Any chance for Treadz for Genesis 2 & 3? (NOW IN THE STORE!)

Comments

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Since we are on the topic.  Anything people would like to see in a new version of the TreadZ?

Cheers!

I'd really love to see some cute and funky options as well as a couple of additional dye channels. I'd love to be able to dye the trim, like in this photo (the pink laced shoes - I'd love to be able to have a couple of dye channels like those where the pink trim is around the top, down the front, and along the top of the sole:

Having some cute and funky shader options as well as a couple of additional dye channels would definitely make it a purchase for me. 

Here are some ideas of what I'm talking about as far as "cute and funky" lol: 

The wonderful thing about TreadZ is that hey can be combat boots splattered with blood and dirt and gore (and that's a good idea, maybe a couple bloody or dirty options), or they can be sweet and cute happy shoes. Their diversity is their strength and I love them! I hope to see them welcomed into the new generation of figures with that diversity showcased. :)

Edit - I definitely think a dirty boot option (perhaps via L.I.E.) would be pretty sweet.

"Cute and Funky"  Never thought of the TreadZ as that :D however I can see what you are saying.  I can go ahead and more material surfaces so you can color the trim like at the top of the shoe or sole.  That would be easy to do.

As a FYI, you can dirty up existing textures using geometry shells.

Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know how to do geometry shells. I'm willing to be the average Daz Studio user doesn't either. lol Having a preset for that, that comes with the product, would be great. :)

Sure preset textures are cool, but let me show you how to do geometry shells :D

That is fantastic! Dirties them up nicely! 

I even used a geoshell to make freckles! 

I love that you can save them as wearable presets - awesome! Thank you so much for the tutorial! yes

How did you make the freckles? Those came out brilliantly.

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited August 2016

You are welcome!  I think geometry shells are cool!

Okay, I converted the TreadZ to G2F, next will be G2M.  I have added some new material zones so you can trim the TreadZ out with different colors.  Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

newtrimmaterials.jpg
    863 x 973 - 138K
    Post edited by the3dwizard on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    fastbike1 said:

@divamakeup

I have to thank you again. I've never really used the "save as" presets except for Save As Scene Subset. Wearables is very useful and made me look into the other choices as well. So: Thanks yes.

You're welcome! I'm glad you discovered something new and useful (I often do here!). :D

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Okay, I converted the TreadZ to G2F, next will be G2M.  I have added some new material zones so you can trim the TreadZ out with different colors.  Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

You so rock.

When are you going to get going on the Shirtz idea I floated you on FB? :)

Cheers!

Oh, fantastic! I'm so looking forward to these! :D

edited August 2016

You so rock.

When are you going to get going on the Shirtz idea I floated you on FB? :)

So many ideas and so little time.  It's waiting on my hard drive waiting for me to finish it.

boyfriendshirt.JPG
    720 x 480 - 99K
    edited August 2016

It might for those just needing a quick fit.   When I do conversions I use a modeling program to fit the base mesh to the new figure.  It gives me more control and I haven't found a script that will do do it to my standards.  Even character morphs I do by hand as the autofits almost never look right to me, i.e. crunching in the wrong places or morphing where it shouldn't.

Since we are on the topic.  Anything people would like to see in a new version of the TreadZ?

Cheers!

I'd really love to see some cute and funky options as well as a couple of additional dye channels. I'd love to be able to dye the trim, like in this photo (the pink laced shoes - I'd love to be able to have a couple of dye channels like those where the pink trim is around the top, down the front, and along the top of the sole:

Having some cute and funky shader options as well as a couple of additional dye channels would definitely make it a purchase for me. 

Here are some ideas of what I'm talking about as far as "cute and funky" lol: 

The wonderful thing about TreadZ is that hey can be combat boots splattered with blood and dirt and gore (and that's a good idea, maybe a couple bloody or dirty options), or they can be sweet and cute happy shoes. Their diversity is their strength and I love them! I hope to see them welcomed into the new generation of figures with that diversity showcased. :)

Edit - I definitely think a dirty boot option (perhaps via L.I.E.) would be pretty sweet.

"Cute and Funky"  Never thought of the TreadZ as that :D however I can see what you are saying.  I can go ahead and more material surfaces so you can color the trim like at the top of the shoe or sole.  That would be easy to do.

As a FYI, you can dirty up existing textures using geometry shells.

Thanks for the ideas!

I don't know how to do geometry shells. I'm willing to be the average Daz Studio user doesn't either. lol Having a preset for that, that comes with the product, would be great. :)

Sure preset textures are cool, but let me show you how to do geometry shells :D

That is fantastic! Dirties them up nicely! 

I even used a geoshell to make freckles! 

I love that you can save them as wearable presets - awesome! Thank you so much for the tutorial! yes

How did you make the freckles? Those came out brilliantly.

I made a geoshell of my character and in the "face" spot in the geo's surfaces I put a cutout opacity map that I made of some spots/freckles and then in the "base color" section I changed the color to a medium brownish color. Everywhere else I dropped the geoshell's opacity to 0%. On the face I dropped the opacity to around 40%. 

