Installing V4

mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
edited December 1969 in New Users

I think I have figured out how to install Genesis content, but I just purchased one of the V4 bundles and I am trying to figure out what to install.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6 on a PC Win7 64 bit machine. I don't have DS 4.0 and I don't have Poser. I just want to install for DS 4.5.

The order had two V4.2++ installers, described as:

ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe - pc
ps_pe069_Victoria4DS.exe - pc

I installed both of these to my My Library directory, and I can find V4.2. in my Content Library tab and add her to a scene. Did I need to install both files?

Now I want to install the skin maps, for example the Std skin map. This has 3 installers, described as:

V4 Skin Maps Std - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS - exe - pc
V4 Skin Maps Std DS Metadata - exe - pc

The actual files names after downloading are:

3922_V4SkinMapsStd_1.0_dpc.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDS_1.0_ds.exe
3922_V4SkinMapsStdDSMetaData_1.0_ds.exe

Which of these files do I need to install? The dpc file is much bigger than the other 2 (even more for HR skin map), so i'm guess it contains the actual bitmaps and needs to be installed. Do I need to install both the DS and DSMetaData files.

My guess is I need to install the dpc and DSMetaData files. The DS file is for older versions of DS. Is this correct?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mark said:
    I think I have figured out how to install Genesis content, but I just purchased one of the V4 bundles and I am trying to figure out what to install.

I am using DS 4.5.1.6 on a PC Win7 64 bit machine. I don't have DS 4.0 and I don't have Poser. I just want to install for DS 4.5.

The order had two V4.2++ installers, described as:

ps_pe069_Victoria4.exe - pc
    ps_pe069_Victoria4DS.exe - pc

I installed both of these to my My Library directory, and I can find V4.2. in my Content Library tab and add her to a scene. Did I need to install both files?

Now I want to install the skin maps, for example the Std skin map. This has 3 installers, described as:

V4 Skin Maps Std - exe - pc
    V4 Skin Maps Std DS - exe - pc
    V4 Skin Maps Std DS Metadata - exe - pc

The actual files names after downloading are:

3922_V4SkinMapsStd_1.0_dpc.exe
    3922_V4SkinMapsStdDS_1.0_ds.exe
    3922_V4SkinMapsStdDSMetaData_1.0_ds.exe

Which of these files do I need to install? The dpc file is much bigger than the other 2 (even more for HR skin map), so i'm guess it contains the actual bitmaps and needs to be installed. Do I need to install both the DS and DSMetaData files.

My guess is I need to install the dpc and DSMetaData files. The DS file is for older versions of DS. Is this correct?

Install 'em all. The ds files are the D/S mats and/or puppeteer items.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I'll have to check, as the last time I checked these had not been repackaged in Bitrock installers with metadata. However, for the older installers, the DS versions are DS-optimized material presets, so you DO want to install them and load the textures from the DS-format folders rather than the Poser ones.