Saving scenes as picture images

I need to know how do I save scene as a picture? Whenever I try to  save the scene as such to my pictures,it saves it alright put it's the size of a stamp!   Am I suppose to  render it in some way so it'll stay the same size on the panal screen I copyed it off of?

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

You have to render to make a scene into a 2D picture. The Render Settings tab gives you the iopportunity to specify the size.

• Once rendered, if you don't render directly to file, you can use the save options at the bottom of the render window or go to File>Save Last Render.

• Thank you for answering. but thats the thing, I'm relatively new Daz and ran into issues,this is one of the first of them. How do I export the scene to my picture files? I used to have Poser (got mine when you could still find it in electronic stores like Best Buy and Frys) ,and with it I just clicked on export and clicked "save image as picture" of that scene moment as picture before I moved on with anymore action in it. I would then take the images and paste them together to a blank "picture" frame in my picture files and line them like a page of a comic book. Oh and by the way if I want to add words to the characters how would I type on their conversations,comments,etc.in the image?

• You need to render first (or use soemthing like the Windows Snipping Tool to capture the viewport, but that's imprecise). If you want a very basic preview-style image go to the Render Settings pane and set the render Engine, in the Editor or Advanced tabs, to Basic OpenGL.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Whenever I try to  save the scene as such to my pictures,it saves it alright put it's the size of a stamp!

You have two completely different file types here — simply saving the scene means the file is a description of the 3D objects in the scene, how they're textured, morphed, posed etc., plus settings for lights and cameras. When you save the scene, you also save a thumbnail that lets you see the view of the current camera; this is your "size of a stamp" file. Note that the scene is not a picture file.

If you want a picture, you must render the scene (after setting up the lights, cameras, object textures and poses etc. the way you want). Wait until the render is finished (this can take minutes or hours, depending on your computer hardware, the precise setup of the scene, the lighting, and many other factors). Then you can save the render as a picture. Note that the render is not a scene file.

Yes, this means you must "save the scene twice". If you save only the scene and close D|S, you lose the render and will have to do it again. If you save only the render and close D|S, you lose your scene and will have to rebuild it completely (if you can remember exactly how you did it the first time). It's a vitally important step, and can take a bit of getting used to if you're completely new to working in 3D.

Am I suppose to  render it in some way so it'll stay the same size on the panal screen I copyed it off of?

Rendering a scene is not limited to only the size of the Viewport you can see on screen; you can render your Viewport directly if you want, but you can also set up the render size to pretty much anything you want, in the Render Settings tab.