The Cutout Opacity map looks something like this:

Only of course much bigger as it has to be the same size as your face texture map. 

You can also use a geoshell to do makeup the same way with a Cutout Opacity map.

There is probably a better way to do it, but that's just the way I've discovered so far. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184

Cheers!

Those look awesome!! Any chance of giving them a wdge heel morph? 

You get the distortion going from Genesis to G2F.  There is no built in template in DS to go from Genesis to G3F so the clothes/shoes just don't fit properly without additional work.

You can get almost decent results if you autofit the Genesis TreadZ to G2F using the "Unsupported" option in the AutoFit popup.  Then apply a Smoothing Modifier to the TreadZ to take care of the poke through in the shin/calf.  

Do you know when you will be releasing the Treadz for G2? I will want both the female and male for G2 Treadz. If they will be coming out in the next few weeks to a month I can hold out that long but if its going to be longer I will have to consider getting the Treadz for Genesis to be a gap filler for a bit. 

edited August 2016

You get the distortion going from Genesis to G2F.  There is no built in template in DS to go from Genesis to G3F so the clothes/shoes just don't fit properly without additional work.

You can get almost decent results if you autofit the Genesis TreadZ to G2F using the "Unsupported" option in the AutoFit popup.  Then apply a Smoothing Modifier to the TreadZ to take care of the poke through in the shin/calf.  

Do you know when you will be releasing the Treadz for G2? I will want both the female and male for G2 Treadz. If they will be coming out in the next few weeks to a month I can hold out that long but if its going to be longer I will have to consider getting the Treadz for Genesis to be a gap filler for a bit. 

Since there seems to be some interest I have put aside another project and am working on the TreadZ conversions.  My plan will be to have one G2 product with both female and male versions and to have a G3 product with both female and male versions.   The G2 female is done and moving on to the male.  I cannot set release dates but I would think you would see them by mid September.

Cheers!

Cheers!

They will have all the morphs that are in the Genesis version.  Do you mean something like one of these?  if not please point me to a reference.

Thanks,

Since there seems to be some interest I have put aside another project and am working on the TreadZ conversions.  My plan will be to have one G2 product with both female and male versions and to have a G3 product with both female and male versions.   The G2 female is done and moving on to the male.  I cannot set release dates but I would think you would see them by mid September.

Cheers!

Cheers!

They will have all the morphs that are in the Genesis version.  Do you mean something like one of these?  if not please point me to a reference.

Thanks,

The two on the bottom are the ones I was looking for 3dwizard!! You Sir, are awesome! 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited August 2016

@the3dwizard "They will have all the morphs that are in the Genesis version.  Do you mean something like one of these?  if not please point me to a reference."

You have all the variations I would want. Thanks.

Post edited by fastbike1 on

I think I can hold out until then. I am glad to hear you will be offering bot G2f and G2m in a single set. I would be picking both up either way, but I like the idea of being able to pick both up in one item. I really appreciate your stopping in on this thread and talking with us on this and I thank you for your dedication to your customers. 

After seeing the heel variations that will be coming I'm looking forward to this even more! I had no idea the Genesis version had those! Knowing this is coming is fantastic - I can't wait! :)

• Do you know when you will be releasing the Treadz for G2? I will want both the female and male for G2 Treadz. If they will be coming out in the next few weeks to a month I can hold out that long but if its going to be longer I will have to consider getting the Treadz for Genesis to be a gap filler for a bit. 

I think I can hold out until then. I am glad to hear you will be offering bot G2f and G2m in a single set. I would be picking both up either way, but I like the idea of being able to pick both up in one item. I really appreciate your stopping in on this thread and talking with us on this and I thank you for your dedication to your customers. 

Your are welcome and thanks for your support!

After seeing the heel variations that will be coming I'm looking forward to this even more! I had no idea the Genesis version had those! Knowing this is coming is fantastic - I can't wait! :)

Glad you like them!  I will have to be sure to show ALL the variations, there are a ton of morphs on them.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited August 2016

Oh boy! Let's see now...

1. JeanZ for Genesis 3 (done)

2. TreadZ for Genesis 3

3. ShirtZ for Genesis 3

4. Ultra Catsuit for Genesis 3

Looks like you'll be busy for a while, 3d! XD

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I'm definitely looking forward to the TreadZ upgrades!  And, those new material zones look great!  Are all of the other material zones the same as in previous versions because I loved that it had so many material zones for customization.   Definitely looking forward to getting the new boots to add to my collection.

• Oh boy! Let's see now...

2. TreadZ for Genesis 3

3. ShirtZ for Genesis 3

That's only stuff you know about wink

I'm definitely looking forward to the TreadZ upgrades!  And, those new material zones look great!  Are all of the other material zones the same as in previous versions because I loved that it had so many material zones for customization.   Definitely looking forward to getting the new boots to add to my collection.

