of both raytracing and IBL and it finished fine.

    Then when you get home you make two tiny colour adjustments, render the same scene while offline and it constantly crashes with 1 to 2% to go before finishing.

    That is really STUPID.

    Yep, you win. Can not top that.
  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,062
    edited December 1969

    AtticAnne said:
    Thanks for the hair-raising posts. I knew this group would appreciate the weather forecast. I did not go outside to see how windy it was, no people outside on my street, but our canvas gazebo moved another 2'.

    How hairy did the weather turn out, Anne?
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    It is rainy and rainy and rainy outside while it is raining also

  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...how about, you rendered a scene while online that made use of both raytracing and IBL and it finished fine.

    Then when you get home you make two tiny colour adjustments, render the same scene while offline and it constantly crashes with 1 to 2% to go before finishing.

    That is really STUPID.


    situations like this make me want to put on the tinfoil hat.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

    Got the GC credited to my account and I am overwhelmed by your generosity. No idea what to spend it on yet. Thank you again and again.

  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    AtticAnne said:
    Thanks for the hair-raising posts. I knew this group would appreciate the weather forecast. I did not go outside to see how windy it was, no people outside on my street, but our canvas gazebo moved another 2'.

    How hairy did the weather turn out, Anne?a

    I didn't watch the news so I don't know how it was in other parts of town. Not too hairy at my house other than the wandering gazebo.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    I cannot figure out if I my pc membership renewed or not.

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    I cannot figure out if I my pc membership renewed or not.
    Easy, can you get in the Members Forum? Yes, your in, No, your not.
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    I cannot figure out if I my pc membership renewed or not.
    Easy, can you get in the Members Forum? Yes, your in, No, your not.

    Just went to the green box thread and was able to go into it and post.

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 10,062
    edited December 1969

    It is rainy and rainy and rainy outside while it is raining also

    Is it cloudy? Sometimes that will cause rain. :)
    file_533229.jpg
    800 x 600 - 284K
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    It is rainy and rainy and rainy outside while it is raining also

    Is it cloudy? Sometimes that will cause rain. :)

    Love the render!

    How many seamless abstract tiles would be worth 15 American cents? I am thinking of working on some seamless abstract tiles, but I want to know how many do I need to make to set the price to fifteen cents? I do not want to over charge anyone.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 21,215
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    It is rainy and rainy and rainy outside while it is raining also

    Is it cloudy? Sometimes that will cause rain. :)

    Love the render!

    How many seamless abstract tiles would be worth 15 American cents? I am thinking of working on some seamless abstract tiles, but I want to know how many do I need to make to set the price to fifteen cents? I do not want to over charge anyone.

    How about I sell them a penny per image? Amazon can give GC as low as 15 american cents, so minimum of fifteen and the max is how many that are already made.

This discussion has been closed.