All the material zones remain the same, what is shown is just new material zones.  I went through and update the material presets (both 3Delight and the new Iray ones) to load properly.  However, third party texture presets may not affect the new materials but it is easy to copy and paste the material settings.

Cheers!

Sweet!  Yeah, I can handle redoing any third party stuff!  Thanks!

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

• Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

If you don't behave I am going to pull this car over!  LOL

The G2 set is done just started on G3.  While you waiting have a look at the Iray materials.

Cheers!

04-treadz-for-genesis-2-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 269K
    05-treadz-for-genesis-2-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 251K

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

The G2 set is done just started on G3.  While you waiting have a look at the Iray materials.

Cheers!

LOL .... HHHMMMMMM ... I may have heard that a time or two as a kid while travelling. Have you thought of a boot that is taller with the same heel morphs as the Treadz? Something that goes up to just below the knee? Bad Kitten made these for V4 a ways back but still a favorite of mine. I know its a little late for the Treadz but maybe a future set of boots or maybe a taller morph? I love the Treadz for heroine boots and it seems more reasonable to give them a taller heel when they aren't trying to balance on a point the size of a pencil. 

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Oh My Goodness! This looks fantastic! I wasn't aware the boots could be lower than the calf! I may never need to buy another pair of shoes ever again. *drool*

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Those look great!  Nice!

• Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

LOL .... HHHMMMMMM ... I may have heard that a time or two as a kid while travelling. Have you thought of a boot that is taller with the same heel morphs as the Treadz? Something that goes up to just below the knee? Bad Kitten made these for V4 a ways back but still a favorite of mine. I know its a little late for the Treadz but maybe a future set of boots or maybe a taller morph? I love the Treadz for heroine boots and it seems more reasonable to give them a taller heel when they aren't trying to balance on a point the size of a pencil. 

There is a KneeHigh morph that goes up to almost to the knee.  You could run it past 100% and use the adjustment morphs for an even higher look.

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Oh My Goodness! This looks fantastic! I wasn't aware the boots could be lower than the calf! I may never need to buy another pair of shoes ever again. *drool*

Yep, this was a big change I did with the Genesis version.  You can also do a type of shoes, guess I will need to do a better job of marketing. wink

02-treadz-for-genesis-2-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 198K
    09-treadz-for-genesis-2-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 175K

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

There is a KneeHigh morph that goes up to almost to the knee.  You could run it past 100% and use the adjustment morphs for an even higher look.

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Yep, this was a big change I did with the Genesis version.  You can also do a type of shoes, guess I will need to do a better job of marketing. wink

OK I don't remember that being on the V4 version, if it already has it then please disregard, you are a step ahead of me there. I only have one more question for you. Do I just mail my credit card to you or will you take direct paypal deposits? laugh

edited August 2016

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

WHAA!? Oy - these are the most amazing boots I've ever seen here! One would literally never have to buy another pair of boots ..like ever. lol With this one boot it looks like (between mixing and matching the heel styles as well as the boot style/height) there are a crazy amount of possibilities to create wildly different boots. Mix in a few different shader options that take advantage of the MANY mat zones and it sounds like there are an insane amount of variations possible with this boot. I hope you're able to market it so that people can see how massively diverse these boots are! People are literally getting like a TON of different boots in one. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Oh boy! Let's see now...

2. TreadZ for Genesis 3

3. ShirtZ for Genesis 3

Jesus! What else are you doing? O_O

edited August 2016

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

OK I don't remember that being on the V4 version, if it already has it then please disregard, you are a step ahead of me there. I only have one more question for you. Do I just mail my credit card to you or will you take direct paypal deposits? laugh

It wasn't in the V4 version, just the Genesis one and paypal is fine wink

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

Are they here yet? 

Are they here yet?? 

ARE THEY HERE YET???? 

Cheers!

WHAA!? Oy - these are the most amazing boots I've ever seen here! One would literally never have to buy another pair of boots ..like ever. lol With this one boot it looks like (between mixing and matching the heel styles as well as the boot style/height) there are a crazy amount of possibilities to create wildly different boots. Mix in a few different shader options that take advantage of the MANY mat zones and it sounds like there are an insane amount of variations possible with this boot. I hope you're able to market it so that people can see how massively diverse these boots are! People are literally getting like a TON of different boots in one. 

I do try to make things versatile.  There are also toe shaping morphs (see attached) and don't forget ForbiddenWhispers textures  smiley

Oh boy! Let's see now...

2. TreadZ for Genesis 3

3. ShirtZ for Genesis 3

Jesus! What else are you doing? O_O

Oh sure, I tell you, you tell someone else and the next thing you know, we're in the middle of another ice age. laugh

03-treadz-for-genesis-2-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 197K

@the3dwizard AND toe-shaping morphs!? *dies*

You can totally market this as "The most versatile footwear you'll ever own". It sounds like you could mix and match and get 100's of different boots.

I've never been this excited over the release of a wearable. These sound (and look) amazing! I can't wait!